...vandalism

CDJuda

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
For the fourth time someone has intentionaly damaged my car, I don't drive like a jackass and I don't double park. This is really starting to bother the snot out of me, I've thought about dash cams but all of the damage so far has been done to the side of the vehicle. There aren't that many dependable security systems that have proximity sensors. I'm running out of ideas, I don't know why people keep on vandalizing my TB but it's really starting to get at me.

1st key mark from front to back on driver side
2nd shoping car pushed into the side from across the parking lot
3rd another key mark on passenger side this time
4th hard to tell what they used this time, but there are golf ball sized impact marks all across the drivers side, paint is actually pealing from where it was hit. " was not hail damage "

any ideas on how to stop this madness? :frown:

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
1. figure out who is doing this
2. find where they park their car
3. obtain long fuse
4. put one end of fuse in gas tank
5. light the other end and walk away

:thumbsup:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
If you have dark tinted windows, You could start doing random stake-outs from inside the vehicle... (Seated covertly in the back seat) :thumbsup: :undecided:

***God I would love to catch some punk redhanded and see the look on their stoopid ass face as I open the door :hissyfit: I would end up in jail though, I wouldn't be able to stop whooping ass :frown:

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
If most of the vandalism is taking place in the same location, set up a game tracking camera, like hunters use. Not too expensive.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If it is happening in the same parking lot try moving to a different spot... THe game camera is a good one.

CDJuda

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
The problem is most of it happens when I'm at work, the most recent incident occurred when I was just hanging out at a friends house. I think my car just naturally attracts A-holes. I might stake out tonight when I'm at my friends again though. I was gonna start working on my exhaust and now I'm paying for paint repairs.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Who did you piss off?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Yours must be a vandal magnet... People seem to steer away from mine.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Makes me suspect it is the same person (or group) doing it each time.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Grab some beers and a friend or two for a stakeout. I bet the punks aren't old enough to drive. Dents may have been from a hammer? Everyone I knew who did this crap back in the day eventually got what they had coming. Still sucks though.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
tblazerdude said:
1. figure out who is doing this
2. find where they park their car
3. obtain long fuse
4. put one end of fuse in gas tank
5. light the other end and walk away

:thumbsup:

I hate vandals, had one key me one time up in Morgantown. I swear, if I knew who it was I'd do this to their car and then sleep like a baby that night. Sometimes ya just gotta find a-holes who keep messing with you and proceed to teach the a-holes a lesson about not vandalizing your truck.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
mikeinDE said:
If you have dark tinted windows, You could start doing random stake-outs from inside the vehicle... (Seated covertly in the back seat) :thumbsup: :undecided:

***God I would love to catch some punk redhanded and see the look on their stoopid ass face as I open the door :hissyfit: I would end up in jail though, I wouldn't be able to stop whooping ass :frown:

This is what I was thinking or using a friend/family member to park their car across from your truck. Have them do this at night you can be in the backseat armed and with a camera. Wait it out and :Boxin::popo: I'm sorry you have to go through this bullshit bro.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Surely nobody on a public forum is suggesting using deadly force against property vandals.....are they? :frown:

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
the roadie said:
Surely nobody on a public forum is suggesting using deadly force against property vandals.....are they? :frown:

Definitely not deadly, that makes you worse than them. There does come a time, however, when you have to make it known you won't be messed with - sometimes in a strong way. I do however agree this should not escalate to a level of even near deadly force.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
:no: no sir Mr. Roadie I suggested it just to have for protection but the boxing part I'm guilty. Whoever's doing that to him deserves an ass kickin' before the cops are called. Seriously though just camp out in the backseat and have your camera aimed and ready to record. I would rather him do this :thumbsup::thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Vandals definitely suck! I don't know how much time you really want to spend baby sitting your TB trying to catch them...

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
After the second time i would of installed one of those alarm systems that even if you touch the car it goes off
Really annoying but you'll scare/catch whoever it is

Btw nice TB, would hate to see it damaged

Been vandalized twice, once in my college parking lot someone put ketchup all in every single one of my door handles
And the second is a homeless guy took a rest on my rear step pad with all his bags full of cans/recycling so i pressed my panic button in my pocket to pretend it was my alarm and he left a big dent in my rear hatch, didn't realize until after he was long gone...... If only i saw him do it!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Halogrinder was definitely determined to spend 5 plus months messing around with that cleaning crew. Conner299 had the best idea with setting up a game tracking camera. The camera combined with random stake outs will be your best bet.

