Need expertise help on LGM/BCM problem

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Do you have a special account at GM at your workshop that makes it possible to update the Tech II or do you have another way in.

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Another way

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Ok so I'm one step closer to solve one of my problems.

You who have followed this thread maybe remember that I bought a new LGM from Canada and I was unable to program my RKE fobs, we thought then that I was sold a LGM with out the RKE option so I installed my old LGM.

Well so wrong we were, I bought 2 new GM RKE fobs from e-bay due to that my factory remotes had a poor range. When I received my key fobs I was not able to program them with my LGM and that made me thinking hmmmm ????

So Euro remotes will not program with US LGM
And US remotes will not program with Euro LGM

Today I reinstalled the US LGM and tried to program the new US remotes and voila it worked. As you can see on attached picture the remotes are made for different markets, fuck General Motors.

So did I get the horn to chirp and lights to flash with my US LGM and US RKE fobs when I push the lock or unlock button..................... fuck NOOOO!!!

I guess I need a US BCM too if I'm gonna get this to work as the way I want to.

Any of you guys out there interested in trying to help me find a US BCM from a fully loaded TraiVoy, I can't get them here in Sweden they are all piece of crap Euro style BCM's.
The BCM I'm interested in have to have all the bells and whistles when it comes to the option list ok?

Attachments

• 20150306_154434.jpg
    20150306_154434.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 21

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately, I can't help with the BCM at the moment but I may have an explanation about the different RKE's.

I don't think it's GM's fault. It is most likely the assignment of radio frequencies in different countries/areas that is the cause. Whatever frequency that is used in North America is likely different than what is used in Europe because the NA freq. is assigned to something else in Europe. It is quite possible that the US RKE's may interfere with something else in Europe.

Reactions: MAY03LT

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Yes sir I totally understand that it might be different rules about radio frequencies in different country's, but why the change on how the vehicle response when you hit the lock unlock button.

All the other car manufactures selling cars in Sweden have at least the turn signal flashes when you lock unlock your vehicle, that is GM's fault in my book for having different setups depending on what country they are selling in.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hang on...

You can tell the vehicle how you want it to respond to the lock and unlock commands. You can have them set to do nothing but lock, flash lights, flash lights and honk horn. I have mine set to flash lights but not honk (unless I hit lock a second time, then it does a single horn chirp).

The info how to do this is not in the manual... I found it listed somewhere else on the old site I think. I'm looking for it.

Reactions: Mounce

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Sparky said:
Hang on...

You can tell the vehicle how you want it to respond to the lock and unlock commands. You can have them set to do nothing but lock, flash lights, flash lights and honk horn. I have mine set to flash lights but not honk (unless I hit lock a second time, then it does a single horn chirp).

The info how to do this is not in the manual... I found it listed somewhere else on the old site I think. I'm looking for it.
Mounce said:
Right, if you have DIC, Swede, the flash/horn honk options are configurable through it.
My friends, please don't disrespect me with things I already know and tried. If you read my first post in this thread, you can read this:

1. When locking or unlock with the remote the trucks lights don't flash and the horn do not chirp (dome light goes on though). DIC is set to "both".

But thanks for caring and trying to help me out :smile:

Reactions: Sib

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Here's a pic of the sticker to the BCM I have. Maybe a full options list can be printed by someone. Let me if the BCM will be of any use to you and I'll ship it. I have the LGM too.
20150307_074011.jpg

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Here's those pics I found.
20130618_140017 (1).jpg
20130618_140240.jpg

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Like I sad in a PM, I'll take it. You don't have to swing by the dealer on Monday, I can see no steering wheel controls as I have but I think I can program your BCM for any other options I have that's not on yours for the moment.

Mostly I want one that don't have the EXPORT MODE programmed in the BCM like all the EURO BCM have.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
No disrespect meant dude, guess I missed that is all.

Reactions: swede and Mounce

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Ok so I finally figure it out. Thanks to
Denali n DOO said:
I got a US version of the BCM and today I did some testing. I got my stock Euro version BCM and I also got a Euro version BCM from a Swedish salvage yard and finally I got a US version BCM from Darren.

