2011 traverse 3.6 charging issue

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
well new pcm installed..nothing. tech went into ma8n harness and found issues. if this harness is going im dumping it...it has already been gotten into at least once before because the protective wrapping was tampered with

• Sad
Reactions: Mooseman

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
Sad that they didn’t check the wiring before tossing a PCM at it. Seems like that happens at a lot of shops. They just stick in a PCM first and ask questions later.

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
final diagnosis, a white gummy goop in injector #4 plug causing the misfire. unk why alternator failing, coulda been a back feed. its running on old pcm. 800 bucks for a gummy goo.

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
Good call. I have a 2012 Acadia and regret owning it every day. I changed the timing chains and then 2 years later a rod bearing went so I changed the engine. Plus all the nickel and dime stuff. Such a headache.

• Wow

JAVINDRA

May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
had similar issues with my 08 Acadia with voltage fluctuations with also the charging system and battery lights coming on intermittently but finally bit the bullet and purchased a rebuilt alternator and all is good now

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
I just can't get past the dealership not being able to tell me why the alternator shorted out twice and then coming up with this lame excuse of white gunk in the plug to the injector. I still have to go speak with him on Friday and why they didn't go straight to the injector to diagnose the misfire instead of blaming it on a computer. I could have taken off the plenum and figured that out for myself. it would be nice to be able to post a logical reason for what had occurred so people can read about it and diagnose it themselves.

JAVINDRA

May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
volt gage drops down and thenn ight pops on. new alt, new battery. intermittent problem. checking cables but how to test the voltage sensor? hoping no ecu problem etc. any sugestions on why this is happening? its always when the car is driven for a while then volts go from 14.5 to high 12's etc and wont budge

JAVINDRA

May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
While owning a 03 Envoy xl (loved it)then a 08 Acadia slt I figured the Acadia would follow but I was very wrong. The only similarities between the Envoy and the Acadia are that they are both have a great highway drive and they both are roomy and well laid out but sadly the Acadia's entire drive train is junk . Two items you should own are a good volt meter and a good obd2 scanner plus a good budget for repairs

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
I spoke with the dealer and they said the white goop was in the engine harness main plug that goes into the PCM creating no connectivity with number four injector. they have only seen this once before and they don't know what it is but they said if it fails again it will require replacement of the engine harness. up for sale on Facebook marketplace

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Fixed it for ya.

Reactions: dla442

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member