Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That all looks awful

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would drive it.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Agree the roof vinyl needs to go. The extra badging needs to be smaller (or should go). And tint the damn glass.

Chuck Bunyon

Jul 24, 2014
I used to be into sport compacts but never had the urge to do the large spoilers. I don't know if that's worse than the red mud flaps or the America license plate on a Japanese car.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
It might be a Japanese car and maybe he wanted to use the JDM designation for it, but the sign in front of it is in English. He's not in Japan.

As for spoilers, I like something a little bit small personally for something like this car or a 240Z or 280Z a lip air dam. For something with a trunk preferably a small bridge spoiler. Only a dragster should have some of those spoilers that some of these folks are putting on their cars nowadays. Those are not spoilers; those are reverse wings.

Chuck Bunyon

Jul 24, 2014
I can't get my tablet to upload the picture. It also had a coffee can of a muffler on it that he refused to shift gears just to be an a-hole.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Blckshdw said:
Kyle, that looks like someone slapped a transformer upside it's head mid-transformation, and it got stuck there! :dielaugh:
Omg perfect description, but I do like the front doors

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Da phuq? Waste of a decent Accord. And look at the rear wheel.

Reactions: Capote

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
There are a few cars that look decent with Lambo doors. I don't think I've ever seen a four door that looked good with them. Would have looked better I think if he tied the front and rear doors together to make a single gullwing door or simply reverse the back doors as suicide doors.

Anybody know if anyone has done suicide doors on an Envoy or another of the 360 platform? I'm going to Google it now.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Suicide doors. Not Lambo. Scissor doors on a 4 door look ridiculous in my opinion.

EDIT: I had replied to the first photo and had not hit send before you put in your double post.

EDIT 2: that looks like it's a hell of a sunroof going into that white Trailblazer.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Kept em seperate cause I had issues with second set of pics. I think the voy does not look too bad though.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I like the color scheme and "urban assault vehicle" look of that Envoy, but I still have not seen a four-door vehicle that looks good with scissor doors.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Gullwing would be way betterest

Reactions: mcsteven

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I like the Voy. Looks sorta familiar, as does the white project truck. Were those Trailvoy members back in my nooblet days?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hmm I like the suicide doors

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Me too. With the shape of the doors, I think it would look and work a lot better on an XL/EXT version than a short wheelbase.

Funny story: think of how big the interior space was on the early 1960s era Lincoln Continental's. The suicide doors on the Lincoln Continental's were added to give ease of access to rear seat passengers. In the very early 60s they were made slightly shorter and so to accommodate that reduction they added the suicide doors. Too bad they are not offered on some of the cars today. Think how much easier it would be to get into a Honda Civic, or a Subaru Impreza, or any of the small cars. I know they had put one, on a single side I think, of a Saturn and I know that they have and may still offer them on some extended cab pick ups. But I'm talking about on a four-door with external handles.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
mcsteven said:
Me too. With the shape of the doors, I think it would look and work a lot better on an XL/EXT version than a short wheelbase.

Funny story: think of how big the interior space was on the early 1960s era Lincoln Continental's. The suicide doors on the Lincoln Continental's were added to give ease of access to rear seat passengers. In the very early 60s they were made slightly shorter and so to accommodate that reduction they added the suicide doors. Too bad they are not offered on some of the cars today. Think how much easier it would be to get into a Honda Civic, or a Subaru Impreza, or any of the small cars. I know they had put one, on a single side I think, of a Saturn and I know that they have and may still offer them on some extended cab pick ups. But I'm talking about on a four-door with external handles.
They are called 'suicide doors' for a reason.. Open one up at speed and *fwoop* it sucks you right out. My guess is they don't offer them that can be independently opened without opening the front door for fear that some goof would go and mod/defeat the 'child lock' or 'auto - lock' type device that would would be necessary and create a real safety hazard.. :twocents: :undecided:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I agree. I'd still like to see one with the external door handle. It could skip the internal door handle, and really be purely mechanical: if the window is down the external door handle doesn't work. I can think of how to do that, and I think it would be very difficult to get around it. No internal door handle, and no putting the window down and trying to open it from the outside.

The physics part though says a little different. If you get the door open, the air is pushed in against you, not sucking you out.

Reactions: RayGumm

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
mcsteven said:
I agree. I'd still like to see one with the external door handle. It could skip the internal door handle, and really be purely mechanical: if the window is down the external door handle doesn't work. I can think of how to do that, and I think it would be very difficult to get around it. No internal door handle, and no putting the window down and trying to open it from the outside.

The physics part though says a little different. If you get the door open, the air is pushed in against you, not sucking you out.
Yah, but if you are hanging onto the door handle tightly and aren't buckled up... the door pulls you out as it swings open. It happens so fast that you may not be able to let go in time. I think that's why they stopped making them. But I agree, it would be cool to have if it could be done safely. I think car manufacturers aren't going to bother seeing as how that would cost a bunch of extra money in r&d anyway and we are being forced into buying smaller, lighter, more fuel efficient cars anyway by various world governments. Then again, the one who makes suicide doors safe and implements them would likely get my fat ass's money if I ever decided to buy a small sedan again.. brand new that is.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Trailvoy pics indeed. The project ended up totalled

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
RayGumm said:
They are called 'suicide doors' for a reason.. Open one up at speed and *fwoop* it sucks you right out. My guess is they don't offer them that can be independently opened without opening the front door for fear that some goof would go and mod/defeat the 'child lock' or 'auto - lock' type device that would would be necessary and create a real safety hazard.. :twocents: :undecided:
Actually it was because they opened towards traffic Iirc

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
HARDTRAILZ said:
Trailvoy pics indeed. The project ended up totalled
Back in the good old days when my mod bug was so immature, it just sat there, too afraid to try anything for fear of doing irreparable damage. How far it's come...

Reactions: BHAMER and dmanns67

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Back in the good old days when my mod bug was so immature, it just sat there, too afraid to try anything for fear of doing irreparable damage. How far it's come...
Now it mentors other mod bugs

Reactions: Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Trailvoy...back when I cut off sheet metal

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Now it infects others
Fixed it for you and Carlton.
:yes:

Reactions: Blckshdw

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Not Eeyore. Say it ain't so.

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Chrome crap everywhere, not to mention the flames......uploadfromtaptalk1412191773315.jpg

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online