FOR SALE 2008 Trailblazer LT Leather 4x4 Blue Metallic Absolutly Great Shape! Many New Parts Mechanic Owned!

jerflash

Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
NYC
Hello All,

I did not want to have to do this, I wanted to keep this truck until forever but I have another one on the way and need a Tahoe for the 3rd row lol

2008 Chevy Trailblazer LT with the 4200 and 4x4.

Truck came well optioned from the factory with ebony leather, only things it did not get was a sunroof(good) but is also missing heated seats which would be nice but not a huge deal.

Came with an upgraded head uint and pioneer speakers when i got it, they sounded good but I added a kenwood Carplay/Android auto head unit
with a backup camera. Works out great.

As stated I'm a mechanic for many years, I got this truck with 140,000 miles 4 years ago from another mechanic. It was well maintained since he got it from the dealer. Pretty sure it was in a garage when he had it too. He did all of the fluid services on time and other maintenance things as well.

It now has 185000 miles and I've done a full overhaul on the truck since i was planing on keeping it... It has little if any rust on the body and the frame is in great shape.

One of the first things I did was change the leaking power steering lines and the front power steering cooler. I also did upper control arms, lower control arms bushings, upper/lower balljoints.

Spark plugs changed and cylinders scooped at 170K, bores look amazing and does not burn a drop of oil and it does not have any blow by at all. Really great shape engine. Oil always changed on time with valvoline 5w30 synthetic.

Transmission is also in great shape, I added a trans cooler to it as soon as I got it. I did a drain and fill with new filter about a year ago. Fluid was not burnt at all and shifts really well. I did upgrade the 4l60e to the Sonnax Pinless Accumulator Piston when I was in there because this item is well known to wear and leak over time and cause hard shifting and can lead to other issues. Was preventative and work very well. I also recently changed the transmission cooler lines all the way to the transmission as they were looking oil. AC Delco OEM Lines.

Transfer case Was recently serviced with the right AutoTac II fluid and I replaced the output shaft seal. I also found a very good condition aluminum rear drive shaft out of another model and loaded it with brand new spicer joints. I also found a good used front driveshaft that was used on a southern truck with mine condition CV joint and good joint. As I said I wanted to keep this thing good for a long time.

Speaking of 4x4 I also swapped out the 4x4 disconnect for the Dorman upgraded model with the billet aluminum plunger that is known to fail, the bearings in the old unit were shot. I also have good cv axles and new seals on the front diff

Also just recently swapped out both front wheel hubs for ac delco OEM FW121 Units. also changed out the backing plates to new units.

Also upgraded the front brakes to the Trailblazer SS style, This means new larger OEM AC Delco rotors, 2 reman SS calipers with the larger brackets, new ceramic brake pads all around.

I also recently swapped out the stock 8" 3.42 open rear axle for 8.6” rear out of a V8 model with the G80 so now it is even better off-road! New axle seals, backing plates, and the proper synthetic fluid. SOLID

I also just put a small lift on the truck… right before finding out I’m having another baby lol. On the front his was done the right way with Bilstein 5100 right height adjustable shocks, new top mounts, and some new old stock OEM “84” front springs. Stock it came with “83” springs but had monroe quick struts in it spot wanted oem springs. In the rear I found some new old stock trailblazer ext springs and put a 1” spacer on top, paired with some slightly longer 5100 rear shocks. Also some adjustable swaybar links to make it all work right again. It really does ride really well and can now handle more. If you wanted you could lower them to stock and put back the stock rear spings and be right back to stock really easy.

I was able to find a NOS front radiator skid plate and transfer case skid plate so I added those. I also added frotn tow hook and i had a custome aluminum skid plate made for under the engine. Made by MBD Fab

I also just now put some upgraded wheels and 32” Firestone destination X/T tires on that I love. Still have original wheels as well.

Truck was tuned with HP tuners (I have a race car so already had it and know how to tune) so the speedo and transmission shift and locks up properly.

Also upgraded the head and taillights. Found some really nice LED tails and headlights with projector housing for the lows. Put in LED low beams and led fogs. they work very well.

Also a new alternator, serpentine belt and larger AGM battery fitted under the hood. Also need fan clutch 2 years ago…. List really does go on.

Overall I really want to keep this truck but it’s not the right thing to do, Plus I’m done working on it for now lol.

Seriously it’s great and will serve someone very well. You basically dont have to do anything to it other than fluids for the next 5 years or more!

$6500

Check the one pic for now, I need to take more.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: Thetonymartin

Thetonymartin

Jun 30, 2014
Utah
Hello All,

I did not want to have to do this, I wanted to keep this truck until forever but I have another one on the way and need a Tahoe for the 3rd row lol

2008 Chevy Trailblazer LT with the 4200 and 4x4.

Truck came well optioned from the factory with ebony leather, only things it did not get was a sunroof(good) but is also missing heated seats which would be nice but not a huge deal.

