NEED HELP 2004 Envoy XUV, DIC close roof problem.

glasshalf

Original poster
Nov 7, 2021
texas
Original problem: Tail gate would not open, but the tailgate window works up and down. DIC read tailgate - see manual

Update as of today sunday:
Took it to my dads house. He is a mechanic. He used a scan tool on it. He used said scan tool to unlock the tailgate.
Great I thought. The window opens and closes,and the tailgate now swings out, and down no problem with the tailgate switches.

I then had a great idea of trying the roof...bad idea actually.
The roof will open, and it will close.
Enter the new problem.

New problem:
When the roof is closed, if I try to close(roll up) the tailgate window, the DIC says close roof.
Well the roof is closed, the gmc thinks otherwise.

What we tried:
1. We tried to recalibrate the roof with the scan tool. It would start, the roof would start to open a little, and then close a little but it never returning to completly closed.
The scan tool said "not complete" on the calibration.
We tried this calibration with the roof started in the closed position, and in the open position. Same movement, same results.

2.Tried to recalibrate the tailgate window position. It seemed to complete HOWEVER, in the scan tool the " learned window open position is 649" it should be 0- 255.

The learned closed position is 26.
Also tried recalibrating the window in the closed and open positions, nothing changed.

So in short. Everything with the roof and tailgate is working mechanically.

Buuuut...there seems to be a problem with the roof thinking its still open, causing me to not be able to roll the tailgate window back up...without the scan tool forcing it up.

Any thoughts?

Mathoran

May 3, 2012
This guy made a few pretty good videos about fixing one of those if you haven't seen them yet

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wow, two separate XUV posts in the same day!

In the FAQ, there are a number of links for XUV specific problems and even some videos.

EnvoyXUV

Nov 7, 2021
Colorado
Wow, two separate XUV posts in the same day!

In the FAQ, there are a number of links for XUV specific problems and even some videos.
Its a miracle! I think GMC only made ~24,000 of these and only produced them for a year and a half. Not a great thing when looking for replacement parts lol

Can you please approve my post as it isn't covered in any of the FAQ threads

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't know why your posts are being hung up by our spam filter. I have approved them. Hopefully that will allow future ones through.

@TollKeeper should be along soon to help out.

Reactions: EnvoyXUV

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The best way to calibrate the windows, and I believe the roof, are to not use the Tech2/Autel, but to only use the key.

Using the key, close the roof, and window. Once in the closed position, turn the key to close again, but hold it there for no less than 30 seconds.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online