I see you said that some of it happened at work, do you guys have cameras on your parking lot? If, I would try to park near one.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
From experience, a security camera won't do you jack. I was broken into with two full facial recognition, stolen plates they arrived in, and still nothing two hours before sunset in the summer. Sometimes catching someone emotions can run high. Even the cops have said, "sit outside and wait. How bad do you want to catch em? Its what we gotta do sometimes".

Thank you for the laughs roadie! :rotfl:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
From experience, a security camera won't do you jack. I was broken into with two full facial recognition, stolen plates they arrived in, and still nothing two hours before sunset in the summer. Sometimes catching someone emotions can run high. Even the cops have said, "sit outside and wait. How bad do you want to catch em? Its what we gotta do sometimes".
A handheld camera showing the act is your best bet to make a case and remain somewhat calm when you get lucky.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
A handheld camera showing the act is your best bet to make a case and remain somewhat calm when you get lucky.

For sure! His comments combined with all the videos were :rotfl:

Nothing worse than someone elses piss in your face! I figured after that trap, the cleaning crew would have stopped, but I guess they really love his nuts :crazy:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I believe you can use deadly force to protect property in some states. I believe you should be able to.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
HARDTRAILZ said:
I believe you can use deadly force to protect property in some states. I believe you should be able to.
I had to Google for a bit to read up. Texas, as you can imagine, shows up prominently as a "you can kill the horse thief" state.

I found a relevant legal citation for Indiana's codes: Indiana Code 35-41-3

In general, your home or an OCCUPIED vehicle is a castle you may defend using deadly force against an intruder because of the assumed threat to your person or your family. Somebody sneaking into your front yard to steal a trash bin, not so much. Staking out a vehicle while IN it is different from staking it out from nearby. The debate probably centers around disproportionate force. What's the harshest possible penalty for a car thief? Not execution. Home invasion? Self-defense can be argued.

Motion sensitive game cameras seem to be the right technology, assuming you can't protect your vehicle in a garage or by upgrading your neighborhood. Or getting better insurance. Or keeping the vehicle dented and dirty (my ploy).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Castle Doctrine.

At one point I had issues with a GF ex-husband and the officers I knew said if he showed up again to drag him inside to beat the hell out of him and I would be fine.... It worked but explaining how his face broke the next door apartments window too...that was a bit tricky:wink:. He apparently tried to press charges, but I never had to do any more than go to the station, at my convienence, and give my statement.

I would not stake out someone stealing my car, but someone trying to carjack me...they will end up perforated.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Roadie, per your advice I read the hootus thread. :rotfl: Do you realize how much productive time I just lost from my day between this and the other threads?!

Seriously, my sides are hurting from laughing...

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
CDJuda said:
The problem is most of it happens when I'm at work, the most recent incident occurred when I was just hanging out at a friends house. I think my car just naturally attracts A-holes. I might stake out tonight when I'm at my friends again though. I was gonna start working on my exhaust and now I'm paying for paint repairs.

think i've seen yours at OP Mall, but that was when I worked up on 95th street last year

let me know if you need help, i'm down the road from OP

CDJuda

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Yeah I don't think it's the same person doing it, I'm clearly just having a run of bad luck... I might just buy a car cover and slide it on whenever I'm at work or at school to avoid the issue. Called State Farm and their going to send one of their guy's out. Anyone know where I can grab a cover for the TB? preferably something easy to slide on, and something cheap since I had to pay that glorious 500 dollar deductable...

CDJuda

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
n2daizo123 said:
Do you have any bumper stickers om your car?

Nope, I do have a window sticker though, it's just a red Gears of War skull though. Nothing that would upset anyone I don't think.

CDJuda

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
redleg6 said:
think i've seen yours at OP Mall, but that was when I worked up on 95th street last year

let me know if you need help, i'm down the road from OP

Yeah I work in the Oak Park area, nice to know I'm not the only GMT member in KCK. I'll shoot you text or something if I've got questions. :thumbsup:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Do you have any EXs in the area? Also did you have any co-workers at the party? I like the trail cam idea, chain one in the brush and see what happens.

CDJuda

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Porkins said:
Do you have any EXs in the area? Also did you have any co-workers at the party? I like the trail cam idea, chain one in the brush and see what happens.

don't have any EX's, didn't have any coworkers over, was just me and a couple other guys. My brother is in the Marines and he's back for a couple weeks so we were just hanging out. Still don't have any idea on who did it

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyatauction

Members Online