Silverado 14, 15 owners, update/recall improveds trans

No Tyme

Original poster
Jun 23, 2015
Monroe County Michigan
I, like many, were deeply disgusted with the way the 6 speed trans in the new Silverados/Sierras were working... I read about a recall #01320... Here is what I posted on another site... FYI, not all are singing it praises.

My second day so far with the recall # 01320 and my transmission back to stock programming: so far I see a great deal of improvement... I want to continue to drive the truck before any final decision is made because my truck is back in the learning process. The shifts are not a tight as with the BB tune but the transmission is more predictable and shifts "as you would expect" it should shift; if that makes sense to everyone. I think the BB tune will quicken the shifts but for right now I want to evaluate this "update, recall" a bit longer... but up front a noticeable difference, and for the good.

No Tyme

Original poster
Jun 23, 2015
Monroe County Michigan
Well, on other forums, and one I support as a lifetime member, the results are mixed: That being said I wanted to share my experience with the recall and hopefully inform others about.
I have read that the software update does NOT change the engine or trans tuneing. I just happened to stop in to schedule an oil change and inquired about the "update". My dealer slid my truck right into for the oil change and recall.
Also, you will not get any info on this "recall" as it is known to GM dealers, because it is a software update. I have been told that only mandated updates from the federal government show up on the GM's owners website, so you must inquire at your dealer. I'm not sure but I don't think a letter will be sent out either.
My 14 is a very early build and was selected for the recall... and again since it is for the transfer case only 4 wheel drive models are effective.
If you are one with a 6 speed that don't like the indecisive shifts or clunk on downshifts try the update. again, JMO!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's a gamble for any early adopters that there will be issues and needed recalls/repairs/updates to smooth things out. Even the GMT360/370 had first year issues with the engine tune, fan issues and transmission requiring several updates.

Good info to pass along.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for sharing this. I will have to tell my buddy since he mentioned it on his 15.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online