2003 Trailblazer Owner from FL

Dillyo82

Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Yo!
First off, I have been a member of Trailvoy with the same Screen Name since 2006 or so.
When I have an issue I always browse TrailVoy first. Now that I have found GMTnation, I will search here first. I have read that there is some controversy between the two sites, but regardless of the issue, I am very appreciative of the members of both sites that have helped me with my past TB issues.

With that said. I am a guy that was born, raised and currently in Sanford, FL which is 35 min NE of Orlando.
I don't care much about the Hot weather, but love the Mud!

My Wife and I take the TB to a campsite in Holopaw, FL a couple times a year since 2007 and usually sleep in it with a Blow-up Mattress. I have only gotten stuck a couple of times due to body clearance being so low. The longest Trip we took in it was to Key West for our Wedding...with no issues after having to replace the PS pump three days before!

I originally bought the TB for the perfect balance of features I wanted for a Truck, but not being too big for my Wife to drive.
Since then, I have learned that I cannot lift the damn thing more than 2" safely.
I have replaced the Airbag Module, Power Steering, Thermostat, ECT, Blower Switch Resister Pack...that's all of the big stuff without listing wear/maintenance items.
Overall, I have been fairly satisfied with the TB, except for the $800 AirBag Module replacement a month after buying the vehicle in 2006 & MPG. Yeah, it is 15-18MPG as it's listed, but can't complain too much because I love the Torque the I-6 has.

I take pride in my work and generally do not trust Mechanics as a whole...no offense to the good ones out there.
I've done all of my Replacements and Maintenance myself, except for the Trans Fluid and Turning the Rear Rotors.
Sure it takes more time to do it myself, but I know that whatever is done, is done right.

I would like to do mods to it in the near future as long as I have the money to spend. As all of us know the Economy hasn't been kind to a lot of us, I fell into the 1 income 2 person family, soon to be 3 with our son due in Nov 2012. My wife recently found the job she went to College for! That means I get to dream about Mods again!:biggrin:

Again, much appreciation to all of those who have helped me in the Past Present and Future!:thumbsup:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome fellow Southeastern!

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome!

Dillyo82 said:
I have read that there is some controversy between the two sites, but regardless of the issue, I am very appreciative of the members of both sites that have helped me with my past TB issues.
Don't think of it so much as us vs. them. Most of the active members who were "them" are now "us". :undecided:

I know it's a long drive, but you're welcome to join us for the 4th annual Pinellas Park meet. :thumbsup:

http://gmtnation.com/f49/4th-annual-pinellas-park-meet-11-17-2012-a-4007/

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! There are other lifted members in Florida you can compare notes with, or you can also join offroadtb.com for more technical articles about lifting and aggressive offroading. Lots of options in the 2-3" region. (Then you add larger tires and a body lift and you can be riding 8-9" taller than stock.)

Dillyo82

Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oh, I know there are options Roadie...and I can't wait to make the first one a reality finally! thanks for the offroadtb.com website.
By the way...with a 3in lift, are the CV joints the part that has to be replaced so often, or are there others too?

I feel like a Celebrity just spoke to me:biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Dillyo82 said:
Since then, I have learned that I cannot lift the damn thing more than 2" safely.

Dillyo82 said:
By the way...with a 3in lift, are the CV joints the part that has to be replaced so often, or are there others too?

I have prolly 6-7 inches of lift with 3-4 of that as suspension. No real issues. CVs last just fine, aligns out just fine, gets 15 mpg on 35s.

Oh and welcome.

Dillyo82

Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
Welcome!

Don't think of it so much as us vs. them. Most of the active members who were "them" are now "us". :undecided:

I know it's a long drive, but you're welcome to join us for the 4th annual Pinellas Park meet. :thumbsup:

http://gmtnation.com/f49/4th-annual-pinellas-park-meet-11-17-2012-a-4007/

I saw that the same familiar members from the OS were on here and figured that much, but didn't know the whole story.
Yes, it is a haul, but also really close to my kid's due date too. Are there any other dates of other meets, or an upcoming events page?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome over :tiphat:

markmc

Nov 20, 2011
Dillyo82 said:
I saw that the same familiar members from the OS were on here and figured that much, but didn't know the whole story.
Yes, it is a haul, but also really close to my kid's due date too. Are there any other dates of other meets, or an upcoming events page?

Welcome Neighbor
You should really try to make one of the Tampa area meets.
Always a Great time over on that side of the sand bar. :cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online