'00 S 10 Dome light problems

Joe_Coach

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I have a 2000 S10 and the interior lights are not turning off when I close the door all the time. They work intermittently but then go back to always being on no matter what i try. I think the problem is a ground on the driver door switch but i am not sure. any help would be great.

Simon01

Dec 5, 2011
Assuming the brightness dial isn't turned up all the way & causing the dome light to come on, I'd say it's a worn out door jamb switch. My full size 97 has switch issues too but I'm too lazy to replace it. Sometimes I can spin the door switch and it will start working again.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I had that issue with the passenger door switch in my '00 Jimmy. I just unscrewed the switch out and taped up the plug and just forgot about it. Easy to replace though.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
In my '92 full size Sierra, the plungers were mounted in plastic panels on the sides of the dash. Plastic eventually bowed in to the point where there wasn't enough plunger travel to turn the lights off. Bonding shims to the door jam helped for a while, but eventually I just pulled the bulbs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online