02 Envoy 4 wheel drive issue

Dave606

Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Thanks for any help in advance. I'm having what seems to be a common problem in the 02 tb and evoy when the ignition is turned on there is no lights on the switch nor the service 4 wheel drive on the dash I have done my fair amount of research on troubleshooting this from pulling fuse #8 under the hood and #48 under the back seat, to checking with a meter which decided to flake out on me after about 5 minutes so I had to do it the old way with a test light . Heres my findings on the black 16 pin connector on the back of the tccm when I touched the test light to the tan wire the tc actuator would click, the light blue wire the front axle actuator would cycle, the purple wire with white line would turn the 4lo dash light on, Tan with dark brown line would turn the 4hi light on the dash on , pink would turn the A4wd light on and the green would turn the 2wd light on. Would this be a sign that in fact my tccm is bad or is there something else I should look at that may be causing my issue. Sorry so long winded on my first post but would like to get this issue solved before cold weather gets here.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
A test light put to the wrong pins, meant for 5v max, can blow things up instead of helping a diagnosis. Please don't anyone use a test light on electronic control circuits. They're good for lamp circuits only.

Your 2002 TCCM is bad. Just get a 2003+ unit.

Dave606

Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
thanks for the input on the test light that could be the reason the light never lit but even before my meter flaked when I was testing to continuity when I would touch these wires they would have this effect.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online