What do you get from a Resonator Delete?

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Here is what I done with mine for now, I just cut the down slope off the tip so it didn't look so ridiculous and of course it didn't affect the sound any
You need to be careful with this move though. you could get exhaust swirling up into the rear bumper and eventually getting sucked back into the cabin.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You need to be careful with this move though. you could get exhaust swirling up into the rear bumper and eventually getting sucked back into the cabin.

Incorrect. Our cabins are positively pressurized when we drive. Next time you're driving, leave the HVAC blower off, but set the mode to the dash vents. As you drive you'll feel a breeze coming in. There's a cabin vent in the cargo area on the driver's side behind the panel for the air to exit.

A number of us, myself included, have run our rigs with the resonator cut off at the rear hanger for years with no issues. :twocents:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
what about when not moving?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I am yet to smell any exhaust with this setup in front of the axle under the windows, so i doubt behind the axle will be an issue.

ex3_zpsuikg9gml.jpg

RedRocketZ28

May 16, 2014
Mines been gone for almost two years. Now I just need to stop being lazy and weld on my Magnaflow muffler and new tip...

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I am having zero luck finding 2.75" tubing, except for full 4' lengths that are $65+ on the internet. Ive tried custom exhaust shops, I guess I should try some cheapy shops just to see if they have any.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
I am having zero luck finding 2.75" tubing, except for full 4' lengths that are $65+ on the internet. Ive tried custom exhaust shops, I guess I should try some cheapy shops just to see if they have any.

Get a 2.75" to 2.5" reducer, and run 2.5" pipe out the back.
Or, get a 3" to 2.75" reducer and run a 3" pipe out the back.

Reactions: xavierny25

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
So I guess there's no way to do this cheaply. No one carries 2.75" tubes. If you order online, you have to buy 4' or more for a ton of money, plus shipping. I can upgrade to 3" easy enough, but I want that stock look with the loop down subtle tip at the end, which means i'd need 3" tube plus the tip, or 3" tube and have it bent 30° for me. At those prices, it's just as expensive to just go to an exhaust shop and have it done. This was supposed to be a quick thing my mechanic did while he was replacing the springs, just cut out the resonator and stick a straight pipe in it's place. Bummer.

Apr 23, 2016
Tennessee
Finally...IMG_1884.JPGAfter 2 years of owning my TB I finally deleted the resonator and I have to say to everyone who has one this is a must, it sounds a tad bit more aggressive and I feel more power when revving up the truck not to mention it looks so much better from having that big tank hanging out

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.