Small lift for my 9-7x?

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
Alright, I know this is kind of an old topic. But I'm looking for a very small lift on my 9-7x. It's got some doner TB Springs in back, but it's pretty awkward up front. Would a matched set of quickstruts work to level it out? I know that a user on here has a really nice one of these with bull bar, with lights. I also would like some skid plates for my oil pan and transmission if that's doable. I've goten hung-up on some decent sized rocks and would prefer to not have to endure that again. I just spent $750 on new tires, so I don't want to get new ones.

Love to hear everyone's thoughts.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
MDB Fab is the only skidplate option unless you build your own. High quality stuff.

I am not sure if quickstruts would level, but I do think if you got ahold of MarkMC, he may sell you just the pieces of the front lift you need to level.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Not sure how big of tires you have but I have 255/70R/16's with Mark's 2.5" lift. I emailed him one day and we ended up chatting on the phone for about an hour going over lifts. I didn't want a big lift and was debating just a front, like in your situation. Mark ended up talking me into a 2.5" kit and I couldn't be happier. Everything looks proportionate and his lifts are high quality.
Ryan

Reactions: Blckshdw

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
Since I have the factory TB springs in the rear, I think I'd be satisfied with just doing factory TB/Voy springs and shocks up front.

In terms of the skid plates, I've got some friends that can help me out with the fab. I don't want to have to take the plate off at EVERY oil change though. I drive around 2900k miles a month, so I change my oil once a month rather than when the oil life indicator tells me to. I trust myself more than I trust a computer.

Tires are 255/55/18 Yokohama Geolanders.

Let me get the TB shocks and springs mounted in front, then I'll see how I like it. If I think it needs to go up, it will. If the woman allows, of course.

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
If you decide to go up a bit more, Rough Country has their leveling kit on for 89.95 and free shipping... hard to beat that. Mine just came the other day so I haven't got it on yet to give any real feedback (of course being in Canada, final price was over $200)

smt 59

Just replacing the struts and springs will not level the front, you can add spacers from suspension Maxx if you are just using the truck as your daily ride from Summit racing. If you go directly to a spring shop they will have springs that will raise the front but remember that when you raise the front it will lower the rear and will require spacers there as well, some shops have their own versions of lifts that are affordable.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Actually the springs for a TB are taller than the ones for the SAABs, so there will be a little bit of a lift there. With TB springs going into the rear adding the springs to the front will give it similar results.

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
I know the the TB springs and shocks will lift it to factory TB height. Like I said I refuse to buy new tires for it, or used. I've got the TB springs in back. I guess the word "level" has opened the floodgates to people talking about level kits. I want my truck at factory TB height and MAYBE, eventually a 1.5" lift.
Right now the Saab's rear juts up in the air BAD.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Maybe you and @AzTruckGuy can do a spring swap. He wants to drop and you want to lift.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online