New Phone Anticipation - Galaxy S3

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
the roadie said:
Verizon tried to thwart the use of PDANet starting a couple of years ago for cable tethering. I couldn't keep a connection up. Then FoxFi came out and whatever they did worked again. Then PDANet bought or merged with FoxFi and the combination works just fine again.

THEN Verizon got slapped with an FCC fine and had to allow WiFi apps back into the app store and quit charging their extortionist $20/mo for using a 4G phone as a WiFi hot spot due to a commitment they made (then conveniently forgot) when they bought the 4G spectrum.

Mobile hotspots for all: Verizon settles with FCC for $1.25M, must allow tethering apps | VentureBeat

There are, as always, footnotes.

:thumbsup: That's what I use with the laptop if I'm somewhere with no WIFI.

TollKeeper said:
I stated it wrong, not WIFI, But Hotpsot..

Got it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
the roadie said:
Have to admit that being grandfathered into TWO unlimited data plans on the pair of S3's is a load of worry off my mind. Just can't cheaply upgrade the phones ever again.

But why would I want to? What feature do any phones have that I don't already have? A frickin' PROJECTOR?

:biggrin:

Ooops.

Samsung unveils new Galaxy Beam smartphone / projector combo with dual core CPU -- Engadget

View attachment 8624

I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan also and I bet I pay less then anyone on here but problem is now to upgrade I HAVE to change which is very stupid on verizons part but whatever wont complain and just do it! I might be picking up that s3 tomorrow...will miss my iphone that is for sure! At least the new one comes out at least and then making the switch then :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan also and I bet I pay less then anyone on here but problem is now to upgrade I HAVE to change which is very stupid on verizons part but whatever wont complain and just do it! I might be picking up that s3 tomorrow...will miss my iphone that is for sure! At least the new one comes out at least and then making the switch then :biggrin:

I upgraded early so I could keep my grandfathered unlimited plan. Using a ton of data lately so I needed it.

Couple questions...How do you know you will miss your Iphone, when you may be getting a better phone tomorrow? What does your last sentence mean? Seems to be repetitious words, but I think you are indicating you will switch again to the new Iphone. Why would you downgrade from the s3 just because the new Iphone comes out?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I upgraded early so I could keep my grandfathered unlimited plan. Using a ton of data lately so I needed it.

Couple questions...How do you know you will miss your Iphone, when you may be getting a better phone tomorrow? What does your last sentence mean? Seems to be repetitious words, but I think you are indicating you will switch again to the new Iphone. Why would you downgrade from the s3 just because the new Iphone comes out?

Umm better is a overstatement! What's better to one isn't to another. So you can't say one is better then another! It's a preference idea and what you do with the phone and prefer it to do is what helps you decide. Also why are you so quick on the trigger to say I will be "downgrading" when I go with the new iPhone? Do you even know what it has or will do? No, so better to just wait and we can see what it has. Just sayin!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Apple Sucks

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
And people wonder why many forums have a prohibition against discussing politics and religion. :lipsrsealed:

IMHO, Apple fanboys are better off unsubscribing to threads discussing Android phones. We're not (for the most part) going to be open to change our minds. The benefits are too compelling. :raspberry:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Wow am I late to the party on this. I'm completely impartial having had Blackberries for years. Now we just went to Iphones at work and while it is like flying in a jet compared to riding a three legged horse as in the Blackberry, I like my wife's droid better mostly because it seems you can customize it and the screen is much larger. This week I just got the 64 gig Ipad with three gigs of data plan as well. I have been officially pushed in to everything i in the matter of three weeks. The difference is I own it but paid for none of it. The ipad is even monogrammed with my name. If it came out of my pocked, I'd have went with a bigger screen phone but the jury is still out on the Ipad. The only thing I can really say is that I can't believe a single Blackberry has been sold without duress in the last 3 years. Research in Motion is Canada's Eastman Kodak. I will cheer when Blackberry goes under for good.

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
RIM had a business model, and it worked for years - make it easy for the corporate IT world to support and the corporate world will buy them. Users don't get to vote. Apple had a business model and it continues to work: appeal to artistes and school kids and buy your loyalty early and they stay addicted.

In the spirit of full disclosure, my company makes chip testers and did very well for a while on testers used for various ICs inside Blackberries. We also make testers for ICs used in iOS and Android phones. So we don't CARE what kind of phone gets bought - just that LOTS of phones turn over every year and need new chips tested. Ka-ching!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Apple Sucks

Yeah good answer!! :uhno::uhno: too bad you can't state your reasons for your comment! I'm done talk about this subject! Enjoy your mini tablet!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah good answer!! :uhno::uhno: too bad you can't state your reasons for your comment! I'm done talk about this subject! Enjoy your mini tablet!

They have been stated. Sorry you cant take a joke.

I hope you are done. Tired of this thread having ijunk drug into it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
All I did was ask the roadie how the phone is so far and if its worth picking up lol that's all!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
The s3 looks pretty cool for sure! I am waiting for the new iphone to come out :yes: the new one is going to be crazy how much better it will be!

Third post in this thread you started with the i-fanboy shit.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Third post in this thread you started with the i-fanboy shit.

I'm just happy to not have a Blackberry. It's going to take a while for me to truly care one way or another. I feel like a Mexican that just crossed the border. Just happy to be here and all my equipment was free.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online