photo contest #18

ZOOMDWEEBEE

Apr 4, 2012
Porkins said:
Since we are having a larger turnout already, maybe we should just do it this way for awhile?:twocents:

I have wanted to participate in these contest's for awhile.. but was unable to find most place's yall wanted the pic's to be placed in.. if it does come to this type of format i would gladly put my little ol'e 02 tp in some more contest's. :thumbsup:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I cant find anyone I trust to smoke tires while I snap a picture....SS love problems:no:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Even with the recent bumper damage my truck has I'm still trying to get into this.............I must say this will be one interesting contest sooooo many good pics. I think this one will end in a tie lol.

02Olds

Dec 29, 2012

Attachments

• Jack's Jump 4.jpg
    Jack's Jump 4.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Jack's Jump.jpg
    Jack's Jump.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Jack's Jump 7.jpg
    Jack's Jump 7.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 149

WishinforanSS

Jun 13, 2012
99C3BF6A-A70D-46D7-8DB8-3E6DD77BDA9B-7568-0000073EBAD8C35E.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
I cant find anyone I trust to smoke tires while I snap a picture....SS love problems:no:

I got you bro! :thumbsup: lol

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Porkins said:
Since we are having a larger turnout already, maybe we should just do it this way for awhile?:twocents:

because of the turn out I thought about this too, but with a new topic everytime. it force's you to be creative and find a curtain spot to take a fresh new pic every few weeks. so although the turn out is much better now, I still like topic's..:twocents:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
big ed said:
because of the turn out I thought about this too, but with a new topic everytime. it force's you to be creative and find a curtain spot to take a fresh new pic every few weeks. so although the turn out is much better now, I still like topic's..:twocents:

It may be a bit of a PITA but what about doing 2 or 3 topics and choosing winners for each? Those winners would pick the new topics obviously, just like they do now.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
big ed said:
I'm open to how ever you all want it...:yes:

maybe put up a poll????

I think the poll would be the safest route :thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Why all of a sudden are we talking about polls and considering making changes to the photo contest thread? Whats wrong with the way it is? Pick a theme and those that want to participate find their best location, take the pic, post it, do the vote and someone wins. Finding the perfect spot and taking the pics is what makes this fun. This is great and gets people out to take pics that are truly taken for the contest. The part of the current contest that I don't like is rule #4, even the way its written doesn't make sense, how are you getting more people out to take pics when they can just sit on the couch and pick one that's up to 6 months old.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the current "open theme", but it probably is more popular because no props are needed and I wonder how many people are using rule #4? I think the voting on so many pics will prove to be interesting.

If we're not having any themes anymore we might as well just close this thread and submit random pictures in "Post a pic of your GMT right now" and do a monthly vote on the best pics submitted there.

The only change I'd like to see is get rid of rule #4.

:twocents:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Agreed

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
big ed said:

:iagree:
i know i've missed some before because of the topic. but i still like the idea of one topic per contest.

02Olds

Dec 29, 2012
Maybe we could do the photo contest as normal and then do Truck of the Month like SS's site?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
02Olds said:
Maybe we could do the photo contest as normal and then do Truck of the Month like SS's site?

would be nice to have that, you can win once a year as a rule and the winner gets there truck on the top banner. I would love to see that top white spot fill up a bit rather then stay white. Truck of the month isn't a bad idea for it!

Prob with these photo contest some topics are too hard for people to take a photo with, this topic makes it easy but still creative so you can win

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Denali n DOO said:
Why all of a sudden are we talking about polls and considering making changes to the photo contest thread? Whats wrong with the way it is? Pick a theme and those that want to participate find their best location, take the pic, post it, do the vote and someone wins. Finding the perfect spot and taking the pics is what makes this fun. This is great and gets people out to take pics that are truly taken for the contest. The part of the current contest that I don't like is rule #4, even the way its written doesn't make sense, how are you getting more people out to take pics when they can just sit on the couch and pick one that's up to 6 months old.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the current "open theme", but it probably is more popular because no props are needed and I wonder how many people are using rule #4? I think the voting on so many pics will prove to be interesting.

