New Christmas present

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Hi everyone. Got myself a Christmas present and ordered the pioneer avh-5700 7" double din for the TB. Got it from sonic for 370.00 I have Bose and onstar neither which I care for so I was banking hard between the 5 dollar harness or the gmos-04 and finally ended up getting the -04 . Should be here on the 30th and I'll post pics of it before the new year. Next up id like to pull the Bose and run some fosgate speakers. She's coming along but slowly. next up will for sure be Tony's 2/3.5 drop kit for 825 and the polished 20x9 replicas :smile:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Pioneer is the Besssssst :yes:

nacho-libre.jpeg

Reactions: Capote

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
I read the same blazing. That's why I leaned so heavily to the avh-7005 . Then two weeks later the 2015 -7006 model came out so I pulled the trigger. Cannot wait

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just be aware that the GMOS units are not the most reliable. I've had two die on me and the third is currently giving me some alternator whine and the chimes are too low. There aren't too many choices out there. Tried PAC Audio and theirs use the speaker output instead of the pre-amp RCA's, which doesn't sound as good.

Just so you know, both of mine died after disconnecting the battery. Maybe the reconnection surge killed them.

Reactions: 07TrailyLS

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mine has been fine for 3 years (knock on wood).

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Ok guys I got her today and got her installed. Had a shipping mess up with the wiring harness so I went to auto zone and bought one for 12 dollars to work with for now. Running into one huge issue. Everything is hooked up at the harness switched power works like a charm. But I CANNOT get anything to come out of these speakers I have no idea what's up!!

charger22

Feb 2, 2014
You won't get sound because you have a harness that is not connecting to the Bose amp. Only way to get around it now is to wire the speakers to the harness directly. I wouldn't bother and bite the bullet for the right harness.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Did you use the amp turn on lead from the 5700 to turn on the bose amp? Some generic harnesses have an empty cavity where the turn on wire (pink in radio harness) is.

The sound might not be great without the low level inputs that the bose system uses but it should still be doing something.

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Hi guys I'm stupid went out there for 5 minutes and looked I didn't wire in the antenna switch to the switched positive. All is well looks and sounds beautiful. 2 and a half hour install wasn't too bad at all

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Hey guys got pics. I went to play a dvd tonight for the kids and only got audio. This is most likely because I didn't hook up the long green wire from my pioneer harness that said parking brake. So now I have to hook this up to a source that lets me run my DVD player while driving. Any ideas?? Also how the hell do I upload these pics

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I think you just tie the wire to ground. I'd have to look it up again but if the info isn't here it is out on the web and its very simple.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
There are adapters on ebay that will run the park brake sequence on the light green wire (on/off/on iirc) every time the deck is started up.

For posting pics you can use an image hosting site like photobucket or add pics as attachments.

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Day late and a dollar short but iv'e been busy working guys. got the adapter to watch DVD's and use the bluetooth dialpad while driving all figured out. if anyone wants to know it's called a double pulse adapter. bbuuuttttt anyway took the pic with my wifes canon eos 60D came out good. i have more but i wanna see how well this one posts before i do more :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_1993.JPG
    IMG_1993.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 19

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
yes, that it a bluetooth Mic. just to the left of the rear wiper switcj. It works very well might i add. dont have any pics of it but the screen tilts down and out to access the dvd slot.PLEASE dont mind the mcdonalds cups. its been freezing down here in san antonio all week and i have not cleaned her out. I probably have one of the cleanest trucks on the forum, see

Attachments

• IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Thanks may! Next month is the 2/3 lowering kit from tony. Then some 20" replicas.

Reactions: MAY03LT

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online