Parts for the 'Beast' arrived today

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
The stereo system I am installing is going to be an absolute beast. My 4 new door speakers arrived today. I've already got the subs (2) 18" DC Audio XL M1's and box. The next warm day, I am sanding the speaker box (currently red) and painting it black. As soon as I find the right shade of pink, I'll order a vinyl bow tie decal to put on box. We have to remove a little of the webbing inside box and flush mount the subs so I can see over them. (I'm only 5'3 lol). Meanwhile, gotta get some 0 gauge speaker wire, a couple of adapters, a couple of extra batteries and an amp big enough to push these 'beasts', Since they cut out overtime at my job for the next couple of months, it's going to take longer than I wanted, but it WILL get done.

Also found this double din stereo I want to get :wink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 33

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's a badass box! Very nice. :yes:

Reactions: BowtieLady

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
That's a badass box! Very nice. :yes:
Thank you Blckshdw! Got a good deal on them used from someone who does a lot of bass competitions when he upgraded his system.
Contact HighVoltage, he's a member here and does a lot of vinyl work for us around here. He might be able to hook you up. :yes:
Thanks Mounce! I'll do that! I was typing this long response about a vinyl Decal I wanted to put on the rear glass and was thinking it may be a bit overboard. Then started thinking I wish I could think of something related to bass when a awesome idea hit me! I had to get on laptop and create it cause explaining it would not have done it justice. Now I have to decide on size and do i want it om speaker box or rear glass. Yay?? Nay?? Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions??

Geez! I got in a creative zone and lost an entire hour making that lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 33

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Glass about 6 inches.

Nice box you got there.

Reactions: Sib and BowtieLady

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Yeah I'm thinking glass too. Was thinking a lil bigger though..like most of back glass lol I just named my truck 'Bowties & Bass' I do believe lol
Ty! I can't wait to have it installed!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
HighVoltage makes good stuff. I have had a bunch..whole bunch..of his vinyl on my truck for my crazy ideas. He is working on something for me now I do believe.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I think the ringing in my ears just got louder just from looking at that sub setup. Nice looking receiver too.

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Lol @ ringing got louder. Seen a video on YouTube of a TB with same subs installed - the sheet metal on the roof looked like short little waves on choppy water and the window glass was flexing like the truck was breathing! It hits pretty so so now with just (2) MTX 12s in it, but these are gonna rattle the rafters!! Ty! The receiver will match 'Beauty & The Beast' lol There are 2 diff models of the receiver with different amp outputs. Waiting on my boy who installs for me to tell me which one I need lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
SnowBlazer said:
Lol Bowtie Lady knows how to make an appearance!! Looking forward to the build. *applause*
Agreed, nice to see a new member being so active on the forum and one who's into modding as well [emoji106]

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Thank you! Glad I found somewhere to share ideas and my excitement with others who have the same interest. This is my first actual mod, except for small minor things that you can simply purchase at the nearest auto zone and apply lol I've always had lots of ideas about my vehicles, but never actually applied them. luckily, I've got a hubby who will not only let me express my creativity, but will also help me by dismanteling my truck and carry the heavy stuff for me so I can do it myself. I probably won't take it to the level most of yall have, but I'm having an absolute blast doing it and seeing people's initial reaction to it, then their reaction when they asked me who did something and I proudly say, 'I did!' I swear I've had a couple of men say, ' but you're a girl?!' I always reply, 'yes, but I'm not like most girls.' Wink at them and walk away. Lol
Well off to work to make more money for more mods to 'Beauty' and parts for 'Beast'. My friend from back home (TN) found an adaptor for the 22" rims I fell in love with over a year ago but could never find them in my bolt pattern. Will post pic of them later.

Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
MarkMC is our pretty well go to vendor for stout fair priced adaptors

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
SnowBlazer said:
Lol Bowtie Lady knows how to make an appearance!! Looking forward to the build. *applause*
SnowBlazer, read your signature. I got these from Carid. They have 3m double sided tape, so I'm waiting til after I paint those ugly gray step pads before I put them on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
HARDTRAILZ said:
MarkMC is our pretty well go to vendor for stout fair priced adaptors
Awesome! I'll look into that after work and prepping speaker box. It's supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow and I'm hoping to have it prepped and ready to paint!

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
I want these rims. velocity 825 is their name. I want to paint the chrome spokes pink though lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Sib

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BowtieLady said:
...I probably won't take it to the level most of yall have...
:laugh: I think it's safe to say, a lot of the members around here, myself included, said something similar when first starting out with mods, and joining the forum. If you stick around and remain active long enough, even if it just means lurking and reading, rather than posting, you'll learn a lot of good information on a variety of mod types. That will result in ideas popping into your head, which will feed your mod bug (which apparently has a pretty good appetite already) and then the only question will be whether or not you can drop the money on the mod to get it done.

Given the mods you've listed so far... Let's just say, your mod bug will likely be sitting at the big bug table with the rest of ours, sooner than you think!! :2thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I swore mine would stay stock when I bought it... Oopsy!

At least you are embracing the mod life and seemingly making some nice choices, but I would paint the black the black spokes and leave the chrome cause they will reflect the pink all through the wheel.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I bought my 2nd modded :wink:

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
So my mod bug got a little overactive and got me a little overwhelmed trying to decide how to have my seat covers embroidered. First pic shows the cheap ones I bought to do until I can afford to either reupholster them or replace them with black vinyl.
2nd pic shows how I asked her to embroider a patch them. Don't laugh, I know it's not the best mock up job, I only used paint so there was a lot -too much- of copying and pasting lol. Afraid if we remove the gold thread it will leave huge holes that would eventually rip.
I got to thinking about it today while at work for the longest 14 hrs in history and wondered if I should t just stick with my first idea(3rd pic) of just a simple solid pink bow tie to cover the gold one..,,
I'm sorta leaning towards the 3rd pic and initial idea cause it's simple and looks cleaner and not so busy......I did email Her and told her not to embroider anything yet cause I was rethinking the design. She has a few more orders in front of me (probably purses and sweaters lol) so it's not a huge rush, but I gotta decide in the next couple of days.

Side note: hubby is installing rear door speakers tomorrow. Even though he had been adamant about not removing the door panels so I can paint them black, he offered to leave them off so I could paint them. I won that battle!! Lol Once I get it done he will have to take dash apart too so it won't look half-@ssed, so I'll probably win the war as well. :wink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Capote

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Any of those pics look pretty dang good to me! :tiphat:

I agree on the third pic though, having the Bowtie and Chevrolet on there would be pretty busy and also I really think the pink would look better than the gold, plus it'll match your theme color of pink.

BowtieLady

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Mounce said:
Any of those pics look pretty dang good to me! :tiphat:

I agree on the third pic though, having the Bowtie and Chevrolet on there would be pretty busy and also I really think the pink would look better than the gold, plus it'll match your theme color of pink.
:wink: I'm hoping these will stop my interior lights from reflecting back purple. (Somehow hubby replaced all the clear bulbs with 17" LEd strips)

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BowtieLady said:
...wondered if I should t just stick with my first idea(3rd pic) of just a simple solid pink bow tie to cover the gold one..,,
I'm sorta leaning towards the 3rd pic and initial idea cause it's simple and looks cleaner and not so busy...
I like the 3rd one too, matches your theme, and keeps it simple.

BowtieLady said:
Side note: hubby is installing rear door speakers tomorrow. Even though he had been adamant about not removing the door panels so I can paint them black, he offered to leave them off so I could paint them.

:undecided: The family that mods together, stays together?

BowtieLady said:
...hubby replaced all the clear bulbs with 17" LEd strips...
I approve of this mod (slightly biased) :cool:

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online