$1.50 Quad beams w/ or w/o fogs (4-hi or 6-hi)

Gerbil21

Original poster
May 28, 2014
Mounce said:
Okay..after playing around with it for twenty-ish minutes I got it to work. I could get pin 5 of low beam relay to trigger fog light pin 85 but no way could I get 85 of high beam to trigger anything, flipped doses around and nothing.

Finally I tried pin 86 of high beam relay and what would ya know...it worked. Just gotta clean things up or redo them and put them in good.

Your statement of silver stripe towards low beam and fog light is incorrect though, stripes towards high beam relay is what worked for me.

Will probably finish this mod up tomorrow, again, anyone have an opinion on whether I should do a write up? Don't wanna get everything heat-shrinked and someone say "hey, you should've made a write up!" because at the point of getting everything neat, I won't want to take it all apart.
Well as I said it should be 85 but idk I didn't do it at the fusebox for the high beams, also yea I realized I wrote that wrong it should be the other way around how you did it since then ground will be "flowing" down stream to the high beams letting the low beams stay grounded.

Also take some pictures either way and post them up.
Glad to hear it worked [emoji1]

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Gerbil21 said:
Well as I said it should be 85 but idk I didn't do it at the fusebox for the high beams, also yea I realized I wrote that wrong it should be the other way around how you did it since then ground will be "flowing" down stream to the high beams letting the low beams stay grounded.

Also take some pictures either way and post them up.
Glad to hear it worked [emoji1]
Everything I had read said 85 so you weren't in the wrong there. Even for the Tahoe I did the other day, just connected the three 85 pins with diodes and it worked.

Thanks for the tips though and I'll see what I can accomplish about a write up..I'll give you and the guy with the missing pictures some credit so don't think I'm trying to steal some fame lol..just trying to get a good, picture accompanied write up for that method for guys like me that hit invisible roadblocks lol.

Reactions: Gerbil21

Gerbil21

Original poster
May 28, 2014
The radioshack link doesn't work for obvious reasons (r.i.p. Radioshack) so here are the specs

uploadfromtaptalk1443831806239.png

Reactions: xavierny25

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gerbil21 said:
The radioshack link doesn't work for obvious reasons (r.i.p. Radioshack) so here are the specs
Mounce said:
Diode is a 1n4004. That's the number you'd look for when trying to find them. (number is not in above picture)
Good thing there are people around here with super powers who can update broken links when they stop working. :wink:

Gerbil21

Original poster
May 28, 2014
Mounce said:
Diode is a 1n4004. That's the number you'd look for when trying to find them. (number is not in above picture)
Whoops forgot to add that, also for anyone else looking you can easily find then on ebay

And just a slight correction, it's in4004 not 1n4004. But thanks for adding that!

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Mounce said:

Gerbil21 said:
Whoops forgot to add that, also for anyone else looking you can easily find then on ebay

And just a slight correction, it's in4004 not 1n4004. But thanks for adding that!
Mounce is correct with the part number.

Gerbil21

Original poster
May 28, 2014
DAlastDON said:
Mounce is correct with the part number.
Wow just noticed, whoops sorry for the incorrect post

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod