2003 Envoy Bose Amp issue

vyasmonarchu

Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
I just bought jvc kw-avx810 online and want to install it in GMC Envoy 2003 with existing Bose Radio with AMP and onstar.

I bought a standard wiring harness to connect it to my system. but after everything done . My new stereo turns on but i get no sound in it .

Any help ..

I do not want to spend money on harness and stuff . Need to get a shortcut. Not the one in which i have to re wire the speakers . Something Else

I read few places that i have to look for a pink wire to turn on my amp but i cannot find one on the back harness of my stereo .

I see there is a pink wire in the amp plug in the back but not in front.

don't know what to do .

as per instruction manual it says

(GMWIRE)Blue/White = +12V Remote Output (Amp remote, Radio ON Signal)
(JVC)Blue/white = to the remote lead of the other equipment(200 mA max)
(JVC)Solid Blue = To the automatic antenna if any(200 mA max)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There are no shortcuts. You need an interface like the GMOS-04. No way around it. Otherwise, the amp won't turn on, no OnStar, no chimes.

vyasmonarchu

Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
Mooseman said:
There are no shortcuts. You need an interface like the GMOS-04. No way around it. Otherwise, the amp won't turn on, no OnStar, no chimes.
I figured out that my car has a LUX amp and so it needs signals form Bus 2 data from my cars computer to turn it on . Chimes are connected via amp. They even work with no stereo in the car . I tried it today . So what to do now

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You still need an interface.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhacohen

Members Online