So I installed the US version BCM and without any programming I got my horn and lights to flash when I lock or unlock the truck, I also got Another option in my DIC I didn't have Before. Unfortunately I also lost some of my options I had Before swapping BCM's due to that Darrens BCM didn't came from a fully loaded TB.

Sense I had the VIN from Darrens truck I tested to program my Euro junk yard BCM with the program that are suppose to be in Darrens BCM and it worked. I reprogram the Euro junk yard BCM with a US software but I still missing a lot of the options I have in my truck.

So to finally make this work the way I want it is if somebody can send me a VIN from a 2002-2004 TB that have all the options possible alla the bells and whissle so to speak.

With a VIN from a fully loaded TB I can program my BCM with all the options that was on that specific vehicle the VIN came from.

Did anybody understand my rambling hahaha I'm so god damn happy to finally figure this out.

Well it wasen't that easy, I tried a VIN I found here:

http://www.two-osmotorsales.com/2003_Chevrolet_TrailBlazer_Jacksonville_FL_225136145.veh#

Didn't work, don't know why? Darrens VIN worked but I lost a lot of my options and the above VIN didn't work. Unable to download to my BCM got error message in my Tech2, have no idea why???

Any suggestions?

Basically I need a VIN from a vehicle with the same options like mine, rear fog light and headlight washer I can live without but the rest I want. Not even my moon roof work with US program from a TB with less options.

I'll make a list of my options later today ok?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It will be impossible to find a US TB with the rear fog light because it's a Euro/export option only. The only North American TB's of those years with headlight washers I've seen are the Northface versions which are fairly rare. It wasn't a popular option here, at least on TB's, but Envoys regularly had them.

Have you tried searching the original BCM and LGM part numbers that are on them in Google? It might give some info as to the vehicles that they were used on (US vs Imports) and options that they handled. Is there a GM dealer in Sweden that could give you the actual replacement part numbers?

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
rear fog light and headlight washer I can live without but the rest I want.

It will be impossible to find a US TB with the rear fog light because it's a Euro/export option only. The only North American TB's of those years with headlight washers I've seen are the Northface versions which are fairly rare. It wasn't a popular option here, at least on TB's, but Envoys regularly had them.

Have you tried searching the original BCM and LGM part numbers that are on them in Google? It might give some info as to the vehicles that they were used on (US vs Imports) and options that they handled. Is there a GM dealer in Sweden that could give you the actual replacement part numbers?
Haha Mooseman just woke up huh??

The BCM and LGM part numbers are all the same, it's the software inside that are different between country's. I need a VIN from a 2002 TB with same options like mine except the rear fog and headlight washers.

GM dealer in Sweden wont help out, they hardly know how these things work, I mean the part number on the module and the part number on the software.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I know you said a North American TB but PM Trailblazer075. He's in France and has an 02 TB LTZ, which I think would have the same options as yours. Might work.

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Thanks

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Mooseman gave me an idea I didn't think off, I checked all the TB for sale here in Sweden to see if there was any imports from Europe.

I found 8 TB for sale with VIN numbers and 2 of them are imports from Germany or Italia, going to check those VIN and see if I can update my BCM with one that will engage all my options.

I also found VIN from 1 US imported 2002 Envoy, don't know if the software works on a TB but I'm going to try it.

http://www.blocket.se/kalmar/GMC_Envoy_SUV___4WD___AUT___SKINN_59228570.htm?ca=11&w=3

EDIT:

I also found a 2002 TB with basically the same options like mine for sale in Germany, I e-mailed and politely asked for the VIN we'll see if I get it or not.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So? Any news?

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
So? Any news?
Yes sir lots of news :smile: Today I been in the shop trying out some different VINs I found on TV forum with most of my options, not quit there yet but a big step forward. From my first post in this topic:

1. When locking or unlock with the remote the truck the lights don't flash and the horn do not chirp (dome light goes on though). DIC is set to "both". - FIXED

2. The folding mirror do not work on the Power mirror switch, I can fold them with my Tech2 so I'm guessing it's a bad mirror switch right? - NO LUCK FIXING IT YET

3. Head lights do not turn on when unlocking the truck, set in DIC to turn on? - FIXED with new software from another TB

4. DIC options are missing, see bottom of post. - FIXED with new software from another TB

5. If I trigger the panic alarm or arm the truck and open the door from inside only the horn honks, no lights flashing, set in DIC to both - FIXED

6. When I turn off the truck the headlights are on for about 10 sec, no matter what time I set it on in DIC - FIXED

Perimeter Lightning - added in my DIC now

Tilt Mirror In Reverse - got that one to but not working properly, mirrors goes up and to the right when I put truck in reverse. I flashed both DDM and PDM from same VIN as the BCM I also flashed the LGM from the same VIN.

