moog end links

dacoach

Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Just installed moog end links on the vehicle. Paper inside says it is pregreased and does not need any more. What are your openions on this. Should I add a little more or not.
Thank you
Dacoach

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If it's got a Zerk, I'd always squirt in a little more.

dacoach

Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Thanks Roadie,
Seamed like their was very little in them. Just a note, sway bar bushing in my wifes equinox simply blows to replace. Who would put the bolts on top.
Dacoach

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
I used the very expensive Moog ones with zerk fittings on my Envoy too, about a year ago, now they're on their way out again. :frown:

Keep the fittings greased regularly (not overgreased with messy grease running out of the cups) is all I can say. I did that and still they seemed to last no longer for me than the cheaper brand ones have in the past. I have no experience at all with Suspension Maxx, but I think I will go with their upgraded end links when I replace mine in the next few months. I love my Envoy to death, but eating sway links for a snack every year or so is a really annoying habit.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Moots1288 is selling some suspension maxx front endlinks brand new for $100 shipped on offroadtb.com

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
Envoy_04 said:
I used the very expensive Moog ones with zerk fittings on my Envoy too, about a year ago, now they're on their way out again. :frown:

Keep the fittings greased regularly (not overgreased with messy grease running out of the cups) is all I can say. I did that and still they seemed to last no longer for me than the cheaper brand ones have in the past. I have no experience at all with Suspension Maxx, but I think I will go with their upgraded end links when I replace mine in the next few months. I love my Envoy to death, but eating sway links for a snack every year or so is a really annoying habit.

I think I replaced at least 3 times in 3 years until I went to the smaxx ones a 2 years ago.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I usually like Moog stuff but the endlinks didn't last all that long. I'm trying some Deeza links this time around.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
+1 on the Suspension Maxx ones. Quality pieces. I was lucky I got them when they were still about 85 bucks a set.

wkdpanda

Jan 8, 2013
tbuckalew14 said:
I think I replaced at least 3 times in 3 years until I went to the smaxx ones a 2 years ago.

I guess I've been lucky? Used Moog about 6 years ago, and they are just now wearing out. '03 Envoy, but not high mileage or lots of off-road usage.

Wkdpanda

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Sparky said:
I usually like Moog stuff but the endlinks didn't last all that long. I'm trying some Deeza links this time around.

I have had no issues with the Deeza links, I like the sealed boot better than the Moog ones. I have serviced them twice and may just put 1 squirt of grease in every now and then.

Iirc, there was a how to on building your own endlinks on one of the 3 sites. Maybe someone who knows the thread can post it.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
I have had no issues with the Deeza links, I like the sealed boot better than the Moog ones. I have serviced them twice and may just put 1 squirt of grease in every now and then.

Iirc, there was a how to on building your own endlinks on one of the 3 sites. Maybe someone who knows the thread can post it.

Sealed boot seems a smarter option. We're talking a component that's not too far from the road surface, and an unsealed grease point just begs for dirt infiltration.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
quick question tried to find this but i see multiple part numbers for endlinks : k6665 k6666 k6667 k80825 all say they fit just wondering the difference im sure its drivers side and passengers side, i know moog isnt best but dont have money to pay for suspension maxx

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
The different part numbers should correspond with different locations. Check Rockauto and you should see which one goes where.

I like the sealed boots, they do have relief areas for the old grease to come out. When I service them I put enough grease to just get the boot to swell. After some driving the old grease will work its way out. I have had no water come out yet which is a good sign.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
ok now maybe im crazy but everything i put in it says my 2004 trailblazer the front dont fit can someone please help me out dont want to buy something and it not fit i know the fronts have end links i have seen them i have moved them and know they are bad...... but auto zone, advance, amazon, all state the k6665 and k6666 doesnt fit

edit k80824/k80825 that fits on the front seem to be for 2wd

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Endlinks are all the same 2wd or 4wd, and all years from 2002 up to I think it was 2007 that they did change the style to a vertical link without the ball joints.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
According to the moog website they did have a different end link for the 2wd and the 4wd

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Black_tb said:
According to the moog website they did have a different end link for the 2wd and the 4wd

Are they listed with different part numbers?

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Yes the 4wd are k6665 and k6666 and the others are k80824/k80825

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Getting ready to go to bed but I can look it up again in the morning

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Seems a bit weird. There is no control arm or sway bar difference between 2WD and 4WD models. I haven't seen other brands have any 2WD specific parts either. Odd.

FWIW my Deeza links are doing OK so far.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Sparky said:
Seems a bit weird. There is no control arm or sway bar difference between 2WD and 4WD models. I haven't seen other brands have any 2WD specific parts either. Odd.

FWIW my Deeza links are doing OK so far.

where did u get the deeza links im trying to keep prices down a little bit

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Same here. Completely sealed compared to Moog. Only thing I don't like is the Allen key in the end of the stud. No hex :mad:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Mooseman said:
Same here. Completely sealed compared to Moog. Only thing I don't like is the Allen key in the end of the stud. No hex :mad:

The rears have hex, fronts are allen. Mine are already that lovely orange brown color, but I blame that on the PA road salt.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
The rears have hex, fronts are allen. Mine are already that lovely orange brown color, but I blame that on the PA road salt.

Yeah that struck me as odd :blinkhuh: I do prefer the Moogs in that respect as the hex makes it so much easier. But whatever.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online