Aug 14, 2013
My new grille and it only cost me 20$!

securedownload_zpsc9dc2162.jpg

Reactions: Blckshdw

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Venomhatch said:
You must share this idea with me lol. I am interested!

I completely agree it took me a little while but I saw it.

Seeing as i have a rainier, the buick emblem is a pretty close diameter to the anzo hitch cover. With some modification and wiring, and a little paint to give definition to the cover, BOOM lighted grille emblem. When i finally get it done, i'll post pics definitely.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Nice score. You know you could remove the bowtie and put the disney decal in its place :undecided:

JamesL3 said:
Seeing as i have a rainier, the buick emblem is a pretty close diameter to the anzo hitch cover. With some modification and wiring, and a little paint to give definition to the cover, BOOM lighted grille emblem. When i finally get it done, i'll post pics definitely.

I think I may take your idea James.

I may do this, I don't know really maybe after I get some opinions. Put it on the grille instead of the Mickey. The bowtie is messed up on the grill anyways.

[EBAY]130969442237[/EBAY]

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Venomhatch said:
I think I may take your idea James.

I may do this, I don't know really maybe after I get some opinions. Put it on the grille instead of the Mickey. The bowtie is messed up on the grill anyways.

[EBAY]130969442237[/EBAY]

Good luck, and post pics when you're done! I got mine from AutoAnything or Andy's Autosport, i think. Just google Decepticon Hitch cover and it should show up. Mine is Blue. They have Red for autobot as well. I wouldn't put that Mickey anywhere but her car haha.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Also picked a new Delco radio like this up last night for 20$ from the same guy has the same plugs as my truck and its non Bose like my vehicle. What I want to know is I know this one has AUX in what do I need to get my iPhone to work through it? Also does anyone know which pins I need to supply power and ground to in order to see if there are any discs in it?

Thanks everyone.

[EBAY]141159265453[/EBAY]

My New Radio out of Same 07 SS which cost me 20$ more also: (As you can see on the front some buttons have a little wear, but I can replace those!)

Radio1_zpsb832ea2e.jpg

Radio2_zps1fef5467.jpg

Radio3_zps4f1d552b.jpg

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Envoy_04 said:
A little wear???

Brand new compared to the ones on mine!! :rotfl:

Well I consider that to be a little wear. You can see where I did touch up paint to hide the light bleeding through.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
My New Radio out of Same 07 SS which cost me 20$ more also: (As I already have posted these pics)

Update* Well I swapped it today and to my amazement I was told it wasn't a Bose but I swore I saw Bose flash up on the display. Second it seems quieter than my original headunit? Is it possibly Bose? If so how would I tell. In one of the pics I posted a GM Part Number so let me know if it is. Also if it is Bose Will I have to amp it to make it louder? On other hand I may just eventually swap aftermarketly!

Radio1_zpsb832ea2e.jpg

Radio2_zps1fef5467.jpg

Radio3_zps4f1d552b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
:poke: I dunno why you over there bullshittin!! :raspberry:

Yeah yeah you know me sometimes I wonder around in the dark on a subject. It takes a bit before the lightbulb goes on.

*Also I just noticed this, but your avatar kinda looks like the Dark Night Bat logo with the seats and light.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hmm, I never looked at it that way. Honestly, I try not to look at my avatar, it just reminds me that I need to track down and buy a replacement dome light assembly for the 3rd row seat. I melted one of them troubleshooting a problem the wrong way due to laziness. :nono:

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Hmm, I never looked at it that way. Honestly, I try not to look at my avatar, it just reminds me that I need to track down and buy a replacement dome light assembly for the 3rd row seat. I melted one of them troubleshooting a problem the wrong way due to laziness. :nono:

Yeah I have those days also. But I just went and tried out the radio again. It is much quieter than my old one. Not as much volume. Must be a Bose one then.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Upgraded to my New/Used Pioneer Navi Head Unit with custom Splash Screen.

Now I just have to fine the right adapters so I retain my chimes. I can care less about the onstar since I pulled all of the old onstar system out of the truck.

_57_zps7dc8f77b.jpg

securedownload1_zps56f9d80f.jpg

ChevroletDecepticon_zps8027dd4f.jpg

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 17
  • CC.jpg
    CC.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 18
  • CC1.jpg
    CC1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 19
  • CC2.jpg
    CC2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
I forget who was helping me with my ebrake handle swap question. The how to on what I needed was TMI after all. All I needed to do was twist the grip off of it and remove it with a lot of force. Almost ended up putting my hand through the new radio. But someone was looking out for me and my hand went north of the radio and hit the dash/speedo trim instead. Numb fingers and all I finished the install and now looks like in the pics below.