Came with an upgraded head uint and pioneer speakers when i got it, they sounded good but I added a kenwood Carplay/Android auto head unit
with a backup camera. Works out great.

As stated I'm a mechanic for many years, I got this truck with 140,000 miles 4 years ago from another mechanic. It was well maintained since he got it from the dealer. Pretty sure it was in a garage when he had it too. He did all of the fluid services on time and other maintenance things as well.

It now has 185000 miles and I've done a full overhaul on the truck since i was planing on keeping it... It has little if any rust on the body and the frame is in great shape.

One of the first things I did was change the leaking power steering lines and the front power steering cooler. I also did upper control arms, lower control arms bushings, upper/lower balljoints.

Spark plugs changed and cylinders scooped at 170K, bores look amazing and does not burn a drop of oil and it does not have any blow by at all. Really great shape engine. Oil always changed on time with valvoline 5w30 synthetic.

Transmission is also in great shape, I added a trans cooler to it as soon as I got it. I did a drain and fill with new filter about a year ago. Fluid was not burnt at all and shifts really well. I did upgrade the 4l60e to the Sonnax Pinless Accumulator Piston when I was in there because this item is well known to wear and leak over time and cause hard shifting and can lead to other issues. Was preventative and work very well. I also recently changed the transmission cooler lines all the way to the transmission as they were looking oil. AC Delco OEM Lines.

Transfer case Was recently serviced with the right AutoTac II fluid and I replaced the output shaft seal. I also found a very good condition aluminum rear drive shaft out of another model and loaded it with brand new spicer joints. I also found a good used front driveshaft that was used on a southern truck with mine condition CV joint and good joint. As I said I wanted to keep this thing good for a long time.

Speaking of 4x4 I also swapped out the 4x4 disconnect for the Dorman upgraded model with the billet aluminum plunger that is known to fail, the bearings in the old unit were shot. I also have good cv axles and new seals on the front diff

Also just recently swapped out both front wheel hubs for ac delco OEM FW121 Units. also changed out the backing plates to new units.

Also upgraded the front brakes to the Trailblazer SS style, This means new larger OEM AC Delco rotors, 2 reman SS calipers with the larger brackets, new ceramic brake pads all around.

I also recently swapped out the stock 8" 3.42 open rear axle for 8.6” rear out of a V8 model with the G80 so now it is even better off-road! New axle seals, backing plates, and the proper synthetic fluid. SOLID

I also just put a small lift on the truck… right before finding out I’m having another baby lol. On the front his was done the right way with Bilstein 5100 right height adjustable shocks, new top mounts, and some new old stock OEM “84” front springs. Stock it came with “83” springs but had monroe quick struts in it spot wanted oem springs. In the rear I found some new old stock trailblazer ext springs and put a 1” spacer on top, paired with some slightly longer 5100 rear shocks. Also some adjustable swaybar links to make it all work right again. It really does ride really well and can now handle more. If you wanted you could lower them to stock and put back the stock rear spings and be right back to stock really easy.

I was able to find a NOS front radiator skid plate and transfer case skid plate so I added those. I also added frotn tow hook and i had a custome aluminum skid plate made for under the engine. Made by MBD Fab

I also just now put some upgraded wheels and 32” Firestone destination X/T tires on that I love. Still have original wheels as well.

Truck was tuned with HP tuners (I have a race car so already had it and know how to tune) so the speedo and transmission shift and locks up properly.

Also upgraded the head and taillights. Found some really nice LED tails and headlights with projector housing for the lows. Put in LED low beams and led fogs. they work very well.

Also a new alternator, serpentine belt and larger AGM battery fitted under the hood. Also need fan clutch 2 years ago…. List really does go on.

Overall I really want to keep this truck but it’s not the right thing to do, Plus I’m done working on it for now lol.

Seriously it’s great and will serve someone very well. You basically dont have to do anything to it other than fluids for the next 5 years or more!

$6500

Check the one pic for now, I need to take more.
Where are you and this truck located?

Reactions: jerflash

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
His profile says NYC

jerflash

Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
NYC

jerflash

Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
NYC
ttt i have a line on a VERY cheap yukon denali xl with every option that needs a trans and has the 6.2.... Could throw a trans in it and be on my way. so ya know or i will give it to my used car buddy to sell but rather someone here get it

jerflash

Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
NYC
new photos!

Attachments

• IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    956.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    896.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    966.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    876.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    960.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    882 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    862 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    678.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    546.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    529.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    677.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    779.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    529.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    480.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    425 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    664.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    625.8 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: mrrsm and Blckshdw

jerflash

Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
NYC
Wow...it looks great. Nicely done. Does it have G80 diff? Also what ratio?
It does have the G80 and its still 3.42 and works great with the 32" tires after the tune

c good

Dec 8, 2011
It looks great. I was thinking about it as a replacement for my Envoy if they couldn't figure out my electrical gremlin of 11 years. I'm pretty sure mine is fixed now. PCM ground connector was loose.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vickes

Members Online