photo contest #21

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Test your photo skills with GMTNations member photo contest!
Submit your best picture that falls under the guidelines of the chosen topic and the agreed upon rules.

topic

fr34kout said:
Some kind of picture showing your truck being worked on in the most extreme way possible. For this contest only, no limit of the picture being 2 months old. That way anyone who has done some extensive work to their truck could show it disassembled and not just recently. Maybe you did an engine swap, or had the whole interior out, or had body panels off and an axle on the ground. that's the pictures I want to see.

Deadline; july 26 at :11.59 pm

Rules:
-Each entry must be a picture taken by your hand or another GMTNation member, unless you are in the picture or driving the vehicle. Only then may it be by someone else's hand.

-Please, no one else's pictures.

-Must be of your vehicle (a General Motors Truck).

-No pics older than 2 months. (This is to get people to get out, have some fun and take some pictures.)

-One entry per member. Members may change their entry and submit a different picture, but may only enter one picture in total. When changing your entry make sure to include Final Entry in that post, or the first picture you posted will be used.

-No post production modding to the image in this contest, resizing and/or cropping the image, etc, is acceptable.

-At the end of the 2 week period all images will be included into a poll topic with the GMTNation public deciding upon the winner.

Good luck, and have fun!..:thumbsup:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Here's the pic I wanted to post, sort of showing the direction I wanted for this contest lol.

IMGP0730.jpg

Ripped out the whole interior 2 weeks after I bought the truck to fully sound deaden it and run wires for my sounds. But I'd love to see other pictures of what crazy things other people have done to their trucks. Engine bays with no engine, dropped trannies, full suspension (lift, drop, bags, it don't matter), custom body work (shaved, body kits), had the dash out to work on the AC or replace that darn wheel position sensor, replaced a wheel bearing, etc etc.

Can't wait to see what people post up this time. Good luck everyone!

Edit: If you know someone who doesn't normally post in here but has some good pics, send them a PM! *cough* ConeKiller *cough*

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Im trying to decide between these 3 lol
Pretty much the only "extensive" work done to my voy hahaha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 26

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Ryda55555 said:
Im trying to decide between these 3 lol
Pretty much the only "extensive" work done to my voy hahaha

They all look like it is in a chop shop.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
I say 1 or 3 lol. 2 would be better if it was still on jack stands with the wheels scattered all over haha

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fr34kout said:
I say 1 or 3 lol. 2 would be better if it was still on jack stands with the wheels scattered all over haha

Yea, didnt think i'd ever need to put a pic like this in a contest lol
The other side still had all the tools and jack and stands :rotfl:

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
hmmmm ain't been on the site in a while, mostly on the facebook page, but this seems up my alley.....hmmmm now which pic to post....i think this is about as far apart as you can get.....lol
w8qdqp.jpg

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
GotAir? said:
hmmmm ain't been on the site in a while, mostly on the facebook page, but this seems up my alley.....hmmmm now which pic to post....i think this is about as far apart as you can get.....lol
w8qdqp.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think I'm gonna sit this one out. My goodness bro.

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Hahaha i think its contest over, gunna be very very VERY hard to compete with that

haha, sorry? don't make me stop you guys from posting pics, i'll find something more recent and less drastic, that way theres a little better competition, i'm not here to win, i'm here for the fun of it, and obviously customizing cars, so please guys post pics. gimme a sec to dig thru my phone and see what i've tore apart thats not as drastic and a little more recent and post somethin up, that can be the contest pic once i find something. lol

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
heres a couple more recent and less drastic, lol, doesn't matter to me, choose which one you guys would like, one is right before she went in for clear coat after the new paint, and the other is when i broke a front lower control arm in half and had to rip all the front suspension down to get it rebuilt properly.
2zs5svn.jpg

xgjr6x.jpg

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Damn Pat, I love seeing that pic of the suspension, but I think the spirit of the contest is in that first pic you posted. Exactly what I wanted to see from the guys that went crazy on their trucks lol. Maybe we can get David to post a good tear down pic of his truck too.

