FOUND - 02 TB -Complete Seat Set (Gray Fabric Manual NO Air Bag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The Driver Side Passenger Window dropped enough to allow repeated rains to fill up the back floor board and while unattended in the summer heat for too long... Anything organic decided to feed the dormant Mold and Mildew Beasties in and on all the Seats and Carpet... and now the interior is uninhabitable. I can get a complete replacement OEM Carpet set for around $250 with Free S&H... But I can't return the TB to my son and risk the health of his woman, his daughter and soon...his coming newborn son...So...once the engine is finished and the time comes to put the TB back on the road... all the seats and carpets have GOT to go. I am in the Tampa Bay Area and my son and I will pick up the seats using the Silverado and Pay Cash on The Barrell Head for a good deal on this full set of seats:

Nothing Fancy...

Gray Single or Two Tone Fabric or Leather
Manual Adjusters
No Air Bags or Electric Adjusters
Clean...No Cuts No Tears No Burns No Stains No BLOOD...Just Clean ...from a Good Home.

Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I thought all 02s had the air bag in the side of the front seats? Later ones did not as they moved to side curtain air bags.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Indeed... But they are not permanently fitted with them...and many Salvage Yards avoid the liability of their accidental discharge during the S&H of the Front Seats... by simply removing them and alerting the buyers of this "modification".

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Even if they have air bags, you can leave them disconnected. They won't do anything. And if they're electric, I know another member was able to hook some up using relays and switches. Just something to consider if you find some as I think most are electric.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Right Now... I am sitting on Pins and Needles after finding a FULL SET that are Very Clean and Undamaged... Completely Manual with No Bells and Whistles...Fairly Priced and the only thing that remains is to work out are the details and additional costs of the Freight S&H.... I have my fingers crossed that by 12 Noon EST tomorrow... The Gods of GMT-360s will look down upon this situation and be kind. When the mechanically repaired $85K 2002 Trailblazer ready to be backed out of my driveway... I'd like to have it on the move with a sort of "New Car Smell" instead of the Musty Messy Atmosphere that pervades the Interior...right now.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Can't they be steam cleaned to get that funk out?

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Impossible... Vacuum Expanded Poly-Foam winds up with literally millions of cells where the cilia and tendrils of the Mold and Fungi will snake down into and penetrate to the core of the foam in pursuit of moisture and organic matter to feed on and simply reduce themselves to spores when their environmental conditions become hard to survive after dehydration occurs.

Then later on...when either a Cup of Coffee, or a Kid's Coke or the Baby's Milk Bottle leaks out or spills onto and get absorbed into the cushions... the Mold and Fungi simply reconstitute themselves back to life and grow and re-produce... bringing back all of the unpleasant and unhealthy smells of "Moldy-ness" that are attendant with their "resurrection" and biological activity. The only way to destroy these organisms is so extreme... that it would also destroy the "moulded foam planks" (pun intended here) that the seats are made of.

To more completely answer your question...and as an interesting "scientific side bar" to prove just how completely insidious these organisms really are:

During a biological survey of the Mold and Fungi that thrive in and on the floor of the Amazon Jungle... the Scientists investigating this phenomena... performed DNA sampling and the genetic studies, looking for the variations between all of the samples... But they came up with a shocking result. This is because they accidentally discovered the Largest Single Organism on the Earth... that was a Single Fungi with ONE SET OF GENOMES THAT COVERED OVER 1,500 MILES OF JUNGLE!

And so this kind of "Infection" is virtually intractable and the onlt way to kill it...is to BURN IT!

Last edited:
Reactions: Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
:puke:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay... I have some Great News... I got very lucky and found a Complete Set of Front and Rear Gray Cloth Seats with Manual HW ... and all in Very Clean Condition for $300.00. Before installing these... I will remove the old, ruined carpet and replace it with a Full Front to rear OEM Carpet in Charcoal Gray and install these accoutrements as soon as I figure out how to replace the Window Control Mechanism that I have already obtained. If someone has a link to this repair... I would very much appreciate the help.

Now... How do I let everybody know that my "Wanted" request posting has been satisfied...and is no longer "Wanted" ?
clip_2-jpg.76011.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76010.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76009.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76008.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76007.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76006.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76005.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76004.jpeg
clip_2-jpg.76011.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76010.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76009.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76008.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76007.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76006.jpeg clip_2-jpg.76005.jpeg

Attachments

• clip_2-jpg.76012.jpeg
    clip_2-jpg.76012.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Yes... The OEM Quality Replacement Carpet comes with a fairly thick, attached Jute backing and for more money...they have a rubberised sub-matting that can add even more sound absorption as well. Here is the link to what I'll be getting FOR $250.00 (897 CHARCOAL):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carpet-Kit-...0a1c8d6&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=351005205439
s-l500.jpg

897large.jpg

Reactions: stickypoop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online