If we're not having any themes anymore we might as well just close this thread and submit random pictures in "Post a pic of your GMT right now" and do a monthly vote on the best pics submitted there.

The only change I'd like to see is get rid of rule #4.

:twocents:

:iagree: Except about the rule 4 thing. I think the rule 4 needs to be modified to say that "no pics will be accepted that are older than 1 month". The purpose of the rule is obvious, get people out of their house, and to actually make an effort for the theme. Can everyone participate when the theme is "Your GMT buried in the snow"? No, but that's the point, it opens the platform up to other posters, and potentially, new winners, and also means that the person posting the pic, had to make a concerted effort to actually set the picture up, pose, wipe the mud off the hood, and snap the pic.

Just saying..

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I do like the themes at times, but I feel it holds entries back. Not all members have the time like others, alot of them have busy families & work lifes. I was just throwing my :twocents: we do it without a theme for a awhile because we already have 20+ entries so far, over are normal 2-6 entries.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
TollKeeper said:
:iagree: Except about the rule 4 thing. I think the rule 4 needs to be modified to say that "no pics will be accepted that are older than 1 month". The purpose of the rule is obvious, get people out of their house, and to actually make an effort for the theme. Can everyone participate when the theme is "Your GMT buried in the snow"? No, but that's the point, it opens the platform up to other posters, and potentially, new winners, and also means that the person posting the pic, had to make a concerted effort to actually set the picture up, pose, wipe the mud off the hood, and snap the pic.

Just saying..

i would say cut it to 3 months. the six month stipulation, IIRC, was from the old sight, where this contest really started.
for my self, i'm always looking for an unique spot/shot just in case a topic comes up in the near future.
and just an fyi, for those who care, my pic was taken in Feb. the first really big snow of the season for chicago area.

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
ok, rule #4 (starting next contest) will be 2 month's. rule #4 as mark (fletch09) stated was brought from the original contest started on the OS, although (yes) it's a contradiction, no one said anything about it until now, besides there's no way to prove it anyway. I've always said this is everyone's contest, ran by everyone agreeing how it will go...:cool:..as for topic's I see we all have pro's and con's on this, contest #18's topic has opened the door, anyone can choose it again when they win. so really this go's back to the same thing, the winner chooses a topic, if he or she chooses there is no stipulations, that is the winners choice and how it should be...:twocents:

this is supposed to be fun, take a few pic's, submit them, and see what happens...:biggrin:

ZOOMDWEEBEE

Apr 4, 2012
so then if i have this right.. 1st place get's to chose the next topic.. and 2nd is the 1st looser?? :rotfl::raspberry: just checking!

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
yep, I got to pick a topic before as well

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
big ed said:
as for topic's I see we all have pro's and con's on this, contest #18's topic has opened the door, anyone can choose it again when they win. so really this go's back to the same thing, the winner chooses a topic, if he or she chooses there is no stipulations, that is the winners choice and how it should be...:twocents:

Brilliant solution Ed :biggrin:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Final entry....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365962851129.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365962851129.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 26

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Camping and snow, perfect together.

Attachments

• 2013-03-16 13.41.55.jpg
    2013-03-16 13.41.55.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 17

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Didn't really want to do the placeholder thing, and this isn't the shot I was hoping for, but my forecasts are a little iffy for the next day or two. For now, here's mine:

View attachment 27475

Look close and you can see my other camera finishing a shot on the tripod for (hopefully) another startrails long exposure and timelapse video

Attachments

• _DSC2108_full_GMT.jpg
    _DSC2108_full_GMT.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 47

Boog2006

Dec 3, 2011
WarGawd said:
Didn't really want to do the placeholder thing, and this isn't the shot I was hoping for, but my forecasts are a little iffy for the next day or two. For now, here's mine:

View attachment 13725

Look close and you can see my other camera finishing a shot on the tripod for (hopefully) another startrails long exposure and timelapse video

It's a unicorn!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well I bought a Nikon D3100 SLR today sooooo Im going to try to get some sunset precipitation storm should be passed and just leave orange clouds everywhere for susnet

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online