Product Review: Pour n Restore Oil Stain Remover

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Those of you who saw my oil leak thread are familiar with the mess under my carport. In poking around online for some reviews on what might work, without requiring a ton of work, I came across an infomercial for Edgewater Industries' Pour 'n Restore Oil Stain Remover. That video had mixed reviews of course, so I looked up some user reviews that looked promising.

Turns out I could get it locally, so I scooped up a bottle, and documented my experience. Mind you, I'm no May03LT or ChrisFix, so I don't quite have the on camera personality those guys do... :tongue:

For the amount of effort involved compared to the price, this stuff is hard to beat. Definitely worth the investment. :twocents:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Nice :thumbsup:

I have a few oil stains I would like to take care of. Wonder if you used a high pressure, pressure washer on the concrete if that would get rid of the out line :undecided:

Nice video review though :yes:

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I just needed to use more water. I don't have a hose, so I just filled a bucket and sloshed it on there. Only downside is, if your oil spot is of a decent size, that whole bottle goes QUICK!!! I probably covered 75% of the stain by the time the bottle was empty. Used that scraper to spread it a little more thin to get coverage. It turned out awesome though.

Thanks man, I wanna be like Andrew when I grow up :wink:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Man when that got all chalky-like it was like you could see the oil in it. :eek:

Good job on the review. :thumbsup:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
nice review :thumbsup:
your on your way to being just like May03LT & ChrisFix.
i too wonder how well it would clean up w/ a hose or pressure washer.
got an oil spot on my driveway from my daughter's boyfriend's TB ( at least it is a TB)
will see if i can find that at my local Lowes. but way too f***ing cold around here to worry about it now.

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Thanks man. I dunno if I can get on those guys' level though. I was having a hard enough time keeping my phone pointed right, doing what I was supposed to do, and thinking of what to say all at the same time :crazy:

I'm sure if I had a hose, getting the rest of the residue off woulda been cake. The stuff is biodegradable, so I'm not worried about leaving that little bit there. Next time we get some rain, that should take care of it.

I was also considering buying Terminator HSD concrete cleaner. That stuff comes in powder form, but it's more of a time delay product that can take weeks to get final results depending on how bad the stain is. Plus couldn't find that stuff locally.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice job. If the pressure washer does not get my stains off in the spring i will definitely give this stuff a try.

Blckshdw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
FWIW looks like Ace Hardware and True Value stores also carry it, in the 16oz, 32oz and 1 gallon bottles depending on location.

Reactions: fletch09

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online

No members online now.