New Trailblazer Owner

Shojoro

Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Hi all,

I just got a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer this past week, with 74k miles. Looked around and found this place and all its good advice.

Figured I'd sign up and say hi.

I used to own a couple of Merkur XR4TIs that I had to fix, a lot, and did all the work myself. Bought a Subaru after I had to let the Merkurs go, and drove that until it was vandalized. That leads me to my first truck, the Trailblazer.

I've looked around, and already cleaned the throttle body from seeing the suggestions, and man was that nice and gunked up. Also had to replace the radiator, which was a bummer, but that's my luck. Every car I've owned has needed a major fix in the first month of ownership. I swear my next one will be new with warranty. Other than that, multiple mechanics have said my truck is really clean and well maintained. The carfax showed that the previous, and only other owner, did all the maintenance by the book at the dealer.

I'm running mpg calculations now to see what I'm getting.

So, anything to look forward to other than the next major maintenance at 100k miles? The truck runs, pulls, and drives smooth as butter.

Other than that, hi all. Nice to find a solid, informational, forum and group.

Reactions: CaptainKD

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Welcome to the Nation bud! :biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Indeed....welcome! There's absolutely no other place like GMTN, we've been told, by folks who also hang out at other forums for their other hobbies.

Of course, the platform you just bought into has a magnetic pull to **MODIFY ME** and it will whisper that to you in your dreams...while you're driving....while it's parked outside....***MODIFY ME!***...while you're in a mall.......while you're at a restaurant.....*****MODIFY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******

We're not all crazy.....it whispers.....all the time.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:iagree:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
RayGumm said:
*I hear stock TeeBees...*

The Sixth Mod

In theaters September 14
:rotfl: :crackup: :laugh:

Shojoro

Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Haha mods are off the plate, at least until stuff breaks or over 100k miles, which incidentially, is about when I'll be clear of all my debt, including the debt accrued fixing up the Subaru before it's untimely demise.

This truck is easily the best thing I've owned already, and I'm not just talking like an excited kid with a new toy. Just look at what I've owned and that feeling is understandable.

In my early car days, I couldn't stand trucks. I liked to hug the road and whip around abusing low center mass and grip. Now, I feel like a king of the road. Instead of being invisible in a small car, people gtfo my way in this truck. Few have the courage to play chicken with a tank lol.

I just hope it doesn't cost too much to keep running for a few years while I start being responsible with my money. The low miles are definitely one of the biggest reasons I jumped on it. Merkur #1 was 186k to 225k miles in my hands, #2 was a project I never worked on, and Subaru was 114k to 155k miles. This at 74k miles is the lowest miles of my cars. (Merkur #2 was unconfirmed 16k miles, I believe 116k more, they rolled over at 100k).

Performance thinking betrays an inline 6 as naturally balanced. Mods would make crazy.

May 5, 2013
welcome to the nation bro

Reactions: BlazingTrails

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
A 02 with only 74K is nice! Just remember with the major stuff you do now will make it last that much longer. This really is the best place to come to figure out the problems you come across.

Welcome!

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Welcome to the club!

Make sure your transfer case is done if it's 4x4. And your transmission fluid are the only things that come to mind.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Whelcome to the fray

Shojoro

Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
14.86 mpg. Not great, but not too bad considering I live on the peninsula of the bay area and commute to San Francisco. Only about 10 minutes of my 20-30 minute commute is highway, and even that is hilly.

I've also goosed it a few times. Thing is fast.

Looks like my gas budget will inflate by about 35%, but that's not too bad, and the truck is awesome.

I'll post pictures soon. Have to get a car wash first. White truck gets dirty easy.

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
Welcome....
This is an awesome site for help with any questions you might have.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsen

Members Online