Got the beaSSt back!!!

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
boy where do i start...

im sure everyone knows the story.. spun a bearing about 2 months ago now, and she was sitting at the dealership ever since... it was a waiting game on GM to send out the new motor.. but shes all put back together, and i drove her home yesturday... shes very different to say the least... but as expected, there are a lot of little things, that since im on full tilt looking for things wrong, im noticing...

first, my headlights and fogs didnt work (they didnt hook up my HID's), my amps didnt work (they blew my inline fuse), i found green antifreeze all over the engine compartment (we all know our trucks take Dex Cool), my gas filler neck looked to be hooked back up wrong, and the spring loaded little cirle thing on the where you insert the gas nozzle into is now missing, and i think the filler neck is not centered properly, my front bumper is completely off center, my rear bumper is scratched, my passanger side rear door is scratched from them washing it (clear coat scratch from the handle brush they use to clean cars and can be buffed out), the piece where my hood latch attachesd too looks to be off a little bit, there is excess oil left over in spots (they just didnt clean up after they were done).. i could just tell the guy was ready to get it out of his booth... understandable, but still.... on top of all of that.. for the first time owning her, i let the gas light come on, and it took $89 to fill her up OUCH!!! :crackup:

onto the pix!!

2012-05-10174211.jpg

2012-05-10174729.jpg

the didnt hook up my HID's
2012-05-10174436.jpg

gas filler neck and center closing piece missing and not centered..
2012-05-10174941.jpg

2012-05-10174933.jpg

green antifreeze
2012-05-10182020.jpg

oil on trans pan (i had them do a pan drop, filter change, and refill
2012-05-10195603.jpg

front bumper off center...
2012-05-10180901.jpg

2012-05-10180908.jpg

hood latch
2012-05-10181809.jpg

these are just a lot of little things that as i said, since im on tilt and looking for anything everything, that im noticing.. nothing to dramatic, but just a little nerve racking.. but the drivibility is awesome... the motor is strong.. makes some new noises that im not used to hearring.. the vale train on this motor is louder then on my old one.. there is a different cam that i can hear loping in my exhuast note, and the sort of rythem sound coming ffrom the front end... but overall, im very happy, and glad to have her back.. i was working on her all day yesturday.. and now im just driving her to get the break in miles racked up...

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Good to see you have it back running! Looks like you have some work cut out for you. Last time I had my car at the dealer, they unhooked and did not hook my HID'S up either, for some reason they also took my led's out my interior lights. Looks like you have some work cut out for you, but thats just how it goes some times.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Me007gold said:
Good to see you have it back running! Looks like you have some work cut out for you. Last time I had my car at the dealer, they unhooked and did not hook my HID'S up either, for some reason they also took my led's out my interior lights. Looks like you have some work cut out for you, but thats just how it goes some times.

yea, understandable there... just glad to have her back, and hopefully she lasts for a long time to come.. the dealership did help me out.. so im not bashing them in any way... just a little nerve wrecking and like you said, tons of woork to do...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
silvernclean said:
Good for u brother....can't wait to see ur beaSSt.

thx bro... I will be there!!! :wootwoot:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
looks great man im super glad everything worked out for ya :wootwoot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would at least have them fix the gas filler tab. The rest is easy little things you can do.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yea, I called them already this morning.. goin back in next week.. the motor sounds a little funny too at cold startup, very loud knock that does go away when it gets to op temp.. so we'll see what they have to say

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Are you sure you had the flap in the filler tube? I thought that was eliminated in the 2006 and newer. :undecided:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
I can say my 08 Denali has the metal thing in the filler tube, so it wasn't eliminated 06+. Also god damn your guys gas is CHEAP!. $3.87 for 93? Here in Hawaii it's $4.31 for 87 at Costco, most places are $4.50 for 87.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Great news Juan! Glad she's back and don't worry about the little stuff! If they'd done everything for you, then how would you spend time getting reacquainted with your car :tongue: loooool! :wootwoot::wootwoot:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I'm glad to hear that she's home :wootwoot:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Glad to see you got her back! Suck to see that with the time invested they couldn't put an ounce of pride into the little things like the bumper centering.

About the whole aftermarket parts (HIDs/audio) re-install, that was a big issue I had when doing warranty work at the dealer that I used to work at. As much as I personally wanted to make everything to work, we couldn't get our time covered for aftermarket things, most notably security/remote start reinstall/programming. So, I can kind of see why they didn't go all out to get the audio and lights working properly before they gave it back to ya. The other things though, well there's another thread for four letter words lol.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Glad it's back up and running. The dealer is the worst place you'e ever want your car to be long term. I'd choose to park at the airport over the dealer. When I had my wife's Rainier at the dealer while they tried to figure out for 3+ months what they screwed up on, the scratched the front bumper that was in perfect shape, put two massive door dings in it and scratched it. The service writer told me that the tech took it for a weekend and joy rided it. The dings came out on PDR, the scratch could only be touched up or they's have to repaint the full rear quarter which pissed me off. From that they gave me a 0$ deductible, GMPP warranty until eternity and future, free PDR's plus a clear bra and clear protection package, they had to also repainted the hood and rear bumper to apologize for their unbelievable antics. The service writer also got fired.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Glad to hear you have your ride back!

It sounds like your dealership has been pretty good about making sure everything is good so I am sure they will stand behind their work and fix your list of issues.

Look forward to seeing you next week.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Wooluf1952 said:
Are you sure you had the flap in the filler tube? I thought that was eliminated in the 2006 and newer. :undecided:

This raises a good point.. I just texted my brother and his '07 doesn't have it either.. :undecided:

fr34kout said:
I can say my 08 Denali has the metal thing in the filler tube, so it wasn't eliminated 06+. Also god damn your guys gas is CHEAP!. $3.87 for 93? Here in Hawaii it's $4.31 for 87 at Costco, most places are $4.50 for 87.

