Designing the 2nd Generation TrailBlazer SUV

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I know there is already a discussion in the "Latest Industry News" forum, but that forum isn't really meant for technical discussion. This will be the official discussion thread for the 2nd Generation Trailblazer SUV.

Designing the new TrailBlazer:
[video=youtube;yr28QizZQzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr28QizZQzk[/video]

Teaser/Promo:
[video=youtube;Ls9lIIGBgcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls9lIIGBgcM[/video]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
It is a lot different that is for sure! Seems like its long since there are 3 rows of seats. I am personally not a fan of the EXT ones because they are too big for me. Now if they have something like this in the making, do they have the SS being worked on also or the envoy? Have you guys heard anything about that?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
If they could make a sporty version and it looks descent I MIGHT consider. Other than what I have seen of the new tb's I don't like em. Look to van'ish' yuck!

Flash12623

Dec 3, 2011
For me, the coolest thing about the first video was the music. I'm not to impressed by the looks or the third row. If they produced a capable Z71 version for it I'd go get one but I doubt they would.

WillyGood

Jan 31, 2012
It seems to be the general consensus but i too don't like the ext models... Old or new. If that thing was just shortened up a bit and maybe some bigger tires I think it would be pretty sick.

I like the Colorado a lot. It looks like what it is supposed to look like, a pick up truck.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Article says:
the new global Chevrolet Trailblazer is better suited for countries with poor roads.

With that being said it should have been well suited here, at least in my area. :smile:

My god the ruts in I-5 this morning were jerking me all ove the place.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Yes Im jealous, 2.8L I4 Duramax putting out 346lb ft of tq. Awesome. I would KILL for that, those things are going to be great tow rigs as long as the rear suspension can handle it! And probably gets 25+ mpg on the highway too, of course us stupid Americans wont be getting it. That would make too much sense, give us a vehicle that is utilitarian AND gets good gas mileage, pretty much an oxymoron for the U.S. :duh:

borretje

Jan 1, 2012

Attachments

• Chevrolet_Trailblaz_978037d.jpg
    Chevrolet_Trailblaz_978037d.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 401
  • Chevrolet_Trailblaz_978045q.jpg
    Chevrolet_Trailblaz_978045q.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 396
  • Chevrolet_Trailblaz_978046d.jpg
    Chevrolet_Trailblaz_978046d.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 397

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
They can keep it in Holland.....I've said it before I'll say it once more EWWWWW :yawn: Looks like a large Equinox

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Before this goes too far, I suggest we keep the discussion in Jman's Sticky thread

Mods, can we get a merge here?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Looks like they improved the approach angles from the first set of renderings. The front facia is not nearly so tall.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I like-ish it. Looks a little more "manly" the the first rendering.

2013-Chevrolet-Trailblazer-1%25255B2%25255D.jpg

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
It doesn't look too bad but the right handed steering indicates that production for the Gulf will probably be Australia as the Chevy Lumina and Caprice. Originally branded as Holden's.

They're great powerful cars but durability sux and wear out quickly! I'm sure We'll be seeing alot of them here in the Gulf once they're out especially with Toyota going down the drain with their high prices and not so great quality

tricguy007

Dec 7, 2011
[video=youtube;Ls9lIIGBgcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls9lIIGBgcM[/video]

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Only good thing is a SRA.

All companies seem to be changing their suvs to be more mainstream. No more leaders just followers.

As a sidenote the new nissan pathfinder bit the dust and now is a CUV

OctaneRider03

Jul 31, 2012
What's up guys! Hopefully there already isn't a thread about this so if so, I apologize in advance!

We've seen the articals, watched the videos and heard the reviews.. What's your take on the new TB? Could you see a potential U.S. version? Should it or should it not come out here to begin with?

It was made off the Colorado platform!..? Does it rate to have the name Trailblazer? What are your thoughts?!

It looks like a bubble! :rotfl:

OctaneRider03

Jul 31, 2012
Not a huge fan of the Colorodo either.. GM shouldn't have let that one out the cage, just one mechanical failure after another.. The new TB is built off the same platform? Are you kidding? It's so UGLY! Kind of like the new Jeeps, rounded off and bubble shaped! Ugh! Keep that thing away from the States!

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
OctaneRider03 said:
Kind of like the new Jeeps, rounded off and bubble shaped! Ugh! Keep that thing away from the States!

Don't compare a new trailblazer with a jeep, because the jeep is better. I personaly like the new Jeep lineup, I can't to see what the wagoneer will look like in 2013.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Porkins said:
Don't compare a new trailblazer with a jeep, because the jeep is better. I personaly like the new Jeep lineup, I can't to see what the wagoneer will look like in 2013.

At least the new trailblazer is still BOF. The cherokee is a unibody. Blargh.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Sparky said:
At least the new trailblazer is still BOF. The cherokee is a unibody. Blargh.

Sorry I was following up on the ugly style comment. But I do agree, Chevy has one thing right. BOF!

OctaneRider03

Jul 31, 2012
Porkins said:
Sorry I was following up on the ugly style comment. But I do agree, Chevy has one thing right. BOF!

Better how? In comparison to what? The motor? Obviously that brand new Jeep has the overall better engine! I'm talking about in overall design. Don't tell what NOT to compare it too either, it most certainly follows "mainstream" looks as far as design and that's what I'm getting at. You see so many ugly "rounded off" bubble cars these days and for what? Why are companies doing this? It's like everyone's losing their edge!

I'm a fan of the older style Jeeps and SRT-8's btw. May Chevy have hope yet, as if the Equinox wasn't enough ugliness to release upon us.. Stay frosty!:thumbsup:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
For those still wondering, here's how the 2013 Trailblazer looks in real life at the dealership in Riyadh and yes it is still Ugly. Looks like a Toyota, Isuzu, etc...:frown:

blazer3_zps647344e1.jpg

blazer2_zps50e79940.jpg

Blazer1_zpsd73e9fcc.jpg

PS: I don't take credit for these. I still haven't had the chance to go down to the dealership myself

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I really wish those GM REPs would have listened to us. :hissyfit: We can all hope that if it does come to the States they redesign it like the Colorado.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At first glace the Traverse comes to mind. Not truck looking at all :no:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
Not truck looking at all :no:
At least is still looks like a truck underneath. (that's where it counts, right?) :undecided:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
True. No unibody FWD nonsense.

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
I can't stand that sloped-dash look. I like the surface, where my control modules are, to be perpendicular-ish to the top of my dash. The only thing it needs is to have the main gauge cluster in the center of the dash.:twocents:

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
:puke:

I'm skeptical you could even lift the shit out of it and make it look decent with fabbed bumpers. Given the Cherokee, I'd say offroaders are pretty much fu(ked as far as newer midsized offroad vehicles go.

Just for the sake of wackiness I'd love to see a juke on 37s or bigger :biggrin:

jonbo2002

Sep 27, 2012
I want to see it next to a original TB for size comparison. It does look like a mini van with swinging doors though

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online