07 SS Remote Keyless Entry programming issues

nvrs

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
To start, Just bought an 07 SS. Couldn't believe the condition it was in 48k mi and immaculate inside with a fairly new Kenwood deck installed(which I will be removing for a new nav unit down the road)

So I read the article onn how to program my rke fobs...

Then went ahead and bought 2 brand new fobs off ebay. Part number GM15008008(which is the same part number that was on the back of the working fob that came with the truck).

The single fob that I got from the dealer when I bought the truck works fine. The truck goes into program mode, programs the first(original remote that the car came with) and then I get nothing from either of the new fobs. I checked the batteries in each and even swapped the battery from the working fob to one of the new ones and still nothing happens. I do not have the memory seat function to the best of my knowledge( I have cloth seats and no steering wheel controls).

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Another member had a similar problem with fobs purchased on eBay.

fadyasha said:
Hey guys so after getting home i played around some more but didn't work.

My original FOB got reprogrammed from the first time around but the new one wouldn't. Bummer!

I emailed the seller so either he sends me a new one or just give me a refund. Damn thing only costs like $8

I don't even think its worth sending back!

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Wyle said:
Another member had a similar problem with fobs purchased on eBay.

Yup That's me! :frown: to eliminate the possibilities put your TB in programming mode and attempt to reprogram your original FOB, then attempt to program the new FOB's. If the original reprograms and the new don't then there's a problem with the new ones.

I eventually gotta refund on mine after reaching out to the seller. Only benefit I got out of the new FOB was that I swapped the casing :rotfl:! My old FOB looks brand new now but still functions like sh**! :lipsrsealed:

I don't mind though cuz the mod bug bit me after reading posts about the remote start. That's where i'm heading! :biggrin:

nvrs

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
fadyasha said:
Yup That's me! :frown: to eliminate the possibilities put your TB in programming mode and attempt to reprogram your original FOB, then attempt to program the new FOB's. If the original reprograms and the new don't then there's a problem with the new ones.

I eventually gotta refund on mine after reaching out to the seller. Only benefit I got out of the new FOB was that I swapped the casing :rotfl:! My old FOB looks brand new now but still functions like sh**! :lipsrsealed:

I don't mind though cuz the mod bug bit me after reading posts about the remote start. That's where i'm heading! :biggrin:

cool, i will contact the seller then... i ordered one more from a different seller in hope that this one will work... I was going to try the two on the 2003 tb tomorrow just to see if it was just my truck.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
nvrs said:
cool, i will contact the seller then... i ordered one more from a different seller in hope that this one will work... I was going to try the two on the 2003 tb tomorrow just to see if it was just my truck.

Mine's a 2003 :tongue:! While you're at it how about you fill out your profile information about your vehicle! :thumbsup:! Good Luck

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
nvrs said:

Both of mine are real weak with new batteries and contacts cleaned (which was the discussion in the other thread). I'm tempted to try and reprogram one with my son's TB and see if the signal weakness is with the FOB transmitter or the vehicle receiver.

Driving by his house at night and setting off his alarm with my FOB would be for entertainment purposes only. :biggrin:

PS. Not to badmouth vendors, but it would be nice to know if bad FOBs consistently come from the same eBay seller. Maybe you guys can compare notes or just share info in a post. Nice to know you got a refund and a shiny new case for your trouble, fadyasha. Glad the seller made things right.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Wyle said:
Driving by his house at night and setting off his alarm with my FOB would be for entertainment purposes only. :biggrin:

That would be fun haha!

Wyle said:
Nice to know you got a refund and a shiny new case for your trouble, fadyasha. Glad the seller made things right.

Yeh me too, guess he figured it wouldn't be worth it to send another overseas again! worked out well for me :thumbsup:

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
I found it took some "practice" when I programmed a newly acquired (used ebay) remote. Assuming you got proper response of the door locks locking and unlocking automatically to indicate you were in programming mode, I found it took a good 30 secs (maybe longer) holding down the lock & unlock buttons for the doors to cycle thru lock and unlock indicating the remote was programmed. The first try I thought it wasn't working because of the time interval and did it again.

nvrs

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
fadyasha said:
Mine's a 2003 :tongue:! While you're at it how about you fill out your profile information about your vehicle! :thumbsup:! Good Luck

done, but there is only room for one tb and I now have two(so i put it under additional info...)

AbsoluteZero said:
I found it took some "practice" when I programmed a newly acquired (used ebay) remote. Assuming you got proper response of the door locks locking and unlocking automatically to indicate you were in programming mode, I found it took a good 30 secs (maybe longer) holding down the lock & unlock buttons for the doors to cycle thru lock and unlock indicating the remote was programmed. The first try I thought it wasn't working because of the time interval and did it again.

I was able to get the original remote programmed, the ebay ones just didn't take(held the buttons down for over two mins just to make sure)

nvrs

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
So I got the new fob in the mail today and low and behold. Nothing... Same as the others. Not a peep, and I programmed my original first then moved on to the second fob. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Crap! Sorry to hear that man but if you're original is programming fine then it's the FOB's. Like what the earlier member said try waiting up to 30 seconds.

I waited up to a minute but nothing. I searched everywhere on the Internet but same same. The procedure works for some and others just doesn't :sadcry:

nvrs

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Ok, put the alarm in valet mode... still doesnt work. guess im gonna have to go to the dealer and buy a fob from them that they program, if they can even do it. its strange that i have gotten 3 bad fobs from ebay that wont work with either the 2007 or 2003 tb.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
nvrs said:
Ok, put the alarm in valet mode... still doesnt work. guess im gonna have to go to the dealer and buy a fob from them that they program, if they can even do it. its strange that i have gotten 3 bad fobs from ebay that wont work with either the 2007 or 2003 tb.

keep us posted bud. See if they can program any of the FOB's you got and also keep an eye on them and see if they're doing anything different for new FOB's

nvrs

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
AbsoluteZero said:
Have you ever tried programming one of the ebay remotes first?

tried to program the ebay remotes first. i have 3 different fobs now from two different sellers and still nothing. the original that i was given with the truck seems to work just fine when i get it into program mode. is it possible that i simply just got 3 bad remotes? they all have good batteries in them.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Just a thought. Has anyone verified the reprogramming steps aren't missing a last step or something?? I'm just thinking that I've only heard of a working fob getting "reprogrammed" in recent discussions. How do you know that actually did anything? :undecided:

I have two working ones but they're still weak with new batteries. I plan on seeing what happens when I reprogram one to my son's TB, but I haven't tried that yet.

nvrs

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Wyle said:
Just a thought. Has anyone verified the reprogramming steps aren't missing a last step or something?? I'm just thinking that I've only heard of a working fob getting "reprogrammed" in recent discussions. How do you know that actually did anything? :undecided:

I have two working ones but they're still weak with new batteries. I plan on seeing what happens when I reprogram one to my son's TB, but I haven't tried that yet.

These are the instructions i have been following to get into program mode.

You must have all remotes including working ones when performing this procedure.

1. Close all doors.

2. Insert key into the ignition.

3. Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on driver's side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so in step 5.

4. Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)

5. Release the power unlock button on the driver's side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. If locks cycle then continue to step 6.(if the door locks begin to lock and unlock BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start over. Remove key, open door and return to step 1. If the vehicle continues to lock and unlock before releasing the unlock button then there is a problem with the vehicles system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there's a problem with the vehicles system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.

6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.

7. NOW repeat step 6. for all additional remotes including working ones.

8. After step 6. has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.

9. Turn ignition to OFF, remove key and test all remotes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online