20" x 8.5" with 6 x 5.5" pattern

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
I might be able to get a decent deal on some 20 x 8.5 rims. (So much for keeping stock wheels)

AFAIK my TB has a 6 x 5" pattern and to use the rims I would want to go with a 6x5" to 6x5.5" adapter/spacer with 38mm - 41mm offset.

Does that sound about right running standard width A/T tires? And, any idea where to find such a creature? I found adapters for the lug pattern on ebay, but nothing about offset.

Also, Any tire recommendations?

They look a lot like these
View attachment 27356

Also, would these rub without lift/body lift without looking like they've got lo-pro tires on it? P265/50R20?

Attachments

• BC5308-2.jpg
    BC5308-2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 101

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
I bought the markmc spacers for my old rims,told he was a trusted member and source for spacers and lifts. The ebay ones seemed cheap.. In just changed to 275/45/20 and love it but heard 265/50/20 work also with no issues.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Buy from MarkMC, aka The Lift Miester, you will not be sorry. I also have his on my truck.

... wait you planning on lifting in the future?

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
mikekey said:
Buy from MarkMC, aka The Lift Miester, you will not be sorry. I also have his on my truck.

... wait you planning on lifting in the future?

I will probably lift in the near future, at least a little bit to get the front end up.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Here is some good info on wheel spacers and back spacing and how to do the math, I had to figure out when purchasing my Method Race Wheels: OffRoad TB - View topic - Wheel Spacers/Adapters/Backspacing Information

As you can see and if you go look at your car now, this is the issue you have to worry about.

ball-joint.jpg

I think a 20 inch rim clears it, not sure. I am sure an SS guy knows.

It's why we all need spacers to run the larger tires that we do.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I ran 1.3 inch adaptors and 20x10 wheels. With 325-60-20 Toyo's. Need suspension and body lift to fit the tires, but no issue with the big ass wheels and the ball joint.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Offset wont officially be changed by adding spacers, the overall offset will but wheel offset will not.

If you want to do it, the only reason Id recommend it is either really cheap wheels or you want to go with that bolt pattern for more wheel options. You will need at least a 1.3" adapter/spacer to convert our bolt pattern to 6x5.5. Even a 1.3" might required some grinding of the stock studs so they do not interfere with the new wheels. And regardless the wheels will stick out a bunch, at least what the spacer is so Id only recommend it for a lifted truck that wants the wider wheel look.

MarkMCs are great, if you dont end up using his Id highly recommend BORA adapters from Adaptec. I had Jr build my 10mm spacers for my SS last fall and Ive been very happy with them. I know a few SS guys are using them as well after I posted over there about them.

For tire size, if you are stock height Id recommend 275/45R20 or 265/50R20. Lots of tire choices and the speedo wont be off at all (275/45) or more than a few % (265/50). Both of these are popular tire sizes for stock or lowered SSs, you'll be fine with a stock height truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online