How much will XYZ Lift cost me?

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
I thought it was time to update my spreadsheet to be more helpful to n00bs who can't use a calculator, to show what someone spends lifting their vehicle. This is for anyone interested in getting an idea of what they're in for.

>>> Trailblazer Mods & Cost

I dropped all the stuff I've had in the one from my Build thread and just provided my real world numbers spent on suspension and tires with a few other popular items in a side column. I'll be updating this as we do additional things, such as the costs associated with an 8.6 rear end swap and moving to a different gear set.

This is just for a general idea, as things like tire and rim combo or the lift kit you purchase would effect the overall prices paid. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

groundshock

Dec 4, 2011
What would really go nice with that new excel layout would be pics of each corresponding phase. I haven't seen your truck on the 35's.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
groundshock said:
What would really go nice with that new excel layout would be pics of each corresponding phase. I haven't seen your truck on the 35's.

:iagree:
would give people an idea how bada$$ it will look after spending the money.
and a :thumbsup: for putting it out there.

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
groundshock said:

That's because they're in the garage still. Murphy's law kicked my ass today. Going to be a couple more days before the 35's are on.

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
13186d1364421191-what-did-you-do-your-gmt-today-541266_10151618920373436_2005244364_n.jpg

There, happy.

:raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good idea

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
dang Mike, your work "inspired" me to do my own spreadsheet. Even being the tightwad that I am, shopping for deals/used I am still right at about $2k (for 4.5" lift) and that is with saving about $500 by shopping around and only running 32s.

I've still got about $2k more to spend to get where I want to be (bumper, 8.6 rear, gears, lockers etc).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
HOLY SHIT!

Made my list and with the multiple versions of my truck and stepping up as new lifts and products were delevoped plus multiple sets of rims and tires to find what would work for us, I have double what I paid for my truck in mods alone. Pushing 15K, but recouped prolly 1/2 by selling stuff off.

Would be far cheaper if I had to do it again and did not have so much money in pushing the envelope. 33's used to be HUGE and 35s were impossible, just like 15 inch wheels would not fit. This platform has tons more options and I am glad to have been part of the development of some of it. My first aftermarket bumper was some shit welded galvanized stinger off craigslist I adapted and now we have some incredible works of metal art from MDB Fab for reasonable prices. Sometimes change is good!

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
HOLY SHIT!

Made my list and with the multiple versions of my truck and stepping up as new lifts and products were delevoped plus multiple sets of rims and tires to find what would work for us, I have double what I paid for my truck in mods alone. Pushing 15K, but recouped prolly 1/2 by selling stuff off.

Would be far cheaper if I had to do it again and did not have so much money in pushing the envelope. 33's used to be HUGE and 35s were impossible, just like 15 inch wheels would not fit. This platform has tons more options and I am glad to have been part of the development of some of it. My first aftermarket bumper was some shit welded galvanized stinger off craigslist I adapted and now we have some incredible works of metal art from MDB Fab for reasonable prices. Sometimes change is good!

yeah, many of us would have never been lifted if not for the many early adopters like yourself who spent countless hrs and dollars pushing the envelope.

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
That's true for sure. Some of you pretty much insured we have products to buy to begin with.

I know it'd be cheaper and easier with another platform (maybe) but at the end of the day, my wife and I love our Trailblazer and it's unique. Seriously, every testosterone fueled freak on a trail in Moab has a Jeep or Land Rover.

Besides, I already decided to keep the car till I can put antique plates on it.

JordaneeKey

Mar 9, 2013
mikekey said:
That's true for sure. Some of you pretty much insured we have products to buy to begin with.

I know it'd be cheaper and easier with another platform (maybe) but at the end of the day, my wife and I love our Trailblazer and it's unique. Seriously, every testosterone fueled freak on a trail in Moab has a Jeep or Land Rover.

Besides, I already decided to keep the car till I can put antique plates on it.

I wouldn't have let you sell it anyways. :biggrin:

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
mikekey said:
That's because they're in the garage still. Murphy's law kicked my ass today. Going to be a couple more days before the 35's are on.

I gotta know... can you actually still pull your truck in the garage with the 35's on? Looks like an awfully tight fit!

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
I believe I'm in the 2k range on the TB. I refuse to tally it up.
I once added up the motors, transmissions, coilovers, brakes, rod end suspension items, exhaust, cam, head porting materials, subframe connectors, multiple sets of 315 30 18s for all four corners etc for the firebird and I could have bought a cheap house back in MO... or put a healthy down payment on one here in NY. The firebird is a black hole for money... the trailblazer isn't far behind.

I spend what I have budgeted (sometimes a smidge more), forget it, and enjoy it.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shdwdrgn said:
I gotta know... can you actually still pull your truck in the garage with the 35's on? Looks like an awfully tight fit!

Without a rack up top I can fit in a standard garage on 35s.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online