New Car

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
A nice new toy to play with. :thumbsup:

Reactions: mubai

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Thanks everyone! Took me a long time to finally pull the trigger on a new car. I finally got what I wanted out of a car: sporty, AWD, nice interior, gadgets, sunroof, fuel efficient (2.0 liter), and most importantly 0-60 in low 4's (360HP | 332 ft/lb | Turbo). With a tune I'm sure I can get it to the high 3's, but I'll wait until my factory warranty is done before I upgrade the ECU.

Reactions: ConeKilrAutoX

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
I would totally tow it there if I had a trailer! My cousin's kid turned 18 and he's ready to drive so I may give it to him for cheap, so then Ill just bring the AMG, if you guys still allow me to stay in your club. :smile:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pretty car

Reactions: mubai

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
I just need a little more bass in the car. I wonder if there's anyone on this forum within a 3 hour drive that could help me wire it up? Maybe someone in Delaware?

Reactions: dmanns67

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
MAY03LT is purty good with bass and such and he's in Delaware, might be others, he was just the first one I thought of. Idk if I'd go poking around on the electrical system of a brand new car though...actually I know I wouldn't lol.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Normally I would say it's pretty easy to do, but past experience tells me the electrical systems on the German cars are touchy... but putting a line output converter in line with the left and right channels in theory wouldn't hurt, I can say a total gut of the factory system is out of the question though considering most of the cars functions are probably integrated in some way with it. But just adding a sub or two, worst case scenerio, it'll blow up. Best case scenerio you get a little more rattle when the knob is turned right.

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
It has great sound quality from all 12 speakers, just need a bit more bass. Damn, i hope it doesnt blow up.lol.

Input signal and power from battery>amp. I cant see it being too difficult.

I dont listen to music on short drives because the engine/exhaust sounds pretty damn aggressive, which ends up as my music.

Reactions: Robbabob

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Haha I don't really know what I'm doing. If a drivers door module could potentially burn the car to the ground, any thing is possible I guess. But accounting the battery is of a decent size and the alternator has 40ish amps to spare, adding say a 2 channel 500 watt peak 200-300 watt rms total amp shouldn't affect anything. It just needs to be of the efficient class d technology is all. In theory the alternator should regulate the voltage so long as you don't exceed it's output I really can't see it harming anything. All this assuming you only want to add a little bass. [emoji13]

Reactions: mubai and Mounce

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Always wanted to see triple alternators in a mercedes. So we're talking 2 8s 4 15s and 2 10s, all sealed and being driven by 7000 watts rms right?

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Littleblazer and Mounce - you two are crazy. I would have to remove the back seats!

I stay within my rules. If the sound system is bigger than what MAY03LT had then I dont go near it. LOL!

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Hahaha. Only joking. Two 8s would serve very well. It doesn't take much to add in low end. The single 8 in the back of my trailblazer getting ~150rms does a good job of making music felt, even at highway speeds. Sometimes I wish it had a little more, but then I remember I'm broke and it sounds good the way it is. Personally I prefer everything to be crisp and tight over booming and loud. And what I have now sounds dam clear and pretty loud. Even with the tweeters on the floor. Having every thing match, I learned early on, makes it sound a lot better then having more than enough power, but speakers that can't take it. It may not be as loud, but you won't hurt anything that way. It's all relative to the person listening that day, but generally speaking, a matched system sounds better to me then an over powered system. But I'd imagine the factory system in a mercedes is pretty dam matched so it's as simple as adding a sub to your liking. The only major issue I see is if it has like an adaptive eq and adjusts using cabin microphones. Then the sub may throw that off.

Reactions: mubai and Mounce

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I've honestly never noticed a radio in a Mercedes Benz AMG :laugh: Exhaust is too sweet!

Nice ride. :thumbsup:

Reactions: dmanns67 and mubai

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
mubai said:
That's a nice ride! What year is the CL600?
Yours is soooo clean and badass!!! mines a 2003. I love the white body with that style rims...so intimidating!!!!

as for the radio and sub comments above. I recently took out the factory fiberoptic system and installed my own 15" sub enclosure, 1000 watt mono sub amp and 600 watt 4 channel amp to power door speakers. i found out, a lot of Bose speakers have weird ohm ratings and mine i believe were on 2 ohms. I took each old amp wire output for each speaker (+/-) and tapped to it the aftermarket amp feeds. our bateries are beaaassts haha. wiring schematics were a bit tricky to find but mine is older and i doubt they use fiber optic anymore so yours could be a HELL of a lot easier!!!! message me if you want any other info or help with what i had found or did.

CANT WAIT TO SEE MORE PICS AND SOME VIDEO OF THIS MEAN MACHINE!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online