I'm going to compose a RPO code list on what I need and maybe I can find another TB with the exact same RPO or more for a final flash, I know I wont find any with folding mirrors (maybe in Canada) but if I can get everything else to work I can live without the folding mirrors or just run a direct power to the switch and bypass the DDM and PDM.

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Could you use my vin for anything?

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Not for BCM and that's all I wanted at the time, but thanks any way

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Here are the difference in RPO code between my Euro stock OE in black and my new BCM flash from another US VIN in red. As you can see there are some difference between the RPO codes.
I only posted the RPO that I think have anything to do with the BCM's function. I do am curious on why the outside mirrors goes up and to the right when I put the truck in reverse instead of tilting down as it suppose to.

There's also some RPO codes that I don't know what they are, all the RPO with no explanation I don't know what they are. Feel free to chime in if you know what they are.

AAB - DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
AAB
AJ7 - RESTRAINT SEAT INFLATABLE DRIVER & PASS FRT & SIDE
AJ7
AU8 - REMOTE ENTRY SPECIFIC FREQUENCY – Euro and Japan
AU0 – I HAVE US MODEL LGM AND REMOTES NOW
AX4 - RESTRAINT CONVERSION SEAT MAN EUROPEAN

BAE - SECURITY SYSTEM IMMOBILIZATION

CE1 - WINDSHIELD PULSE MOISTURE SENSITIVE
CE1
CF5 - SUN GLASS SLIDING ELEC
CF5
CJ2 - AIR-CON FRT AUTO TEMP CONT AUX TEMP CONT
CJ2
C49 - RR WINDOW ELECTRIC
C49
DD7 - MIRROR I/S LT SENSITIVE COMPASS
DD7
DK7 - CONSOL ROOF INTERIOR CUSTOM
DK7
DP1 - MIRROR CONVEX GLASS

D59 - MIRROR O/S REMOTE CONTROL HEATED SENSITIVE POWER FOLDING TURN
SIG COLOR
D25 - MIRRORS O/S REM CNTRL, HEATED
EC0 - EUROPEAN COMPLIANT HVAC CONTROLS

KA1 - HEATER SEAT FRONT
KA1
KG4 - ALTERNATOR 150 AMP
KG4
K34 - CRUISE CONTROL AUTOMATIC ELECTRONIC
K34
LL8 - 4.2 LITER
LL8
M30 - AUTO 4-SPD HMD 4L60E
M30
STW - STEERING WHEEL LEATHER WRAPPED WITH REDUNDANT CONTROLS
STW
TR6 - HEADLAMP LEVELING SYSTEM MANUAL

T62 - DAYTIME RUNNING DELETE
T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
T96 - FOG FRONT
T96
UA2 - THEFT DETERENT SYS EXPORT SPECS
UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
UC2 - SPEEDOMETER INST KILO & MILES KILO ODOMETER POS BIAS
U19 - KILO SPEEDOMETER

UC6 - AM/FM STEREO MULTIPLE COMPACT DISC
UC6
UK6 - RR SEAT & EARPHONE JACKS
UK6
UPC - RECORDER CONVENIENC RECALL
UPC
UQA - SPEAKER SYSTEM PREMIUM PERFORMANCE AUDIO
UQA
UVH - DRIVER INFO DISPLAY

U68 - DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
U68
VCG

VC5

VJ3

VJ4

VL4

VPH

VXS

V40 - 8-WAY POWER SEAT, PASSENGER
V40
V78

VX7

YC6 - LTZ
YC6
YK6

ZQ3 - DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
ZQ3
ZY1

1SF - PREFERRED EQUIPM
1SF
6SX

7SW

8EZ

9EX

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Found an Envoy on TV with a lot of options, gonna try this BCM, DDM, PDM and LGM software to see if I can get all my shit together!!
Hope I can flash a TB module with an Envoy software, we'll see if it works.

