Sold my daily driver, Bought another one...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
As most know, I park my SS for about 9 months out of the year or so. Obviously needing transportation, I have daily drivers. As stated in my sig, I had a 2014 LTZ RS 1.4L Turbo Cruze as my daily for the last 2 years. When i was looking for cars then, I was always facinated with the Malibu's, not just any Malibu, The 2013-2015 LTZ 2LZ Malibu's with the 19" Wheels, and 2.0L Turbo motor. At a price tag of $32k, it was a no brainer to get the cheaper Cruze. I was happy with the Cruze. Nice and peppy down low, nice turbo spool and blow off Valve, EXCELLENT gas mileage with only having to fill up 2 times a month... but i just grew tired of it. Sure i had all the options i wanted, and the sport RS package with bigger wheels and different front & rear facia's, but the lack of performance was really starting to piss me off to be blunt.

So for giggles one night a few weeks ago, i searched for Malibu's again and BINGO... found one. One owner, 2014 LTZ 2LZ 2.0L Turbo with only.... 15,900 miles! So, i said good bye to my Cruze yesterday as the new owners drove off and i now present to you my new to me Malibu.

Goodbye Cruze :sadcry:
20170210_163129_zps9rx9hyj8.jpg

Little Red White and Blue action before the Cruze was sold...
20170206_211930_zpsgboat3td.jpg

20170206_211913_zpszjxgiice.jpg

Onto the Malibu!
20170204_155144_zps0zwu0xxe.jpg

20170204_155633_zpslox3wytn.jpg

20170204_155220_zpsoiyfwsu0.jpg

20170204_155717_zpsuu0m4ivr.jpg

20170204_155255_zpsxpywjhj9.jpg

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
20170204_155316_zpslrcs8kxy.jpg

20170204_155404_zps40jac2ry.jpg

Friggin LOVE the interior!
20170204_222412_zpsvu1ctqy2.jpg

Factory HID's doin work!
20170205_200207_zpsq0tgkyvw.jpg

I just love this car! Every single option Chevy has to offer and the power of this 2L Turbo???!!! unbelievable! Rated at 260ish hp and 295 ft lbs of torque! Outstanding acceleration and almost no turbo lag... Im seriously taking this thing to the track to get times out of it, i think it hangs with my SS when it was stock it's got that much power with stock Malibu's running 14.8's!!! thats crazy!!!

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
I just love this car! Every single option Chevy has to offer and the power of this 2L Turbo???!!! unbelievable! Rated at 260ish hp and 295 ft lbs of torque! Outstanding acceleration and almost no turbo lag... Im seriously taking this thing to the track to get times out of it, i think it hangs with my SS when it was stock it's got that much power with stock Malibu's running 14.8's!!! thats crazy!!!
I'm starting to look at different options for my Trailblazer. She's getting old, and I'm going to be in Oklahoma for the next 4 years so I won't need a big ole 4x4.

Anyways, you're saying this things pretty quick eh? Would you go as far as calling it sleeper status?

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I'd say somewhat sleeper. It definitely surprised me. But a stock 4 cylinder 2.0L sedan running 14's at the 1/4 mile? I'd call that a little sleeper

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
My cousin has one of these and ever since I drove it I want one. I have long distance driven my sisters cruze a couple times now and I just find it... uncomfortable. It's a good fit for her since she is small but it seems weird for bigger people.

He was looking into a tune for the malibu but ended up not doing it because of warranty and such. An extra 50 HP or so and I forget the torque though. Here's the link if you so desire to look...

Reactions: Boricua SS

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Bro i'm surprised you haven't gotten your hands on a Caprice PPV lol. Such a beast.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Were you looking through this thread? I've brought it up multiple times in the past couple of months. Only problem is sourcing parts. Still thinking about trading up for one!! :biggrin:
Not to get off topic, but no. I've known about them for a while, they've been out since 2011.

Reactions: littleblazer

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
My cousin has one of these and ever since I drove it I want one. I have long distance driven my sisters cruze a couple times now and I just find it... uncomfortable. It's a good fit for her since she is small but it seems weird for bigger people.

