2010 gmc acadia hard starting after sitting for a day

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
The car is a 2010 gmc acadia slt fwd. It has all the power options, and everything is working. Its got a brand new battery on it, and a new alternator was put on last year. It shows its charging fine. Ive tested it with a multi meter, and I get no warning messages. I will start it, and it kinda acts like the battery is weak. I drive it and it charges it fine. Ive even shut it off after a drive, and it started fine....however if it sits for a day then you go to start it it acts like the battery is weak. I did some tests they showed on youtube to see if there is a draw on the battery. It didnt show any. Im kinda confused what to do next. There has to be something draining the battery. Or is it possible the battery could be bad causing this? Please someone give me some things to check for. Thanks in advance!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would wonder if a fuel injector isnt leaking.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It does sound like it's a parasitic power draw. I don't know which method you used but I would try another one. There are several. I like this one:

There is also this method. I have never tried it but seems a little simpler than the fuse pulling.

Verify that after being parked overnight that the battery is indeed low. Or put a battery maintainer on it overnight and see if it's still is hard to start. This would eliminate anything but a drain on the battery causing the issue.

deerslayer1985

Original poster
Feb 26, 2015
Thanks for the help guys. After a ton of troubleshooting with no find. I decided it has to be the almost new battery. Well I took it back where I got it. It tested good on their little handheld thing...but they decided to put the battery back on my car and do a full test of everything. The battery failed when it was under load. So a new battery and all is fixed.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
On the outside chance that Hidden Parasitic Draw might still raise its Ugly Mug... "Crazy Ivan" (The Man From PHAD) investigates the need to replace the Battery in a 2012 Acadia. Along the way, he demonstrates his Testing Methods for determing the New Battery Health Conditions, cancelling and clearing ALL Codes and shows all of his unique procedures for investigating a Parasitic Draw in the Acadia style Vehicles. Later on her finds some real problems caused by an Improper Seat installation that are NOT present in the OP's situation:

Reactions: christo829

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online