So Long, and thanks for everything!

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well, after 11 years and 173K Miles, it is time to retire the Trailblazer. It has been a great vehicle overall, just too many small things now that are really botering me. That, plus the fact that I am in a position to afford a new vehicle (used, but new to me) means the timing is just right.

The Trailblazer will be donated to a family in our church that is in desperate need of a vehicle. Yes, I could probably sell it for about 3 grand, but this makes more sense.

Thank you everyone for all the help and knowledge over the last 11 years, both here and the "old site". I will still lurk around once in a while to see what's up :smile:

Would liked to have kept it in the Chevy family, but they just don't make anything I am wild about now., and I find the interiors severely dated looking. Just personal preference. I AM keeping it American though :smile:

Will be picking up a 2015 Dodge Durango R/T tonight.

Thanks again all!

Chris

durango1.jpg durango1.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sucks to hear the TB is on it's way out, but that's the fate of our platform :frown:

Just make sure you put some lights in the new ride, and we're still good :wink:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Good luck with the new ride mate.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats and nicely done w a donation!

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Congrats on the Durango. Nice looking truck. That's awesome of you to donate the TB to someone from your church. :tiphat:

Gary P

Apr 18, 2016
Upstate NY
Good luck with the new ride, and tell the new owners of your old truck to join us here! :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
As one if our older members (time on the forum, not age!), you will be missed. You are certainly welcome to stop by once in a while.

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sucks to hear the TB is on it's way out, but that's the fate of our platform :frown:

Just make sure you put some lights in the new ride, and we're still good :wink:

It was just time unfortunately. I still have it for a bit, and even drove it into the city last night. Still does well.

Funny you say that about the lights. I wasn't going to do anything to the Durango for a while, but then the wife said she saw one with the interior visor lights and grill lights that looked really nice......hmmmmmm

Good luck with the new ride mate.

Thank you sir!

Congrats and nicely done w a donation!

Thanks. With what the dealer offered me, I'd rather help someone out that really needs it. Plus I hate the whole for sale stuff, so it's just easier all around for me.

Congrats on the Durango. Nice looking truck. That's awesome of you to donate the TB to someone from your church. :tiphat:

Thanks. See above :smile:

Wow another OG gone. Congrats on the new ride.

I really was not that active lately anyway unfortunately. I will still lurk around once in a while :smile:

Sucks to see you go. Good Luck Chris.

Thank you sir. I will lurk around :smile:

Tell em where to come for help! :whistle:

5.7l in the 'rango or the v6? 5.7 would be fun in it.

I most certainly will! The Durango has the 5.7 Hemi in it. in watching the on board info, I am averaging 15.8 mpg. Not bad for something that is way heavier than the TB. And if I would keep my damn foot out of it, it would be much better. But he growl is just TOO fun for now :smile:

Good luck with the new ride, and tell the new owners of your old truck to join us here! :2thumbsup:

Thank you, will do!

As one if our older members (time on the forum, not age!), you will be missed. You are certainly welcome to stop by once in a while.

Oh you can't get rid of me that easily :smile: I will still lurk around!

The new Durangos are pretty. Good choice.

Thanks, I really like the style, even if the back end is a bit "minivan-ish"

Chris

Reactions: Sib

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Wow, almost a year now. Sometimes I really miss the Trailblazer, but the Durango is going great. When I had my TB, I had always wished I had gotten the SS. Now I don't wish I had gotten a V6 Durango, LOL

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's never too late to find an SS :biggrin:

Glad you're enjoying your new ride. The door is always open. Have you found an awesome forum for it that's not associated to the Dark Side (VerticalScope)?

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
It's never too late to find an SS :biggrin:

Glad you're enjoying your new ride. The door is always open. Have you found an awesome forum for it that's not associated to the Dark Side (VerticalScope)?

Yes. Dodgedurango.net seems like a great group and have welcomed me nicely. I don't think they are with VerticleScope. The layout of the site doesn't seem like it.

If they are, these stickers will come off!

I still look around here once in a while :smile:

Chris

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online