sticker code - G80

revamp

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
So, I will admit I feel strupid even asking but I only just realized my sticker codes and saw G80 listed. Does this mean I do have a G80? (Waiting for smacks on the back of the head...)

If so I is very happy. :smile:

Reactions: Mounce and RayGumm

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
*smack* Yup, you gots the G80 Eaton Automatic Locker in the rear end.

You'll be happy til it engages at high wheelspin RPM and explodes... I fear mine.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
just don't floor it if you start to spin when starting off from a stop and you should be fine.

Reactions: RayGumm

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Sparky said:
just don't floor it if you start to spin when starting off from a stop and you should be fine.
What?! No drifting? Dammit!

Couldn't do that anyway, the traction control/stabilitrak crap is only partially defeatable. It doesn't go all the way off when the button on the shifter is pressed. Don't ask me how I know this. :wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Try holding the button and you can defeat it...

Or 4LO shuts the nannies off.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I know its on 06 and newer, but may not be on those earlier. There is a button on the shifter that you can click once and reduce the traction nannies, but it you hold it 10 seconds, it flashes on the dash and shuts them down.

revamp

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
Hmmm... I have the 2002. Do you think the thumb button on shifter magically does this? I wouldn't know where else to do this other than 4lo then.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
I know its on 06 and newer, but may not be on those earlier. There is a button on the shifter that you can click once and reduce the traction nannies, but it you hold it 10 seconds, it flashes on the dash and shuts them down.
Bad.
Flippin.
Ass.
:smile:
Will be trying this the instant I get home.
Watch me explode the G80 locker a day before Carlisle... :/

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online