New Member Intro

ChukarFever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
Hey all, new to this forum but not new to the forums in general. I just dumped my 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon, which had the tranny go out at nearly 250k. Decided to upgrade to bigger and better things, so went with the 2005 Chevy Blazer LS 4x4. More room for two dog crates and gear for hunting trips. Really liking Chevy so far, as this is my first one. I mostly use my rigs for hunting, fishing and work and found this one with 119k miles but in otherwise great condition. From what I understand with regular and routine maintenance these rigs can go to 300k miles, which is great for me. And an intro isn't complete without proper introductory pictures, so here's the new ride. Might consider a lift kit and better tires for it, since a lot of my excursion involve off-roading.

IMG_2304_zps0abbf4d6.jpg

IMG_2303_zps84c34bfc.jpg

IMG_2305_zps80eec9d6.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 10

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Welcome.

Mandatory link, if you haven't heard of the "Great Jailbreak" and "TrailVoy," this link will give you some understanding on why those terms mean something around here. http://gmtnation.com/f5/welcome-gmtnation-com-heres-story-226/ The Great Jailbreak is seen by the founding members as a break to freedom from the oppression of information exchange and a constant suffocation under the ridiculous amount of ads on screen, and TrailVoy is the place they came from to found this site.

Traveling back there once in a while to dig up old information is a necessary evil, but with how many ads they display I'm sure I'm slowly bankrupting them. :rotfl: You'll notice we generally have only two. One banner up top, and one banner at the bottom, and that's the way it should be! Donation to the site is appreciated but not necessary for membership, and will not remove the ads which help cover the costs of running the site.

I'm sure you'll enjoy exploring, which I heartily suggest you do. You'll notice some "recurring themes" in the problem threads, like fan clutches going out, or an HVAC actuator taking a dump. It's spotting these kind of common problems that will give you a sixth sense, a mental radar so you know your vehicle and how it's functioning and can sometimes catch problems early enough not to be too much inconvenience, or before they cause any collateral damage. This is one of the secrets to that mystical 300k range. :yes:

If you do any modifications, or even any repair/replacement maintenance, let me tell you something about the community: we love pictures. It's not necessary, if you can't swing it or it's too much of a bother, don't worry about it. But I'm just putting that out there.... we love pictures of this kind of stuff. :thumbsup:

And I'll put this information out now before the eventual question comes up: If you don't have an OBD-II scan tool, but you DO have an Android-based phone, consider getting Torque Pro. It seems to be very popular around here, it's $5 for the Pro edition of the app and $10-20 for a bluetooth ELM327 on eBay (just get on there and search for ELM327), pretty much any of them that are Bluetooth and ELM327 will work it seems. For $25 or so, with this setup you get the functionality of a $150+ scan tool at least, and I can promise you if you're looking to get 300k out of this having a scan tool's going to crop up more than once with how many things the modern PCM can detect these days.

And hopefully this short speech has distracted you long enough for you not to notice I've moved your thread to Member Introductions. :crackup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Just a simple welcome from me :raspberry:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! For detailed Articles and stickies about lift accessories, and critical information what NOT to buy, you might also check out another site I started five years ago for the functional offroading crowd. (Folks who put on lifts just to go to the mall aren't well-embraced over there.) offroadtb.com

Besides the many discussions here about lifts and offroad tires, and the like.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome. That is a good looking truck you got yourself. Should be perfect for what you seem to want in a rig.

Jul 24, 2012
Welcome! Back in the day I had a Subaru 1800 GL wagon 4x4. I took that thing mudding with the big trucks.

Lost the muffler, but I made the trail.

Good choice on the Trailblazer!

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
ChukarFever said:
Thanks everyone! I'm liking this site a lot. Seems like a good group of people.

Glad to see you made the move! You won't be disappointed...

~recruiting is so much fun~ :wootwoot:

Chevy4ever

Mar 19, 2014
Welcome! That is a superb colour!

Love the head unit. That is on my wish list too.

paulcmartin

May 13, 2013
Welcome, take a minute to look around. You'll find people are pretty awesome and helpful here. I like the blue gmt, just like my first one

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation!!!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online