So.. I got bored.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Let see if this pic comes out right side up.. Took tb too the beach. Yeah I blacked out and sanded plus glossed my tails but didn't stay glossy. Might have used wrong sort of clear coat, not sure. Not looking to tint fronts at all but will soon exchange for aftermarket without the yellow side marker, I hate it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130303_172932.jpg
    IMG_20130303_172932.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 35

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
you should just use photobucket lol

not sure how much of a fan you are but halo headlights would look pretty mean on the truck, give it some eye balls lol

something like

[EBAY]190794908110[/EBAY]

or if dont like the halos you can always disable the halos and have them for the clear corners and the projectors

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Much better, thank you sir lol.
No not at fan of halos, going to get the clear lights. That's next on my list, ordering the belltech drop kit this week, should give it a nice mean stance.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Let us know how well the plasti dip holds on the whole car! I feel like one door ding or a cart getting it at the right angle will peel it a bit. I always hear good and bad about plasti dip.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
painted rims gloss black think it will mix well with the flat black on truck.

Attachments

• IMG_20130309_162504.jpg
    IMG_20130309_162504.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20130309_153029.jpg
    IMG_20130309_153029.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 23

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Canary2323 said:
painted rims gloss black think it will mix well with the flat black on truck.

The rims look much better :thumbsup:

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I know, just procrastinating on ordering it. It's green engine enamel same stuff as calipers paint but more colors.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Curious to see how it holds up. My hood has been done since August I think. Seems like it never gets clean and dirt has kinda stained it, but maybe I need to wash a little harder, I just do not want to redo it so am gentle with it.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I read that your supposed to clean with a rubbery shammy type towel and simple green works really well, that what I used to clean my rims.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Just saw a picture of someone who did a speckled plasti dip paint job over matte white, looked kinda of cool. Thinking what matte white specks would look like on my matte black truck..

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
NVM.

I still can't make up my mind, I tried Charcoal, and white yesterday, then I went inside and ordered OD Green, and Blaze Orange. LOL. The stuff is fun to work with, that's for sure.

The gloss looks good with the matte btw.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Haha yeah I can't are up my mind either I saw the camo green color on a truck and looked pretty good, think that might be my next color.

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
mikekey said:
I thought about doing the gunmetal. Think I might just by a few cans of black, white and grey and see what appeals to me.

Canary2323 said:
Gun metal grey would look great, was thinking of trying flat white but would have to get kit to be able to fully cover in white.

Doing a few coats of flat black and then going over it with silver metalizer creates a nice gunmetal finish. I'm debating on going over it with plasti-dip clear coat for a smoother finish. There are some pics in this thread: http://gmtnation.com/f90/plasti-dipped-my-grill-6839/

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
I like it...gives me an idea for when the weather gets warmer.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
I never gave the matte black a fair shot.... so I did the hood and grille tonight. Kind of a crappy photo and I wont' be able to tell till I roll it out in the sunlight. But I'm kind of digging it.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Looks great, definitely looks better in person. Pictures don't do the matte color justice.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Well not to hijack your thread, but I think I might just go for it. That's only one can of Matte black, but it probably needs a few more coats. The nozzle isn't amazing. My father in law has an HPLV so I might do the whole car after we do the lift and tires.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I totally hijacked you thread, sorry dude!

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Hey no problem hijack away haha, keep the thread alive. Post some pics here when you're done , also if you do spray it I took a tip off a empty spray paint can and used it instead of the one that comes on the plasti dip can. Comes out much better and smoother with more coverage.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Also I pulled off taillights today sanded them down with a couple coats of vht and clear coat, makes it pop with the gloss rims and matte black finish.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Canary2323 said:
Also I pulled off taillights today sanded them down with a couple coats of vht and clear coat, makes it pop with the gloss rims and matte black finish.

Mine have been tinted since last year, but it looks like it's slowly faded. I swear it was darker when I first did it. Wondering if that is a common occurrence with VHT.

On that note, originally before thinking about other colors we where going to do the TB matte black with a bright green for the accent color. But after seeing every "Monster" wanna be truck out there with black and green, I'm now thinking fluorescent orange.

So I gave it a whirl with the Blaze Orange on a set of extra springs I have. The color is pretty awesome against the matte black. I'm sure plasti dip won't survive on these kinds of parts so I'll probably end up powder coating them. But it's freaking bright!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
mikekey said:
Mine have been tinted since last year, but it looks like it's slowly faded. I swear it was darker when I first did it. Wondering if that is a common occurrence with vht...

Did you clear them???

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Ordered parts for drop kit today, can't wait. Any idea of what should cost to have drop kit put in? Any one have suggestions for shop in ri or Ct?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
DIY :biggrin:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I would say $200-$300 to have a shop install. Luckily I had help with forum member on both of my previous installs. then you'll need an alignment.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Think I need to call up dipyourcar.com, I ordered two gallons a week and a half ago, with nothing. Kind of disappointing considering how quickly they shipped my cans.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
jrSS said:
I would say $200-$300 to have a shop install. Luckily I had help with forum member on both of my previous installs. then you'll need an alignment.

Ok that's not bad, can wait to she my truck finally dropped.

trailblazin06

Jan 6, 2013
How much plastidip did it take to do the trailblazer

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Found some good black gmc envoy leather seats to switch out mine, are they plug abs play compatible? Any modifying? Also trying to switch over to lighted turn signals, anything else people take from envoy to fit in tb?

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Turn signals are plug n play as far as the seats you can mount them but if you don't have heated seats you mght have to run a connection to them but I would just bolt them up and done with them. Who needs heated seats unless people drive with no clothes on lol. I have heated seats but never use it.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
TexazReece said:
Turn signals are plug n play as far as the seats you can mount them but if you don't have heated seats you mght have to run a connection to them but I would just bolt them up and done with them. Who needs heated seats unless people drive with no clothes on lol. I have heated seats but never use it.
It's definitely nice to have heated seats during new England winters, probably not as much in Texas haha. You know if it matters if there 03 envoy seats and I have 06 trailblazer?

- - - Updated - - -

TexazReece said:
It's definitely nice to have heated seats during new England winters, probably not as much in Texas haha. You know if it matters if there 03 envoy seats and I have 06 trailblazer?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
TexazReece said:

I love my heated seats, they great in winter time...

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Until you smell something burning and realize its your a$$! :eek:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online

No members online now.