05 trailblazer crank no start...

Scottrtig

Original poster
May 10, 2016
Kemah, tx
Finally got the trailblazer running great....then check engine light, stall, crank no start...has fuel, code was lean bank 1 at first then went to ingnition code...help me

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
What is the ignition code? There might be the issue. Without the actual code or description we can't help a whole lot. "ignition code" says little.

What repairs did you do to make it run great?

Scottrtig

Original poster
May 10, 2016
Kemah, tx
I did the valve cover, cam sensor, actuator solenoid, ignition coil,plugs. Check light came on and then stall.
First code was p0171 (I think) lean bank 1...crank no start...checked checked fuel at fuel rail valve...good...no pressure check though. .then after awhile with no codes it came back with p1684 I think. ..car is still down the way....ignition issue code...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
FYI, as a forum, we try and solve problems on the forum so others can see it, offer solutions and to share with others. PM's or phone calls are discouraged.

And aren't you worried about posting your phone number in public like this?

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I would definitely check fuel pressure with a gauge. I think low pressure could create a lean condition, in my mind at least.

Looks like p1684 is commonly pointed towards the ignition switch, which is a very common failure on these vehicles. It's a voltage correlation issue between the two ignition 1 circuits. Also wouldn't hurt to check the throttle body connector.

How long ago did you do the work? Did this happen upon the first few test runs after the work was completed?

At this point I'm about above my knowledge so a phone call won't really help.

Scottrtig

Original poster
May 10, 2016
Kemah, tx
Not really...but I get you...the truck is issue...so I guess I'll have It towed and start tearing into it...ill repost tomorrow the actual codes. ..but it did say lean bank 1 then later after I could get it to read codes again it shot me a p1684...does that make sense?

Scottrtig

Original poster
May 10, 2016
Kemah, tx
Where would start for the ignition switch? Seems unlikely the key switch would just fail but yet I crank...
A crank sensor disconnection to the ecm would cause this fail i think...could it be the ecm needs to be re oem coded so it has a clean cache and will read without reference?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That would not prevent the truck from starting IMHO as you also have the cam sensor, or it will just run on a default setting without sensor input. Or would throw a code for it. You have to see what is preventing the engine from starting. Lack of fuel or spark. Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to ignition (but not start)? You should hear it buzz for 2-5 seconds or so. If you do, then check for spark. If spark is good, then go back to fuel and check that fuel pressure is within spec.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syntaxmaciah

Members Online