2006 Trailblazer ticking noise now wont run

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
CASH, when you pulled the coil leads, was the engine idling or did you have someone rev it? Usually you need some revs, maybe 1500-2000RPM's to really hear the difference. I just noticed your thread in the "Engine and Drivetrain" section, sux it was a bearing.

I haven't been inside the pan but I believe there is a "framework" for lack of better terms that lays across the mains and may hinder access to the rods but I don't know for sure. Do you have any pics of the rebuild?

I can say if you have some $$$, I know if I had an 06+ I would....and that would be to get the head ported since the 06+ has larger ports and can really be hogged out.

CASH, there is roughly 60HP to be had from porting and custom cams on that motor. Cams are pricey as the blanks run about $500 + grinding.

With the motor out if you plan on keeping it just take your time and do everything if the funds are avail.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That really does sound like rod knock but then the coming and then suddenly quitting is really foreign to me. When my old car started knocking it was constant. Of course, I also wasn't sure what it was, assumed it was a bad lifter, and kept driving it then next week and put a couple hundred miles on the car before I had it checked out lol. A good chunk of that was highway too. Mechanic said I was lucky it didn't throw the rod :lipsrsealed:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giggy

Members Online