Edit: Read your second post wrong, at first I thought it said you broke the UCA. Then I looked at the pic again and was guna ask you where the fuck you mounted your shock to before I reread that the LCA broke hahaha.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
May need to rename this photo contest... Your GMT in the Chop Shop.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Just found this one, i think this might be final entry for me because it has the most going on :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 20

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Ryda, much better! And Cone I actually like the turbo picture better haha, but the intercooler shown also lets you know what's up. Hard to pick between those two.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
2013-02-08133743_zps993bf468.jpg
For whatever reason I did not get a picture of the entire truck completely gutted. I think its because as I was taking everything apart I was also putting stuff back in and getting it done for a show lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Trying to free it to fix the tie rod

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
How about some competition for GotAir lol... body off engine swap...

imagejpeg_2_17.jpg

imagejpeg_2_16.jpg

imagejpeg_2_3_zps4eb6a6a7.jpg

Which one do you guys think for a final place holder?

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Boricua SS said:

imagejpeg_2_17.jpg

imagejpeg_2_16.jpg

I forgot about this!
This is gunna be a crazy photo contest lol
Fr34kout i think your win streak is over :rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
I forgot about this!

Lol... one thing is for sure... the photo contest in general has definitely been brought back to life these last 4 months

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Boricua SS said:
Lol... one thing is for sure... the photo contest in general has definitely been brought back to life these last 4 months

Big ed is probably kicking himself now that theres so many entries lol

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
matting26.jpg

Dang, there are some killer pics in this thread! I can't hang with some of the things already posted but here's mine minus the carpet and console.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Boricua SS said:

imagejpeg_2_16.jpg

That's a first view of it's kind for me. Definition of a "truck" right there. Always heard body had to come off for certain things and now I see it. I don't want to have to do that ever on this! Lol

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
That's a first view of it's kind for me. Definition of a "truck" right there. Always heard body had to come off for certain things and now I see it. I don't want to have to do that ever on this! Lol

And just think, I've gone through this 3 times with 4 different motors all In one year lol... if this doesn't tell people I love my SS, then I don't know what else can :rotfl:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Boricua SS said:
And just think, I've gone through this 3 times with 4 different motors all In one year lol... if this doesn't tell people I love my SS, then I don't know what else can :rotfl:

Thats crazy.... I would love to throw my envoy body on the ss frame one day but the cost is whats scaring me
I guess i'll just stick to the turbo build hahaha

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Boricua SS said:

Remind us all how you went through so many motors as an intro when you find your shot and enter! Lol. Idk man, I might've had to bite to bullet on an upgrade after the SECOND BLOWN MOTOR? lol. Hope the crate is everything it should be...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
Remind us all how you went through so many motors as an intro when you find your shot and enter! Lol. Idk man, I might've had to bite to bullet on an upgrade after the SECOND BLOWN MOTOR? lol. Hope the crate is everything it should be...

Oh the threads are on here lol... to sum it all up, they were supplied with reman'd motors instead of brand new crate motors... after a year of fighting, we finally got the crate motor...

And I will be biting the bullet if there is anything wrong with this crate motor..financially, I don't have a choice but to let it go (meaning sellin/tradin her in)... its all warranty work and that's why I've put up with it so long

I'm thinkin pic number 2 as my entry, but I'll figure it out before the 26th...

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Boricua SS said:
Oh the threads are on here lol... to sum it all up, they were supplied with reman'd motors instead of brand new crate motors... after a year of fighting, we finally got the crate motor...

And I will be biting the bullet if there is anything wrong with this crate motor..financially, I don't have a choice but to let it go (meaning sellin/tradin her in)... its all warranty work and that's why I've put up with it so long

I'm thinkin pic number 2 as my entry, but I'll figure it out before the 26th...
I like pic 2

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
I forgot about this!

I'm just glad you guys liked my pictures and chose me as the winner twice in a row. I'd rather see these cool ass pictures of different projects people have done to their trucks than be worried about winning lol. I gotta say Hardtrail's was probably the worst situation to be in out of all these pics. Everyone else was working on it in their garage or a shop, he got stuck in the middle of a mud pit with a broken tie rod! That definitely qualifies as worst place to work on your truck hahaha

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
Boricua SS said:

imagejpeg_2_17.jpg

imagejpeg_2_16.jpg

i see your engine swap and raise you a frame swap! hahaha

mh59oo.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online