He was looking into a tune for the malibu but ended up not doing it because of warranty and such. An extra 50 HP or so and I forget the torque though. Here's the link if you so desire to look...

You hit that nail right on the head, Made for unique people. College kids, first time drivers, single mothers of 1 or 2 kids (not in car seats), retired men/women, etc... while it was quite roomy and fir my 5'10" 400 lb body in there comfertably, it just wasnt enough car for me anymore.... And that's who exactly bought it, A school teacher buying her daughter her first car. What a car to give her though. 25k mile loaded with every option GM had to offer... sheesh...

but no tuning for me... already been on the Malibu forums and these motors/trans are prone to failure when you tweak them a bit... so im ok with what i have for now... just cosmetics to make it unique and stand out over the rest...

Bro i'm surprised you haven't gotten your hands on a Caprice PPV lol. Such a beast.

lol... didnt even think of those... i dont even think we have any around here...

Were you looking through the Whore thread? I've brought it up multiple times in the past couple of months. Only problem is sourcing parts. Still thinking about trading up for one!! :biggrin:

I think Capote pointed it out in another thread too about if you didnt have your GMT what would you be driving...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
lol... didnt even think of those... i dont even think we have any around here..
You would of had to look it up online for ones available on the public market, like at a lot that sells used Gov't vehicles or a dealership specializing in Police fleet vehicles. You can get them pretty cheap surprisingly for something with a 6.0, as well as their rarity of even showing up for sale somewhere.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice ride brother

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thx man! I've been looking for years lol

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Nice ride :thumbsup: good color choice! is that summit white or the tri -coat?
good luck changing a headlight bulb. my son in law had a Malibu, we spent an entire afternoon changing just one bulb. loosening bumper cover, wheel well covers, etc. what a PITA. believe it was a '10 or '11.
hopefully they have made that easier

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Still a sweet ride, how are you enjoying it so far?

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Nice ride :thumbsup: good color choice! is that summit white or the tri -coat?
good luck changing a headlight bulb. my son in law had a Malibu, we spent an entire afternoon changing just one bulb. loosening bumper cover, wheel well covers, etc. what a PITA. believe it was a '10 or '11.
hopefully they have made that easier

Thx brother. It's not exactly summit white like your TB or my brothers Silvy... It's a little more deeper in hue... definetly darker that white but still white. Upon looking things up without going off of the RPO code it's either the Snowflake White Pearl or the White Diamond Pearl.

Hopefully the bulbs will be ok as i have the HID bulbs. Time to go find a Malibu forum lol...

Still a sweet ride, how are you enjoying it so far?

Loving it so far. Still finding out little things here and there with all of it's options and im Starting to make it my own.. This damn Ohio weather though... I want to get up close and personal with her and giver her a good hand wash and detail but this weather is crazy... 45* yesturday, snowing right now, and by the weekend it's supposed to be sunny and in the 50's so maybe then... Already have the vinyl here at home to make the bowties black, ordered my weather tech floor mats already, set up my tinting appointment, and looking at my options for the cold air intake, down pipe, mid pipe, intercooler, blow off valve, and possibly.... possibly, a tune...

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Thx brother. It's not exactly summit white like your TB or my brothers Silvy... It's a little more deeper in hue... definetly darker that white but still white. Upon looking things up without going off of the RPO code it's either the Snowflake White Pearl or the White Diamond Pearl.

Hopefully the bulbs will be ok as i have the HID bulbs. Time to go find a Malibu forum lol...

Loving it so far. Still finding out little things here and there with all of it's options and im Starting to make it my own.. This damn Ohio weather though... I want to get up close and personal with her and giver her a good hand wash and detail but this weather is crazy... 45* yesturday, snowing right now, and by the weekend it's supposed to be sunny and in the 50's so maybe then... Already have the vinyl here at home to make the bowties black, ordered my weather tech floor mats already, set up my tinting appointment, and looking at my options for the cold air intake, down pipe, mid pipe, intercooler, blow off valve, and possibly.... possibly, a tune...
It doesn't take long.
deal.gif

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online