2005 Rainier Finally Low - Thank You NorcalSS!

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Thanks for the help, and shipping the parts out to me, Tony. I'm extremely pleased with the ride, handling, and look of the truck now. When you, and others say, "Better than stock," I really thought it was going to be a minor difference. I never thought that being 2-4 inches lower could not only maintain a smooth ride, but make it even smoother. I also was worried about alignment issues, but had no issues whatsoever with getting it aligned.

Here's my 2005 Rainier with AWD. It's lowered with the Belltech Drop and DJM Upper A-Arms. I replaced the leaky, crappy airbags with the Belltech Springs that came with the kit as well. I cannot stress how much better the ride got over the old stock suspension. Night and day difference. I have experienced significantly less body roll, no more jumping around when braking on rough surfaces, less jolt from bumps, and even a quieter ride on the highway. When the wind picks up, I don't feel like it's going to take my truck and throw it, while previously, it felt like I had a sail on the top of my car. Even if I didn't get the beautiful, beautiful low look of what I've done, I'd still say that this was 150% worth it, just based on the ride itself.

null_zpse563e472.jpg

null_zps5b50140a.jpg

null_zpsdb2c6d48.jpg

null_zps05aa23ea.jpg

null_zpsa25aa8f3.jpg

THANKS AGAIN, FOR EVERYTHING, TONY!

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
jrSS said:
Looks good......never seen a lowered ranier. What spacers did u use?

Thank you! I actually didn't use any. When I did, the front end sat higher than the rear. I never saw another lowered Rainier either, so I decided to be the first that I know of, and I'm seriously happy with the result.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online