2007 TBLS aftermarket HU issues

RoosterRage

Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Replaced factory HU. Bought the GMOS-04 (as instructed by an audio professional that had no gain in the recommendation). I've installed the GMOS-04 as per the instructions (at least I'm pretty sure I did). Installed a Pioneer DEH-73BT.

Current new issues post install:
- Static noise coming through dash tweeters
- Occasional whine concurrent with acceleration (alternator noise ?)
- Both static and whine go away if I turn the dash light dimmer all the way off
- Occasional cut-out of all speakers, unable to determine if caused by movement of GMOS-04
- Removed 16 pin harness from GMOS-04 unit yesterday, and dome light went out. Plugged 16 pin back in, dome light functions again.
- Occasionally hearing power window motor noise through dash tweeters.

Other non-HU installation issues that may/may not be causing interference/static:
- Head lights will dim down upon cessation of power window switch activation
- Rear wiper motor not functioning [(unknown if motor seized or if electrical issue, fuse checks out ok) prior to install]
- #4 setting on blower motor control not functioning 95% of time used (issue prior to install).

Have had the vehicle for about 6 years, haven't used OnStar once. I don't need the OnStar, but would like to stick with Bose amp, if at all possible.

There is no noticeable heavy drop on voltmeter in dash at any time.

Checked as many grounds as I could find throughout vehicle, cleaned ones that needed it (none were terrible), and moved my HU ground further away from battery/alternator, no change.

Dialed both potentiators of GMOS-04 up and down, no changes.

Sifted through countless Google searches and YouTube videos, nothing has helped.

Personal issues:
-Ready to pull what little hair I have left out of my head!!!

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
GMOS's have been known to fail. I've had a few fail on me but not like yours. PAC audio have much better quality. RP4-GM11 is what you would need without OnStar.

The noise is likely just electrical noise. I had that even with the PAC. Just get a ground loop isolator to go between the HU and Adapter (RCA male to RCA female) and it will be fine. I used this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0049MYXEY/?tag=gmtnation-20

RoosterRage

Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Went and bought a gm2000 unit last night, installed it, and have been having zero issues with the HU. The other issues still remain, so obviously not related. Bad GMOS unit it was.

Now I need to figure out what's up with the headlamps dimming, rear wiper, and blower motor. Thank you for your response!

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Now I need to figure out what's up with the headlamps dimming, rear wiper, and blower motor. Thank you for your response!

You can certainly post in the appropriate section for that one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online