VIN 1GKDT13S222125010
VEHICLE BUILD
Merchandising Model : TT15506 -2002 ENVOY 4WD (4-DOOR)
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 2611 kg (5757 lb) Order Number : DCKF6K
Build Date : 03/26/2001 Build Plant : 12206
OPTION CODES
#OS - ONSTAR SYSTEM

AAB - DRIVER MEMORY PACKAGE

AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASS

AJ7 - DRIVER/PASS FRT & SIDE AIR BAGS

AM9 - REAR SPLIT FOLDING SEAT

AP9 - CONVENIENCE NET

AR9 - DELUXE FRONT BUCKET SEATS

AU0 - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM

AXP - MPV VIN IDENTIFICATION

BVE - RUNNING BOARDS

B30 - WHEELHOUSING & FLR CARPETING

B32 - FRONT COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS

B33 - REAR COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS

CE1 - RAIN SENSING WIPERS

CE4 - HEADLAMP WASHERS

CF5 - POWER SUNROOF

CJ2 - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL

C49 - ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER

C5N - GVW RATING - 5,750 LBS

DAY - ASSEMBLY PLANT MORAINE, OHIO

DD7 - LIGHT-SENSITIVE ISRV MIRROR

DK7 - CUSTOM INTERIOR ROOF CONSOLE

D25 - LIGHT-SENSITIVE, HTD PWR OSRV MIRRORS

EVA - EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT

GT5 - REAR AXLE 4.10 RATIO

G67 - LOAD LEVELING SUSPENSION

G80 - LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL

JF8 - 4-WHEEL POWER DISC BRAKES

KA1 - HEATED SEAT

KG4 - 150 AMP GENERATOR

K34 - ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROL

LL8 - VORTEC 4200 INLINE 6 CYL ENGINE

M30 - 4-SPD AUTO TRANS W/ OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROL

NC1 - CALIFORNIA EMISSION SYSTEM LEV

NG1 - 50-STATE LOW EMISSION VEHICLE

N40 - POWER STEERING

N79 - STEEL WHEEL FULL SIZE SPARE

N80 - POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS

QTM - P245/65R17 ALS BW TIRES

RYJ - RETRACTABLE CARGO AREA COVER

SLM - STOCK ORDERS

STW - STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS

TB4 - LIFTGATE/LIFTGLASS BODY

T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS

T96 - FRONT FOG LAMPS

T98 - VIN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER

UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM

UC6 - AM/FM STEREO W/6DISC CD CHANGER (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)

UE1 - ONSTAR COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM INCL 1 YR SAFE & SOUND PLAN

UG1 - HOMELINK/TRIP COMPUTER

UK6 - REAR AUDIO HEADPHONE JACKS AND CONTROLS

UPC - TRAVELNOTE DIGITAL RECORDER

UQA - BOSE AUDIO SYSTEM

U68 - DRIVER INFO CENTER

U84 - SIDE WINDOW ANTENNA

VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL

V40 - POWER PASSENGER SEAT

V73 - STATEMENT OF CERT. U.S.

YC6 - SLT DECOR

YD3 - BASE EQUIP FOR SCH GVW PLATE

YD5 - FRONT SPRING - BASE EQUIPMENT

YD6 - REAR SPRING - BASE EQUIPMENT

ZQ3 - TILT WHEEL AND SPEED CONTROL

ZW7 - PREMIUM SMOOTH RIDE SUSPENSION

ZY1 - SOLID PAINT

Z88 - GMC TRUCK NAMEPLATE

1SH - SLT PREM PACKAGE W/PROFESSIONAL TOWING (SH) * LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
* LOAD LEVELING SUSPENSION * CONTENT THEFT ALARM *
POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS * HEATED FRONT SEATS * AM/FM STEREO W/6 DISC CD CHANGER * BOSE AUDIO SYSTEM * RAIN SENSING WIPERS * TRAVELNOTE DIGITAL RECORDER

41U - 41 ONYX BLACK

6FG - COMP FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP

7FD - COMP FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP

8AT - COMP RR LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP

9AT - COMP RR RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP

92I - DARK PEWTER INTERIOR TRIM

922 - DARK PEWTER

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Ok here's the deal at this point. I got almost everything working now, got three (3) issues I need to deal with and then I'm done with this thread.

