Random thought..Pre Runner Envoy?

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
What up GMT Nation, been a while since I've posted on here, but something that's been on my mine for the longest, it's this: A Pre Runner Envoy. This thought came about a while ago when I was browsing vids on YouTube and thought hey, maybe this could be a long term thing for my truck. Especially since a pre runner is 2wd, which is why I haven't lifted my truck (2wd open diff). I figured if I got a locking diff, which I plan to get anyways, and got some long travel shocks or something? Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Sidenote: I just want to hear your opinion, I'm not coming for building advice.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The other distinctive thing about prerunners is LONG travel in the front. With the short control arms we have, you aren't able to get more than the 8-9 inches we already have. Although to soak up the bumps, there is now a superior coilover product being sold by Wheeler's Offroad in Grants Pass, OR. Check ORTB for a group buy that just went past, but which has a lot of testimonials about how they rock. $1000-1200 worth of investment, though.

The platform weighs far too much to be a serious prerunner, though.

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Oh yeah not serious, still daily driven. Just something different.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ever do anything with this? Seems you could make a decent looking mildly performing prerunner for a decent price.

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
Ever do anything with this? Seems you could make a decent looking mildly performing prerunner for a decent price.
Nah, I never acted on it. Actually getting lowering suspension products this month!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Another one bites the dust.....literally

Reactions: dmanns67 and jrSS

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
SS...OK...drop it like its hot

Reactions: jrSS

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member