Source for Wheel Spacers?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by l008com, Nov 14, 2016.

1. l008com

l008com Well-Known Member

I know you can google around and get wheel spacers all over the internet. But I've read many people say on this forum and others, that you need to be careful and not get cheapies. What are the "good" ones? Wheres the best place to buy them? I'm hoping I can get a full set of 1.5" for $100 but I know that might be a little cheaper than they go for. I'm still nervous about my wheels falling off but Trailblazers and really EVERY vehicle looks SO MUCH better when it's wheels and tires fill out their wheel-wells.

2. Sparky

Sparky Moderator

Theliftmeister has the good ones for sure. I'm sure others are decent as well but never an issue with his, he's the go-to pretty much.

djthumper likes this.
  3. Boricua SS

Boricua SS Well-Known Member

+1 for the liftmeisters. Plenty of people have and still do use his. I have BORA wheel spacers on my SS. Little pricey, but worth the money IMO.

4. hockeyman

hockeyman Silver Supporter

+2 on Liftmeister

My neighbor has a set of cheap-o spacers that he bought on ebay, and the only thing I do not like about them is that they lack the centering hub ring. Sorta like this:
    http://www.rastta.com/images/spacer1.jpg

The cheap spacers do not have that center ring, so there's no way of centering and supporting the the rim(s) once installed. Some say you really do not need it, but for me, I wouldn't trust the spacers without them.

fletch09 likes this.
  5. fletch09

fletch09 Well-Known Member

i've been running the liftmeister's 1.5" spacers for 50 K + no problems.

djthumper likes this.
  6. smt 59

smt 59 Well-Known Member

Another yes for the Liftmeister.

7. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

Following what hockeyman was saying, a lot of shops will not align a vehicle that doesn't have hubcentric spacers.

8. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

I have never used hubcentric in the 75K miles of running adapters. I had about 20 set of wheels on there in that time and would have needed all sorts of rings to fit them all. Never had a single issue. I properly install and tighten the wheels to the adapter and it has been great

A shop would never know if the spacer was hubcentric or not since they do not remove tires for an alignment. They likely have zero idea if you have spacers or adapters.

xavierny25 likes this.
  9. xavierny25

xavierny25 Platinum Supporter

Not sure which ones @Sparky sold me but so far so good. Thanks again sparky:2thumbsup:

10. Sparky

Sparky Moderator

Those were from LiftMeister.

Given the option I prefer hubcentric stuff as it is a bit easier, but that said, my aftermarket wheels are not hubcentric on my Silverado. They do have rings, which helps, but they're plastic and have a little slop because of that (I'm sure it'll get worse as they age and get some wear too). I just run the nuts down by hand first, then give the wheel a bit of a shake/wiggle as I snug them in a criss-cross/star pattern, then torque to spec in star pattern. You should always tighten lugs in a star pattern anyway.

xavierny25 likes this.
  11. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

The Firestone that I go to said something about it to me when I told them I'll end up getting spacers for mine.

12. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

As I stated...they will never know if they are hubcentric or not. You dont take the wheels off for an alignment. I doubt they touch the truck if you tell them once you do spacers. They always told me with spacers/adapters they would not take a wheel on or off for liability.

Matt likes this.
  13. fletch09

fletch09 Well-Known Member

around me, Discount Tire would not touch it because of spacers, but did change their policy (at least around me) and will work with spacers now. the Firestone place, that i am going to tomorrow to switch to my winter rims, (free tire rotation because i bought tires from them) has not had a problem w/ spacers. while the wheels are off, if i ask, they will check lug torque on the spacers.