ok, I'm useless with the laptop and phone...can't post pics

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
Alright then.... I've had a few bevi's so I thought I'd ask for help now. I've tried to figure this out since the upgrade but can't. I haven't been able to post any pics, they around 2-4 mb size I think. When I use the attachment button it says they failed uploading? They pics are in my pics file in laptop. Also tried pressing image button and it ask for URL? I don't know what URL is. I never had issues before the upgrade. What am I doing wrong? Sorry guys I'm older n not very tech savvy at all...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Problem understood now - thanks jman423. The uploading error message is not helpful, but it should have said: "Quota of 50MB exceeded - delete pics or reduce their sizes to manage your available space"

1) If you hit the "My Media" button in the post editor, you can see what's already uploaded. Reducing picture sizes BEFORE uploading is a better tactic for the limited space we can offer regular members. Actually, it's a good tactic for everybody, even if they haven't hit their quota yet.

2) Premium Members get a hugely increased quota.

Sorry I didn't know where to look in the admin screens to see that this was the root cause - but it's certainly been touched upon before. My apologies.

Upvote 0

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Eastern NC
Hooray! Solution discovered!!!!!!

Quick question - open to anyone, not just admins......how do you delete photo's from you Gallery area? I must be completely missing the button.

Reactions: Mounce
Upvote 0

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
CaptainKD said:
Hooray! Solution discovered!!!!!!

Quick question - open to anyone, not just admins......how do you delete photo's from you Gallery area? I must be completely missing the button.
I believe I read you have to PM an admin/mod to have them delete any pics from your gallery.

Reactions: CaptainKD
Upvote 0

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Jman423 said:
You CAN delete your own gallery images... :ugh:
I see it now. Click on "image moderation". Gives you the choice to edit or delete a photo. Is that new? Don't remember seeing that before.

I could have sworn when we switched over to the new software and uploading images to the gallery, I seen a message that said admin/mods could only delete the pics with a request from the member :undecided:

Reactions: CaptainKD
Upvote 0

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
Well I apparently I have only used 759.37KB in my gallery (3pics). So you mean I have to delete those so I can have 50MB of pic posting in the forums? I wasn't able to post pics in forums before I ever posted any gallery pics.

Gallery " You have used 759.37KB of Unlimited (max per upload:16mb) What file types can I upload? "

Forums " You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 16MB) "

Any idea what happens to my account if I am switched to "premium supporter"? Will my picture posting settings be changed accordingly? Would I be able to post pics then?

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online