1. Every TB or Envoy I find with all my options or more options have OE DRL, I do not have OE DRL on my truck. So what happens is that the headlight comes on when I put my truck in drive all the time I can't control it. I need to find away to disable it without disable the auto headlight. Might be fixed with a relay, see here:
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/13293-no-oe-drl-want-fog-to-be-drl-read-this/?p=430028

2. The curb assist mirror is going the wrong way (up and to the right side) when putting my truck in reverse, I think maybe it has to do with my DDM/PDM is a European version. With Euro DDM/PDM flashing the curb assist wont work at all and with US flashing they go the wrong way.

So if any of you have a US or Canada DDM and a PDM you don't need I might be willing to buy them from you if the price is right.

3. Folding mirrors not working yet but I think I'm going to do a rewiring on those so they fold without having to go through the DDM and PDM, a manual override so to speak.

Other then that I got all my options working the way I wanted too, and I got some extra features in my DIC :wooot:

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
swede said:
2. The curb assist mirror is going the wrong way (up and to the right side) when putting my truck in reverse, I think maybe it has to do with my DDM/PDM is a European version. With Euro DDM/PDM flashing the curb assist wont work at all and with US flashing they go the wrong way.
Ok so I found out I need a specific DDM and PDM to get my curb assist to work, anybody out there that have curb assist working and heated seats on your TB that would be kind enough to lift the both modules up and give me the part numbers from both your modules.

If I have the P/N I can start looking for the right modules for my TB to get the curb assist to work.

ATTENTION: Need to have curb assist, heated seats and memory package in your truck to get the P/N right.

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Do you really think it's worth it to get "curb assist"?.

I have it on my truck and I activated it one time and its useless.

I think it's a option you need one time of a hundred, maybe.

It turns the mirror waaay to low so you can't see anything backwards than just the curb, you don't see anything past your rear tire.

If your rear tire was at the bottom of the mirror it might be usable.

Or maybe it's something wrong with mine,don't know.

I'll just have to ask.

Reactions: Mooseman

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Do you really think it's worth it to get "curb assist"?.

I have it on my truck and I activated it one time and its useless.

I think it's a option you need one time of a hundred, maybe.

It turns the mirror waaay to low so you can't see anything backwards than just the curb, you don't see anything past your rear tire.

If your rear tire was at the bottom of the mirror it might be usable.

Or maybe it's something wrong with mine,don't know.

I'll just have to ask.
Depends how tall you are and how you sit in your truck.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I found the curb assist useless and annoying. Not often I parallel park on the street and I use the mirror more to see what's behind me while backing, which is more important than seeing how close you are to the curb.

Reactions: Harpo

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
swede said:
Depends how tall you are and how you sit in your truck.

Why is that?!?!

The mirror must be moving from the current setting, right?. Not to a fixed " curb" setting to my knowledge, IF thats the case it's even Moore worthless than I thought.

swede

Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I found the curb assist useless and annoying. Not often I parallel park on the street and I use the mirror more to see what's behind me while backing, which is more important than seeing how close you are to the curb.
I agree with you but if I have the option I like it to work, even if I don't use it. You get my drift?

Why is that?!?!

The mirror must be moving from the current setting, right?. Not to a fixed " curb" setting to my knowledge, IF thats the case it's even Moore worthless than I thought.
Of course It's a fixed setting, let say you are a very short person and have the seat all the way forward. Then the mirrors would be turned maybe all the way in, if the curb assist would tilt the mirror down after the present settings all you would see would be the outside door panel right? Doh!!

Please get back on topic and no more side tracks, this is why I hate to do a search for a problem on forums, to many side tracks before you get to the information you looking for.
Sometimes I wish I was a moderator so I could split threads like this in to two different ones and keep the tech info in one thread and the rest in another.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online