Atlanta, GA

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: BlazingTrails

02Olds

Dec 29, 2012
I'd like to change my submission to this one. I can finally drive again, now that I'm cleared by my surgeon, so I got out and took some pictures! This is taken on the edge of Lake Erie, the only place in the Eastern United States, where you can watch a sunset over a large body of water.

2980D1F1-53CE-4B8C-A94C-5848AF0F6094_zpsfvajnhr8.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
So which pic are you submitting?

Reactions: dmanns67

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Was going to say the rear. Now I did. Feels like I just arrived :yes:

Reactions: dmanns67

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Just one piece of advice about style for everyone - when we're evaluating pictures for calendar shots on ORTB, we look at every pixel. Not only does the TRUCK have to have the expected appearance, but (almost more important) the BACKGROUNDS need to be composed with some eye for style and distractions.

Posing in front of a telephone pole that looks like it's growing out of the truck, a background that changes patterns (brick to plank, sand to rock, and so forth) or being photobombed by a boat on a lake that you could have waited 30 seconds to let it get out of the frame - all those things are what separates a snapshot from a stylish composition. And that's what this contest was about, as I understood it.

Just some advice to bring everybody's submissions to that calendar-worthy level.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
The_Roadie said:
Just one piece of advice about style for everyone - when we're evaluating pictures for calendar shots on ORTB, we look at every pixel. Not only does the TRUCK have to have the expected appearance, but (almost more important) the BACKGROUNDS need to be composed with some eye for style and distractions.

Posing in front of a telephone pole that looks like it's growing out of the truck, a background that changes patterns (brick to plank, sand to rock, and so forth) or being photobombed by a boat on a lake that you could have waited 30 seconds to let it get out of the frame - all those things are what separates a snapshot from a stylish composition. And that's what this contest was about, as I understood it.

Just some advice to bring everybody's submissions to that calendar-worthy level.
I agree 100%[emoji41]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online