04 Silverado which spark plugs

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
04 Silverado 5.3L

Are those motors finicky with the plugs like the I6 engines?

Rockauto lists 4,330 plugs in everything from copper to iridium. I don't have the vehicle here to see what's in it now.

Any help is appreciated!:cool:

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
My service manual lists AC Delco 41-985 as the plugs for a 2004 Chevy Silverado 4WD with 5.3 L V8 (VIN Z and T). I don't have any personal experience with how well these engines take to aftermarket plugs.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Sweet. Looks like the 41-985 supersedes to 41-110. I'm not a fan of aftermarket plugs.

Thanks!:cool::thankyou:

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
May,

These motors are basically bulletproof, will run on fruit punch if you needed to. I know many people who have run many different kinds of plugs on this motor. I also know someone who was running motorcraft plugs in it. Basically anything will work, but I recommend sticking the to tried and true ACdelco - slightly more money in some situations but theres a reason why chevy uses them from the factory. I have mine sitting in my garage in a box that i need to get to soon. Doing Delcos with MSD wires. One day...

David B.

Dec 5, 2011
Irishboy02 said:
May,

These motors are basically bulletproof, will run on fruit punch if you needed to...

Yeah, I agree. I've run mine on Coors Light for the past 5,000 miles with no problems.... I like to share :smile:

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Irishboy02 said:
I also know someone who was running motorcraft plugs in it.

Mind=Blown:biggrin:

Irishboy02 said:
Basically anything will work, but I recommend sticking the to tried and true ACdelco - slightly more money in some situations but theres a reason why chevy uses them from the factory. I have mine sitting in my garage in a box that i need to get to soon. Doing Delcos with MSD wires. One day...

Thanks! I did the job over the weekend, I pulled out 41-985s and put in the 41-110s. It wasn't bad, the swivel joint for my spark plug socket was a big help.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online