Also I have a video if anyone else ever wants to clone and swap to the chrome SS Style Button.

securedownload3_zps9ef25e4b.jpg

securedownload4_zps5d0f3e7b.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Looks good Don!! :thumbsup:

I happened to notice that my truck has chrome buttons on the shifter and e-brake handle. I'm guessing that's part of the package that also gives you chrome inside door handles (which I also have) So this means you need to get some to match now. :yes: :biggrin:

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Looks good Don!! :thumbsup:

I happened to notice that my truck has chrome buttons on the shifter and e-brake handle. I'm guessing that's part of the package that also gives you chrome inside door handles (which I also have) So this means you need to get some to match now. :yes: :biggrin:

Thanks!

Yeah I replaced my e-brake one already, Not sure if I want the door handle ones. Maybe I will. But I want the T-Handle shifter like this one:
19484d1390341402t-my-summit-white-ss-clone-progress-%24_57.jpg

Porkins said:
:thumbsup:

Did you paint them?

Yes but with vinyl die and adhesive promoter. Used Satin Black finish.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Venomhatch said:
Yes but with vinyl die and adhesive promoter. Used Satin Black finish.

Awesome. I thought you had swapped interiors for a second.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Porkins said:
Awesome. I thought you had swapped interiors for a second.

Yeah when I do something like this I want the finished result to look as close as possible to the color and finish the target object is.

I am not saying I wont eventually swap the door panels out to SS ones, but at least for now I can consider skipping this step.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Why would you wanna swap door panels??? The ss ones are no different than any other trailblazer..I like yours...stick with em.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
jrSS said:
Why would you wanna swap door panels??? The ss ones are no different than any other trailblazer..I like yours...stick with em.

Thanks a lot. Maybe I wont.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
I have a question for everyone following this thread. Do we have a "How-To" area? When I was researching how to remove the park break handle only everyone kept saying I had to remove the whole assembly. But that wasn't the case. I want to post a how to, in order to help others either cloning, replacing, or going aftermarket on the park break handle.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Venomhatch said:
I have a question for everyone following this thread. Do we have a "How-To" area? When I was researching how to remove the park break handle only everyone kept saying I had to remove the whole assembly. But that wasn't the case. I want to post a how to, in order to help others either cloning, replacing, or going aftermarket on the park break handle.

Go to: News & support, then article submissions.. :thumbup: :biggrin:

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Ok so today after a little time off, I decided to tackle Front passenger door and run wires for the Mirror Turn Signal on that side. Still waiting on the lenses at a good enough deal.

1) Drilled hole through and passed wires through under mirror hinge. Brown stuff is hole filler to block water that gets in there. I will paint it flat black to conceal it.
1Drilledholethroughandpassedwiresthroughundermirrorhinge_zps5f30cab9.jpg

2) Where I fed wires through.
2WhereIfedwiresthrough_zpse91a1420.jpg

3) Wrapped wires around existing harness.
3Wrappedwiresaroundexistingharness_zpsaf366c79.jpg

4) Grounded on Mirror Bolt.
4GroundedonMirrorBolt_zpsc9579a4f.jpg

5) Ran wires down inside the door to boot towards car.
5Ranwiresdowninsidethedoortoboottowardscar_zps36c6838c.jpg

6) Door Semi Finished Waiting on my LED mods before I plug switch back in.
6DoorSemiFinishedWaitingonmyLEDmodsbeforeIplugswitchbackin_zps3dc24260.jpg

7) Door Closed.
7DoorClosed_zpsbfa28060.jpg

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Did you end up painting the interior door panels or just swapped them for the ebony panels? Looks alot better with yhe black panels wish mine was black :frown:

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
TexazReece said:
Did you end up painting the interior door panels or just swapped them for the ebony panels? Looks alot better with yhe black panels wish mine was black :frown:

Painted but did the whole mineral spirits and cleaning it then using the vinyl die paint for door panels by krylon. Nice even coat reapplied two coats.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Venomhatch said:
Painted but did the whole mineral spirits and cleaning it then using the vinyl die paint for door panels by krypton. Nice even coat reapplied two coats.

:eek: That must be some SUPER die!!! :raspberry: :dielaugh:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :biggrin:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
She is turning into one fine ride.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online