LMFAO lifts

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
For being such an ugly ass car, the Aztek had a lot of cool features that would of been awesome in say, the Traiblazer.

Options included a center console that doubled as a removable cooler and a tent/inflatable mattress package that, along with a built-in air compressor, allowed the Aztek to double as a camper. Extending this image was a seat-back mounted backpack, and a number of specialty racks for bicycles, canoes, snowboards, and other such items. An optional 10 speaker Pioneer stereo system provided a set of controls located at the rear of the vehicle for tail-gate parties as well as an unusual 2-piece tailgate with built-in cup-holders and contoured seating area for added comfort.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
14 bolt needs adaptor u-joint n shortened driveshaft.

smokey262

Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
You might as well get an 8.6 axle out of an EXT, it's stronger. You already have the 8.0 axle.

If I come across a 2004 or older G80 unit from an EXT in 3.73 what is the going $ range? Are they coveted, or dime a dozen? Will it bolt up to my truck without any issues at all?

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
smokey262 said:
You might as well get an 8.6 axle out of an EXT, it's stronger. You already have the 8.0 axle.

If I come across a 2004 or older G80 unit from an EXT in 3.73 what is the going $ range? Are they coveted, or dime a dozen? Will it bolt up to my truck without any issues at all?

It will bolt up. Prices varies state to state, yard by yard. I've seen some for $100 and others for $900. Requires shopping around and verifying the VIN on the unit. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
smokey262 said:

They bolt up. I have an 8.6 from an EXT in my truck.

Jake Blazer

Mar 29, 2014
JamesL3 said:
Such a harsh comparison! I want to possibly lift mine, but not for the sake of looking cool. It would be more to make me happier with what I have. I don't have the option of going out and getting a 4x4 or a second vehicle after paying off my wife's car. It's the best I can do with what I have. I'd love to take a swing at taking her offroad, but would most likely get stuck and laughed at. I have 2 choices, lift or lower and am torn between the two. Either one would make me happy, so the choice is that much harder. My previous happenings with a pothole lead me to want to lift it as lower wouldn't really be the greatest idea. To each their own I say. I'm not here to poke fun at anyone's choice. I'm here to get ideas and gain knowledge on the truck I chose to buy.

I have a four door ext ls. it is a soccer dad two wheel drive. and I am going up. Lower is .....well ,lo. Monday it is going in the shop and I am going to level it out. get true duals nice allterrain tires and I will like it much more.BullBar and a winch! Hell yeah! I will go everywhere 4wd goes it just wont cost as much. GO up man, get high!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Jake Blazer said:
I have a four door ext ls. it is a soccer dad two wheel drive. and I am going up. Lower is .....well ,lo. Monday it is going in the shop and I am going to level it out. get true duals nice allterrain tires and I will like it much more.BullBar and a winch! Hell yeah! I will go everywhere 4wd goes it just wont cost as much. GO up man, get high!

You are welcome to try and follow me anytime...

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Midnyteryder02 said:

:iagree:

I'm guessing he's got the 5.3, otherwise TRUE duals is impossible...

EDIT: I'm not sure on if any 2 wheel drives got the 5.3, but I know the LWB trucks got them, can't see why a 2 wheel drive LWB couldn't have had a 5.3.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Midnyteryder02 said:
:confused: :blinkhuh: im still learning what motors were in what.. but they put a 5.3 in a 2wd?

They put the 6.0 in a 2wd too.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
was just little confused.. wish guys would fill out their profiles.. lol he did comment on ghosters k&n kit for a 4.2.. so yeah.. lmao maybe im just too tired tonight.. haha

and trailz yeah i did know the 6.0 was in 2wd.. but that would make it an SS.. :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Midnyteryder02 said:
was just little confused.. wish guys would fill out their profiles.. lol he did comment on ghosters k&n kit for a 4.2.. so yeah.. lmao maybe im just too tired tonight.. haha

and trailz yeah i did know the 6.0 was in 2wd.. but that would make it an SS.. :yes:

Yep. SS.

He has several random posts with lil sense esp without bothering to finish his profile.

cstern71

Feb 16, 2014
There have been other manufactures in the past that have had I6s with a complete dual exhaust from the factory. First 3 cylinders and second 3 are ran separately all the way out (2 cats, etc). While this isn't true dual exhaust in the traditional sense, I guess you still call it dual exhaust. I'm not sure what the performance benefits are from this though.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
The_Roadie said:
. . . better than spending the equivalent amount of money on PBR, tobacco, meth, or sex-change operations. That sort of silliness. :rotfl:

PBR? What's wrong with The Professional Bull Riders? :raspberry:

Professional Bull Riders -

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Midnyteryder02 said:

An SS . . .

or a 9-7X. Those also had the option of the 6.0

EDIT: my bad. Realized it was a 2WD vehicle we were discussing.