:crackup: its still expenssive to us... but I'll take it...

fadyasha said:
Great news Juan! Glad she's back and don't worry about the little stuff! If they'd done everything for you, then how would you spend time getting reacquainted with your car :tongue: loooool! :wootwoot::wootwoot:

Touché bro... I worked on her all night the first day she came back home...

MAY03LT said:
Glad to see you got her back! Suck to see that with the time invested they couldn't put an ounce of pride into the little things like the bumper centering.

About the whole aftermarket parts (HIDs/audio) re-install, that was a big issue I had when doing warranty work at the dealer that I used to work at. As much as I personally wanted to make everything to work, we couldn't get our time covered for aftermarket things, most notably security/remote start reinstall/programming. So, I can kind of see why they didn't go all out to get the audio and lights working properly before they gave it back to ya. The other things though, well there's another thread for four letter words lol.

Well that doesn't bother me so much, nor did I even bring it to their attention.. I fixed them (amps, lights) as soon as I got home.. its just with me being on fritz about things, and "looking" for things wrong, those stuck out like a sore thumb.. but I can definetly tell the tech was tired of having it in his booth, and possibly rushed things towards the end there..

But to let me leave without headlights... thank God it was daylight when I got her...

And I hear ya on that thread!! :rotfl:

Jkust said:
Glad it's back up and running. The dealer is the worst place you'e ever want your car to be long term. I'd choose to park at the airport over the dealer. When I had my wife's Rainier at the dealer while they tried to figure out for 3+ months what they screwed up on, the scratched the front bumper that was in perfect shape, put two massive door dings in it and scratched it. The service writer told me that the tech took it for a weekend and joy rided it. The dings came out on PDR, the scratch could only be touched up or they's have to repaint the full rear quarter which pissed me off. From that they gave me a 0$ deductible, GMPP warranty until eternity and future, free PDR's plus a clear bra and clear protection package, they had to also repainted the hood and rear bumper to apologize for their unbelievable antics. The service writer also got fired.

At least you got everything fixed.. and looks like for the duration of your ride... but I was confident and comfertable keeping her there the whole time.. remember, my father works there too, so I had updates almost everyday...

Regulator said:
Glad to hear you have your ride back!

It sounds like your dealership has been pretty good about making sure everything is good so I am sure they will stand behind their work and fix your list of issues.

Look forward to seeing you next week.

Oh they've helped me out more then I could ever imagined.. weather it was easier for them to get a new motor or not, they pushed to get it for me.. along with doing other things for me that shall be left unsaid.. so I know they'll fix it.. I just don't want to nag them to death about little ish due to this whole ordeal...

And I'll see you Saturday bro!!! :grouphug:

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
MAY03LT said:
About the whole aftermarket parts (HIDs/audio) re-install, that was a big issue I had when doing warranty work at the dealer that I used to work at. As much as I personally wanted to make everything to work, we couldn't get our time covered for aftermarket things, most notably security/remote start reinstall/programming. So, I can kind of see why they didn't go all out to get the audio and lights working properly before they gave it back to ya.

Boricua SS said:
But to let me leave without headlights... thank God it was daylight when I got her...

^This.

I understand more than most about losing your ass on a job, but to send a vehicle back to the owner WITHOUT HEADLIGHTS is completely unacceptable, period. Pre-accident condition is the name of our game, and same goes for dealers too. (substitute accident for a mechanical-related word lol) If everything worked when they dropped it off, everything better work when they pick it up. We usually don't even let cars leave with a blown bulb without having to replace them for free, even if it's on the opposite side and opposite end of the repair area. :hissyfit:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Congrats on getting it back!

I swore my 2005 Voy had the little flap door but after getting the fuel sender replaced it wasn't there. My 2011 Silverado does not have that little flap.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:

Mental note to write down the mileage of the vehicle if I ever have to take it in someplace like that, PARTICULARLY the Camaro as I could easily see someone joyriding in it :hissyfit:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yea, turns out the SS didnt have that flap either...

But you're all not gonna believe this... the SS is back at the dealer with a new knock!!!... they think its an exhaust leak, but it sounds literally identical to diesel motor.. that's not normal... so I'll know more tomorrow morning..

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Nice to here you got your truck back :wootwoot: Hope this new problem turns out to be very minor :yes::yes:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Fire06 said:
Nice to here you got your truck back :wootwoot: Hope this new problem turns out to be very minor :yes::yes:

kjkim93 said:
Hope the new problem isn't bad and congrats on getting your ss back :smile: safe driving man!

Thx fellas...

I just talked to the dealership today (my DD is there getting an oil change) and they said without tearing it down, they don't know what it is... so they want me to drive it to "break in" the new parts... they're thinking that since its a new motor, it needs some time to get all the components broken in... so we'll see... but for now, she's comin home and she'll be in MI for the meet :wootwoot:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Thx fellas...

I just talked to the dealership today (my DD is there getting an oil change) and they said without tearing it down, they don't know what it is... so they want me to drive it to "break in" the new parts... they're thinking that since its a new motor, it needs some time to get all the components broken in... so we'll see... but for now, she's comin home and she'll be in MI for the meet :wootwoot:

As long as they stand behind their motor and work all is good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Fire06 said:
As long as they stand behind their motor and work all is good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And they will tow you IF anything bad happens for nothing. I'm hoping nothing will happen, but if it did, I'd hit them up for towing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online