Very odd Transmission issue!

saab97x

Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
I am new but have owned a Envoy and Bravada with same engine / trans before. Just purchased a 06 Saab 97x with 94000 miles (4.2 I6). Well the person I purchased the vehicle from did not tell me about a transmission issue. SO here is the deal. Car runs and shifts fine except when you take it on long highway trips. Basically, after a long trip (2 hours) when you come off the highway and stop it will shift hard into 2nd gear. The engine light will come on and have two codes P0742 and P0894. It just happen for the second time. I have driven it almost 1500 miles total. Something about a TCC solenoid failure. Well I replaced all 5 GM transmission solenoids and flushed transmission, new filter, etc. Well it did it again for the second time on Sunday after I replaced all those solenoids. Only a hard shift from 1st to 2nd. Anyone had this issue? I have read many things from whole tranny rebuild to there have been occasions, with this trans, where the valve body gets hot & will slightly warp. This causes the valves inside to bind slightly until the internal pressure gets high enough to move it. This causes the hard shift. .. I am puzzled and not happy especially after spending $600 to replace all those solenoids. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
How is the fluid level?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wonder if it was super dirty and the flush broke more dirt loose.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online