What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smt 59

I try my best to keep her looking and running as good as new. 130,000 miles and not to many people believe it.
Like mine, 140,000 KMS and spotless after all these years I still enjoy driving it.

Here she is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xavierny25

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Like mine, 140,000 KMS and spotless after all these years I still enjoy driving it.

Here she is.
Cleaning her out. I wish Colorado wasn't so hard on cars but what can you do when the roads are covered in Sulfur and dirt 8 moths out of the year. beautiful truck, SMT.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
20160111_164425.jpg

I've had my Tahoe for over a year and in that time it went through three pairs of LED tag lights (the one on the right). The other day I noticed that the third pair started flickering so this time I used a different kind of 194 (the one on the left) which I had leftover from the Tahoe interior LED upgrade. I went to check the tag lights on the trailblazer and sure enough one was flickering so it got the same LEDs as the Tahoe. The tag lights in the trailblazer sit almost directly behind the port of the box so I don't expect them to live forever, but the Tahoe is stock so no excuses. If these don't hold up in the Tahoe, I'm building my own LOL.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
I got my parts today that I ordered yesterday. No I did not have them overnighted from Japan, they came from a warehouse in Cleveland and it was just standard ground shipping to where I live by Dayton. It's about 180 miles maybe but still very satisfied with Rock Auto.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Drove it around town a little bit this morning. Engine cranked over kinda slow, due to quite a bit of HID testing over the last few days without the engine running, I assumed. Mirrors folded quite slowly on shutdown, so I figured tossing the charger on it when I got home would be in order.

Got it home, backed into the garage, opened the door to check side clearance, and shut it down. Key wouldn't turn all the way back... :eek: Tried to start it, no crank at all.

Threw the charger on it. At 2A, the gauge read 75% Key still wouldn't come out. Flipped the switch on the charger to 10A, gauge went down to 50% :confused: Key still wouldn't come out. Frustrated, I sat in the driver's seat, wondering
wtf.gif
was going on...

Then I look down at the cluster, more specifically, the gear indicator. I left the damn truck in reverse when I turned the key off.
finger.gif
:duh: Crisis averted, moving on now...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I Picked up a cheap basic headlight bulb for the Silverado since I am planning on a retrofit anyway later on. Why spend more on better bulbs to just replace them?

Walmart.com said $7.68 for the bulb, cheaper than anywhere else local. Went and they had it at $10.97. What? Went to the register showed the cashier the price on my phone and she said, "Oh you want to price match the website? OK!"

So word to the wise - if you buy anything from wally world, compare the in store price to their website price and have them match their own website!

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Walmart.com said $7.68 for the bulb, cheaper than anywhere else local. Went and they had it at $10.97. What? Went to the register showed the cashier the price on my phone and she said, "Oh you want to price match the website? OK!"

So word to the wise - if you buy anything from wally world, compare the in store price to their website price and have them match their own website!

I tried that and they denied the price match for my Silver Star Ultras because they had to pay the people to stock the shelves. I basically gave them the what for and found a pair on ebay for a pair for $25 shipped.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I tried that and they denied the price match for my Silver Star Ultras because they had to pay the people to stock the shelves.

That's when you go online, buy it from the site, but have it for in store pick up. Then smile at the customer service person, after you end up getting it for the price they were supposed to match. :wink:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Installed my new pan hard bar from Massive Speed Systems

Sexy :yes:

I installed new upper control arms in the ext, that turned out to be a super easy job.

Now I just finished repairing my left tail light, one of the bulbs kept going out. I added a spring to the contact to keep it tight. Now it looks normal again. There is no telling how long that thing was out, could be months. ...

Reactions: smt 59

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Late last night...replaced the water pump, and put on a new thermostat. Temp was running low, so figured that my thermo went bad. I just replaced it in June so was a little hesitant, but then we noticed the water pump was bad. Since I had a new thermostat on hand, we just replaced it before we refilled the radiator. Don't think the thermostat was bad, but either way, I'm going to take it back to Advanced Auto and get my money back.

Changed the oil and rotated the tires also, when she was up on the rack. Oil wasn't too bad at 8500 miles. DIC said 22% though.

Also had a P0455 code, which I had already replaced the canister vent solenoid, but the code still came back. My buddy told me about the charcoal canister was possibly going out, which could be clogging up the canister vent solenoid. Gonna do some research on that guy now.

Reactions: dmanns67

Kyle

Jun 9, 2015
Thermostats must be the "in" thing.. Just got done doing mine.. Stupid check engine light and only about 160°.. That was fun!!!! :bonk:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
That's when you go online, buy it from the site, but have it for in store pick up. Then smile at the customer service person, after you end up getting it for the price they were supposed to match. :wink:

They may have not even been returned to inventory.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Warmest day in about 3 months today.

Replaced my spare tire hoist today at a new self-service garage I wanted to check out. That went flawlessly - bolts weren't frozen. The old hoist certainly looked original. Garage looks to be a keeper, anytime I want to use a lift rather than crawl around on a creeper. Felt like a 'real' mech today...LOL

While I had the truck on a lift, I also found...

- Looks like I've got a fairly new gas tank, and no leaking around the filler neck connection (*so* stoked over finding this...thank you, prior owner!)

- Found out my transfer case model (226, or NP8)

- Surveyed the transmission pan, for my upcoming valve body rebuild (it's a deep pan with a drain plug) - headed over to O'Reilly's afterward and picked up the correct filter kit (they didn't carry AC/Delco, but they did have Wix) and 6qts of Dex VI.
-Cursed myself after I left for not grabbing the last (7th) one on the shelf, because I'm also going to be adding a Derale cooler when I do the shift kit.

- Looked at my front suspension - looks like I could probably use a set of end links (no surprise there, I guess)

- Found my fuel filter (being an '03, it's an external). That'll be done right after the shift kit.

- Found no leaks from tranny pan, or front / rear diff / axle areas

- Shift cable bushing looks to be OK (so I'll just keep my new one in the package for now)

All in all - a good day and feeling pretty darned happy about the 'Voy. Even the garage owner agreed that my truck should last a long, long time, given proper maintenance.

Oh - one last thing - someone created a zombie post with one of my last ones over at the Explorer user site yesterday regarding the crank / rod bearings that went south in my last Exploder right after I bought it (and was what pushed me back to GM and the Voy in the first place). I went back there to answer that poster, and wish them all well and let them know that yes, the GMT360s / 370s are a pretty good truck, like some of them had remarked regarding the LL8 compared to the 4.0L and the 4.6L Ford engines. Much respect over there for the Atlas six.

No, our vehicles aren't perfect - but I'm in a good frame of mind right now regarding the truck I chose, this time.

Reactions: Matt

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Installed my new pan hard bar from Massive Speed Systems
When I had gotten mine, they put the logo upside own.........

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
All was good with mine, install was a breeze and looks cool.
Me and Brandon were confused for a min or so because we tried putting it in word side up because who the hell puts on a logo upside?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Was Brandon laying down when he did the install, maybe that's why he thought it was upside down, lol.
Was Brandon laying down when he did the install, maybe that's why he thought it was upside down, lol.
We were on opposite sides putting it in, then were confused as to why only one of us could get a side in

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Oil change day today, Wix XP filter and Mobil 1, plus doing the wife's Rav. Then, power washing some of the crap off both of them.

Put in the new glovebox light switch and it still doesn't work, looks like more investigation is needed. (It's not the globe because I put an LED in it) Replaced the bracket for the strap that you pull the rear hatch down with, mine broke after I left the junk yard. Got a new D/S mirror cover and I didn't break the tabs getting it off the donor :2thumbsup: so that went on as well.

Reactions: Blckshdw

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Replacing both upper control arms...if they ever arrive but they should be here later.

Also, far too much work to remove one bolt because some donk didn't design the battery tray with a cutout. I was going to hack it up but it appears to be aluminum and not plastic.

20160131_124648.jpeg
20160131_133803.jpeg

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Haha...great, well...at least the drivers side came so I can that one back together...both were supposed to be here but oh well. Pass side is much easier.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I checked the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online