PCMFORLESS tune done!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
So I finally got my tune installed today with 2nd level shift and must say I can already feel the difference!

She started up a bit hesitant but second time around just like a champ! Took her for a quick spin and almost immediately can feel the throttle response difference!

Tomorrow I'm due for A TB clean up and install the new heavy duty battery cables from PCMFORLESS just to make sure nothing is standing in my way for max performance lol!

After that just gotta run some few hundred miles so the new PCM learns its way!

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go for a little ride :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats. I love my tune.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks guys! Took my TB for a wash. My wife and daughter are still away so I got 2 more weeks for modding

Brush guard, in channel visors, need to get new running boards though I hate em but it's hard not to have them with a wife and 4 month daughter, retrofit projectors instead of the cheap ones that came with my aftermarket headlights, need to get me some bilstein HDs if I can find them here. There's a kyb dealer so that's a plan B, and whole lot more :s

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
fadyasha said:
Thanks guys! Took my TB for a wash. My wife and daughter are still away so I got 2 more weeks for modding

Brush guard, in channel visors, need to get new running boards though I hate em but it's hard not to have them with a wife and 4 month daughter, retrofit projectors instead of the cheap ones that came with my aftermarket headlights, need to get me some bilstein HDs if I can find them here. There's a kyb dealer so that's a plan B, and whole lot more :s

Nice which one did you go with!! I just got my retune with a few changes and love it. As for the wife away, they do watch you like a hawk and unfortunately the excuse for better gas mileage doesn't work for too long.:rotfl: I can't wait til mine goes back to work so I can start mine.:biggrin:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
07Blazerman said:
Nice which one did you go with!! I just got my retune with a few changes and love it. As for the wife away, they do watch you like a hawk and unfortunately the excuse for better gas mileage doesn't work for too long.:rotfl: I can't wait til mine goes back to work so I can start mine.:biggrin:

haha! got the 2nd level shifting one, Rev at tuners choice with resonator delete, K&N (got the filter but need the intake lol)! I must say i'm enjoying it!

Tomorrow i'm due for the case relearn to complete the process :wootwoot:

Guenther

Dec 7, 2011
Just put my PCM in the mail today. I'm going with shift firmness 1 instead of 2 because I've read a couple people thought 2 was pretty harsh. I don't want to make it "jerky" by any means and keep it smooth. Kelly at PCMFL has been very helpful with all my questions (especially on towing) via e-mail even though they are closed until next week. I can't wait to get it back!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
+1 for PCMforLESS... love my tune...

be careful driving around without the CASE relearn done yet... dont gun it often... just drive it normally and get that relearn done as soon as possible

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Guenther said:
Just put my PCM in the mail today. I'm going with shift firmness 1 instead of 2 because I've read a couple people thought 2 was pretty harsh. I don't want to make it "jerky" by any means and keep it smooth. Kelly at PCMFL has been very helpful with all my questions (especially on towing) via e-mail even though they are closed until next week. I can't wait to get it back!

I had that debate myself but eventually decided to go with 2 and to tell you the truth it wasn't jerky at all :thumbsup:

Boricua SS said:
+1 for PCMforLESS... love my tune...

be careful driving around without the CASE relearn done yet... dont gun it often... just drive it normally and get that relearn done as soon as possible

oops lol! I'm getting it done today hopefully after work and thanks for the headsup

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Went 2 months without case relearn. No ill effects.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Good to know lol! Just got it done to at one of the shops, charged me about $40 for it lol!

I am facing one thing though. For some reason my tb wouldn't take the vin As the same and read it differently. Kelly confirmed it was done, so sent it back and they disabled the VAT at my request because was just too costly taking the risk again and shipping costs $ 50.

Anyways the result is the car runs perfectly fine but the security light is on at all times. Any idea? Could it be the BCM?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Is it normal to feel that my TB went back to stock after the case relearn?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fadyasha said:
Is it normal to feel that my TB went back to stock after the case relearn?

If they reflashed it instead of the relearn, you lost your tune.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Nope it was a relearn I'm sure, I had my head over his tech 2 the whole time trying to figure y was gonna be charged $ 40 lol

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Loool! Don't worry I saw the result case learned in the end haha!

Any ideas on the security light part?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fadyasha said:
Loool! Don't worry I saw the result case learned in the end haha!

Any ideas on the security light part?

did you do the security relearn per the instructions that came with your newly tuned computers? or were they your stock computers and you mailed them to PCM while your truck sat, and then re-installed your original computers with the new tune?

nbenjamin

Dec 7, 2011
Guenther said:

was thinking about doing it for the towing ? what things did he suggest as far as towing goes ? and what is the relearn you guys are talking about . any details on relearn ?

Guenther

Dec 7, 2011
nbenjamin said:
was thinking about doing it for the towing ? what things did he suggest as far as towing goes ? and what is the relearn you guys are talking about . any details on relearn ?

I would call and ask about the towing. I'm still on the fence for towing and going to call them on Tuesday to talk live. If you get a PCM that wasn't factory installed in your TV then it needs to be learned/relearned to your vehicle by a Tech II or high end Snap-on programmer. If you just send them your PCM and wait for it to be sent back you don't have to do the relearn.

nbenjamin

Dec 7, 2011
Guenther said:
I would call and ask about the towing. I'm still on the fence for towing and going to call them on Tuesday to talk live. If you get a PCM that wasn't factory installed in your TV then it needs to be learned/relearned to your vehicle by a Tech II or high end Snap-on programmer. If you just send them your PCM and wait for it to be sent back you don't have to do the relearn.

I am really on the fence my self about a tune. I was thinking about just ordering one so i will still have my original. Guess have to call.
Or maybe they will see this thread amd jump in

Guenther

Dec 7, 2011
nbenjamin said:
I am really on the fence my self about a tune. I was thinking about just ordering one so i will still have my original. Guess have to call. Or maybe they will see this thread amd jump in

I wouldn't have any reservations about getting it done. I haven't read one post, and I've read hundreds, anywhere that someone didn't love it. I've read a few that said they were going to keep the loaner but ended up sending it back because there was no way there were going to go back to stock.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
did you do the security relearn per the instructions that came with your newly tuned computers? or were they your stock computers and you mailed them to PCM while your truck sat, and then re-installed your original computers with the new tune?

Hey there, the security was disabled so didn't need to do a security relearn. The reason for that is that first time around tried the security relearn but my TB wouldn't relearn.

Once turn key to on without running the security light never goes off, tried it for 3 days with the help of Kelly but no results so shipped it back and requested it be disabled.

So again thought may be the BCM needs a relearn do again turn to on position and waited the 11 minutes and more but light won't go off to move to step two.

Anyways the car starts and drives but the security light is stuck lol

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fadyasha said:
Hey there, the security was disabled so didn't need to do a security relearn. The reason for that is that first time around tried the security relearn but my TB wouldn't relearn.

Once turn key to on without running the security light never goes off, tried it for 3 days with the help of Kelly but no results so shipped it back and requested it be disabled.

So again thought may be the BCM needs a relearn do again turn to on position and waited the 11 minutes and more but light won't go off to move to step two.

Anyways the car starts and drives but the security light is stuck lol

well that just sucks!!! lol.. hope it works out for ya :thumbsup:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Ordered and paid for my tune but have to send in my PCM. With daughter home from college I need to figure when I can do that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online