2006 Trailblazer Factory Service Manual

h2shaw

Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
I need to replace the radiator in my 2006 Trailblazer LT. It has a 4.2 L Inline 6 and I am looking for the factory service manual to show me how to do it.

I did look at the 2006 Service Manual that is on this site but it does not show how to replace the radiator.

Can anyone help?

Thank you
Heather

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
h2shaw said:
I need to replace the radiator in my 2006 Trailblazer LT. It has a 4.2 L Inline 6 and I am looking for the factory service manual to show me how to do it.

I did look at the 2006 Service Manual that is on this site but it does not show how to replace the radiator.

Can anyone help?

Thank you
Heather

One year of Alldatadiy.com for $10. See my coupon I just posted. Its normally $17 a year.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
You can probably use the 2002-2005 engine cooling manual as a guide. There might be some minor
differences in fastener locations, but the overall process should be the same. That's included in the
collection that Mooseman has provided. There aren't so many fasteners on the radiator that you'd be
surprised by something as long as you take your time.

Good Luck!

Chris

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
I suspect the trickiest part will be disconnecting the transmission fluid lines from the bottom. search this site for content and photos.

h2shaw

Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
meerschm said:
I suspect the trickiest part will be disconnecting the transmission fluid lines from the bottom. search this site for content and photos.

Hi
I tried do a search on here for disconnecting the transmission fluid lines and couldn't find anything.
Not to be a pest, but any idea how I could find that out?
Thank you
Heather

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/joecamel90/2010-03-25_001811_cdool.pdf

http://gmtnation.com/f79/transmission-cooler-line-r-r-5083/

hope these help.

why do you need to change radiator?

Also, I take it back. about the hardest part being the lines. you also probably have to pull the fan clutch, and remove it and the fan shroud too. can be a PIA to unscrew the fan clutch from the water pump, and also to get the fan shroud (with the fan clutch/fan) up past the radiator top hose fitting.

google :how to change trailblazer radiator. links to some discussion on another not to be mentioned web site.

l

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54