TheBad

Dec 4, 2011
Why is lifting just for looks so looked down upon????
It's no different than lowering for looks. I have two lifted trucks
and doubt very seriously that either of them see the type of wheeling
that The_Roadie or HARDTRAILZ enjoy doing. Makes me "mall rated"
I suppose, BFD!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
TheBad said:
Why is lifting just for looks so looked down upon????
It's no different than lowering for looks. I have two lifted trucks
and doubt very seriously that either of them see the type of wheeling
that The_Roadie or HARDTRAILZ enjoy doing. Makes me "mall rated"
I suppose, BFD!

It is what it is....

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I don't fault anyone for doing appearance stuff. The only time it is a real waste is when they do stupid stuff like truck nuts or monster wings on civics or something :rotfl:

glfredrick

Jan 14, 2014
The current trend in true off-road capable vehicles is no lift and all tire!

My son runs 40" IROK rubber on a 2" lowered Wrangler with major body mods for tire clearance (and it is also 4-linked front and rear w/custom suspension and air shocks). My Ranger truggy is running 2" lift for clearance for steering with 39" TSLs. Again, major sheet metal customization involved.

What we've found in actual off-road experience is that tall vehicles often find themselves upside down once placed into off-camber situations. Adding roof racks and gear topside only makes that worse! Only real place for tall lifts (beside the mall) is the mud guys where keeping the frame out of the mud is critical to continue moving.

Of course, the TB, designed as an SUV (socially unacceptable vehicle) and not a true off-road vehicle, sits considerably lower than most off-road type vehicles, so a 2-3" suspension lift is probably the ticket. Any more than that and it will start to cost a LOT of $$$ and eat a lot of parts unless one goes whole hog and replaces all the axles and suspension with big stuff that is heavy enough to also run the big rubber required for many trails these days.

The_Roadie said:
Sortof like Yugos might have had a resurgence in price after Drowning Mona....but no. Yugos still sucked.

View attachment 19698

What do you call a Yugo station wagon?

Wait for it...

We ALL GO! Ba... Da... Bump. :raspberry:

John87

Nov 16, 2014
glfredrick said:
The current trend in true off-road capable vehicles is no lift and all tire!

My son runs 40" IROK rubber on a 2" lowered Wrangler with major body mods for tire clearance (and it is also 4-linked front and rear w/custom suspension and air shocks). My Ranger truggy is running 2" lift for clearance for steering with 39" TSLs. Again, major sheet metal customization involved.

What we've found in actual off-road experience is that tall vehicles often find themselves upside down once placed into off-camber situations. Adding roof racks and gear topside only makes that worse! Only real place for tall lifts (beside the mall) is the mud guys where keeping the frame out of the mud is critical to continue moving.
I would be very interested in seeing some pictures of the Wrangler and Ranger

kcb58h

Dec 25, 2014
North Texas
The_Roadie said:
I've heard from multiple sources in the lift manufacturer's and seller's community that if it wasn't for mall cruisers, there would be NO viable lift industry. They sell 1/2 to 3/4 of their stuff to folks who will never get it dirty.

So I've softened my former mockage of putting 10" lifts on 2WD F150s and the like. IMHO they're misguided poseurs, but they're spending money to support their platforms and the mod industry, and that's better than spending the equivalent amount of money on PBR, tobacco, meth, or sex-change operations. That sort of silliness. :rotfl:
I'm so glad some one said that. My truck should look the way I want. I really feel intimidated going to an off road shop with a lifted 2wd ext (formerly owned by a grocery gettin' soccer mom). I'm desperate to find someone locally that will work on it without an attitude.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reactions: dmanns67

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
I only want a lift to clear larger tires to better use my Trailblazer in bad weather or on trails, last time it was on a trail, it high centered, open rear was a lot of help and my mall crawler tires suck. A better set of tires and a G80 would make it much better to drive, plus getting rid of Torque Management.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
kcb58h said:
I'm so glad some one said that. My truck should look the way I want. I really feel intimidated going to an off road shop with a lifted 2wd ext (formerly owned by a grocery gettin' soccer mom). I'm desperate to find someone locally that will work on it without an attitude.
Welcome, if you complete your profile people will know your location to see if you are local.

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DIY Professional

Members Online